Be Live Collection Punta Cana
$210
$178
Very Good 4/5
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$433
$254
Melia.com
Great 4.5/5
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$391
$229
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$146
$114
Barcelo.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$293
$205
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$261
$204
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$305
Excellent 5/5
$908
TripAdvisor
11,524 results
All reviewsvip beachbe live grandvip barvictor pollantiswindows buffetspaghettimain buffetcoca colaanimation teambeach barfoam partymichael jackson showa la cartesbottle of rumstayed in buildingrecommend this resortbreakfast and lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Let me begin by saying that this was my 5th trip here, my husband and son's 4th and our extended family's first. We stayed from 5/29-6/5. Our check in with Montero (excellent front desk clerk with an infectious smile) was flawless. We were checked-in quickly and ready to enjoy our holiday. Next, my brother checked-in and after a brief room snafu, he was ready with wife to enjoy, also. (My nephew checked in an hour earlier without a problem.). My brother and myself had rooms next to each other. We had beachfront rooms in block 4. I have included pictures from our balcony. Beautiful, clean rooms with picturesque views in each direction. These rooms were very centrally located to the restaurants, main pool, beach and lobby. Could not have been happier with our rooms! Thanks to Victor for helping us out!

We ate the gourmet restaurant, the Mexican and the Japanese. Each meal was delicious and plentiful. The gourmet had some out of the ordinary offerings and our party of 8 enjoyed the meal very much. The Mexican restaurant had the usual Mexican fare. It was very good and the meal starts with a help-your-self salad and appetizer bar. This bar could have been a meal in itself with all it had to offer. For dessert you also a helped yourself to a limited offering of sweets. My son celebrated his 16th birthday at this restaurant. After our meal, the staff (from the floor and kitchen) sang Happy Birthday and brought out a cake with candles. It was a wonderful experience! Our last night we chose to eat at the Japanese grill. We have done this before and I suggest that you give it a try. The meal is pre-set. You do not get to chose your entree but what they serve is wonderful...soup, sushi (niece and nephew ate all of ours), grilled fried rice with vegetables, and beef, chicken and shrimp grilled with teriyaki sauce. Delicious!!!!!!! Dessert was fried ice cream and you could also have saki. We did not get reservations at the Brazilian or Italian restaurant because there was no availability.
Reservations for the restaurants are a problem. Reservations for the week open up on Saturday for the following Sun-Sat. If you have a large group or you arrive later in the week, good luck. Everything fills up quickly and you are stuck with the buffet. This is the one thing I did not like on this visit. On our past visits, reservations were not needed for the restaurants and getting in with a party more than 4 was quite easy. Not so much anymore. Eunice (I recall that was her name) needs a new position because she was not customer friendly at all when making reservations. We came across her 3 times and WOW, she needs a new position. The other dinner reservation personnel were quite understanding and helpful.

We did have a private gourmet dinner on the beach, with champagne, that was a highlight to our week. We were celebrating our return to BeLive, an anniversary, a birthday, and life itself!!!!! This was a special treat and very much appreciated. Our waiter (darn it, I forgot his name) usually works the Mexican restaurant. He was asked to take care of us for the evening and he was unbelievable. Courteous, prompt, friendly and simply amazing! Now I know why he has been working there for soooo many years!

Now, I did say(2 paragraphs above) that you were stuck with the buffet. That is not truly a bad thing. The dinner buffet has a theme every night. The he food was quite good and the staff is so attentive. We met Argenis our first evening and we have a friend for life. He took care of us every meal thereafter in the buffet. Even on days he was not serving drinks he made sure he came by and said hello. We sat in his stations for breakfast and dinner whenever possible. By the middle of the week he could just bring us our drinks without even asking. What a gem of a worker!!!

Now onto the rest of the resort. The main pool is very refreshing. Usually kept very clean and the swim up bar is quite inviting. Pedro, one of the bartenders, was outstanding at providing us wonderful drinks and always with a smile. We met Pedro a few years ago and were happy to see he was still working here! The pool has a volleyball net and water polo goals for your use at any time. Someone was usually getting a game together and all are welcome to play.
Beach volleyball usually was played every afternoon and was quite competitive. My adult nephew and son played and had quite a blast with the Norwegians, Brits, and Germans. (The USA team won!). The games we saw were not for the non-compete folks. This was hard-core Volleyball.

The beach here is very nice. The water tends be on the calm side. Yes, there is seaweed on the beach but workers clear the stuff all day long. They go from one end to the other and start all over again, each and every day. The water is clear. Many boats are anchored in the area but it is truly a beautiful site and do not hamper the picturesque view. You can walk on the beach for quite a way in either direction. When facing the water, from the resort, you can go to the right. You can walk thru the marina, pass the small town of Cabeza de Toro (nice King Lobster restaurant here), pass Residential Guadelupe, and unto undeveloped beach. If leaving the resort to the left...you will pass Dreams Palm Beach, Natura Eco Park and unto undeveloped beach for miles and miles.

Evenings at the resort are filled with activity. In the main courtyard there is nightly entertainment followed by a show in the theater. We did not attend many of the shows due to the fact we have seen most of them already.

We did splurge on massages on the beach. Jose approached us day one about getting a massage and 4 in our party splurged. Angelica, Julia and ????? were very skilled and provided a spectacular massage that was well worth the money.

My husband used the catamaran 2 different days and my brother and son used the kayaks. Both required a down payment but it was easily returned when boats were returned undamaged. We also arranged parasailing and 2 person speedboat tours with the aqua enter. They charged 1/2 the price of what the other tour operators were asking. Highly recommend using them for water related activities.

We did venture out to the little shopping area outside the resort. Warning!!!!! The owners of these little shack shops are overly persistent and it was quite an experience. Is have done this before but I find that the shopkeepers are getting more aggressive each time. Walk down a little further and you can shop at "LaDefensa", a little market and shop without the bother. Prices were great!!!!

I hope I answered a few questions and hope I did not ramble too much. We are already talking about our next visit. One thing to remember...this is not a 5 star property. It is priced appropriately for what is provided. If you want 5 star, pay for 5 star. We have stayed at higher rated facilities but have returned to our little gem known as the Be Live Grand Punta Cana where we always have a phenomenal vacation with memories and friends to last a lifetime.

I must end my review with a few thoughts about the Dominican people. They are the kindest and hardest working people. They work from sun up to sun down and make very few dollars for what they do. A small tip goes a long way for them. If you tip at home, please tip while on vacation!

Room Tip: Block 3 is central but noisy during the day. Block 4 is central and close to everything!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank 2015BeachBound
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I would rate this Hotel as an average, after going to Punta Cana more than 3 times before going to this hotel, I can say that I have a point of comparison. For the price it was good for a maybe 3 stars Hotel. If you are used to 5 stars Hotels my advise is don't go there. I would have rather to pay a little bit more and go to the previous Hotels that I have gone before.

The room that I got it was good but the phone was not working, I reported it more than 5 times and it was never fixed.
The toilette we had to fixed our self because it was not working.

I personally did like the food it did not look fresh and do not expect to eat lobster or shrims in there. You will have to pay extra money to get that kind of food. The had a lot of fruits and juice. The Best restaurant for Breackfast and Lunch is the Mexican Restaurant.

They have a buffet and 8 more restaurants you will have to reserve before going to the restaurants and they are no always available, if you like meat go to The Brazilian Restaurant the meat was delicious.
The drinks are really bad if you don't get the VIP, I had to pay 25 dollars more per day to get the VIP, but trust me it is worthy, with the VIP bracelet you will get really good drinks, specially of you get them prepared by Mr. Santiago a really nice person excellent bartender and excellent customer service. He was very nice to every one, even though to people that didn't give him tips.

The customer service overall was average, you notice the difference. Some times there were employees that would say hi with a happy face and others that looked like they hated their jobs. Also some of them were not professional at all, they did not respect and I felt bad some times because some guys were a little bit fresh and saucy they need to know that not all girls like that. Most of the people from the front desk are kind of rude.

The animation activities were nice, aerobics, participation games, they teach you how to dance merengue and bachata. The have Zumba section every day, They do activities in the beach and in the pool.

They need some imptovement in maintrnance and cleaning. Every time I went to any of their public bathrooms they were either super nasty or out of service

The casino is closed
The beach was nice.

I also want to thanks Mr. Alfonso who took my logage to the room and gave us a really nice orientation about the hotel. He was very respecfull and very nice person

The Hotel has potential to be a better Hotel but they need to improve in customer service, food, maintenance and cleaning.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dayana E
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The seaview is just amazing, the atmosphere of endless fun, the animation group (so energetic guys, especially Papi Champoo with his fantastic sence of humor), the food and people around...I won't ever forget our best summer in Be Live Grand Punta Cana!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bekasia
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am currently on my 4th night at this resort and departing in the morning. To say that I can't wait to get out of here is an understatement.I booked my trip through a travel agent at Vacation to go. I contacted my travel agent to complain about how extremely dissatisfied I was with this resort, only to be told that what I have experienced is pretty standard for international resorts.

Here are just a few of my issues;
No wash clothes
Broken AC
Switched rooms only to have plumbing issues in the new room
Harassing vendors trying to sale timeshares, tours, goods and etc
Casino closed
Only 2 out of the 7 restaurants were open on any given night

Do yourself a favor and spend a few extra dollars t avoid this resort!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Kenya S
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My friend and I stayed for two weeks at the Be Live Grand for the first fortnight in June. We're glad that we didn't pay attention to some of the reviews we read before we left as we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The grounds and pool areas are so well kept and we actually felt very sorry for the gardeners working in 30 plus degrees with welly boots on! Food is a very personal thing but we always found something to enjoy out of the vast array in the buffet restaurant and enjoyed our eating experiences in the other restaurants - particularly the Asian. Neither of us experienced sickness or stomach upset of any kind during our stay. We had a problem with our air conditioning which we reported at 9pm and it was fixed the following day. The animation team certainly helped to make our holiday - special thanks to Mambo, J.C and Maribel - their boss, Julio,wow! What a dancer! In a suit! In that heat! So thanks to all who helped make our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor in block 12 - everything worked well and we slept like logs!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends