“AMAZING RESORT!!!”

Ranked #65 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Ottawa, Canada
“AMAZING RESORT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I just spent the week at Be Live Grand Punta Cana with my husband Feb 9-16. We are from Canada and in our late 20’s. We have been to many resorts before and loved this place! The weather was close to perfect and the light breeze never stopped. This resort was very large and by the end of the week I felt that there was still much of it I hadn’t seen. The staff were excellent!
FOOD: The buffet at the main restaurant (“Windows”) was where we ate at each day for breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner. It was very good and the largest I had ever seen. The variety was fantastic! Some of the food was sometimes a bit cold but that’s what happens at a buffet. I especially enjoyed that there was always lots of healthy options and always a very wide range of different things to make a great salad. Though, there weren’t many salad dressings to choose from. The 4 “a la carte” options were quite good as well. My favourite was the Japanese place. One of the best meals I have had! The chef makes it in front of you. I wasn’t crazy about the American restaurant. My husband loved the Brazilian place, as they came around with meat sticks and cut off whichever meat you wanted. The Mexican place was quite good too. We never made it to the Italian place, sadly. I recommend booking the a la carte for the whole week as soon as you arrive, as some fill up quite fast. Overall, I was more than impressed with food at this resort, especially the variety. I also liked that there is always some place serving food, 24 hours.
THE RESORT: itself is so well maintained. There is always someone going around (on the beach too) picking up garbage and cups at all times. It is a beautiful place. The pools are so lovely and there are so many to choose from. I also felt so safe everywhere I went. I felt the employees were so trustworthy. The gym looked pretty good with nice big windows. We spent many of the nights at the disco on site which was loads of fun. There are plenty of bars all over the resort, which was great. I really like that it's only 15 minutes from the airport!
THE STAFF: are wicked. We loved the servers and bartenders. We gave most of the ones we really liked a large tip on our first day and they treated us like kings/queens the whole week. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The housekeeper was very good and trustworthy. We got a safe for the week which is about $20 and well worth it.
THE ROOM: was very clean and just what we expected. We stayed in block 2 which was very central and perfect for us. I heard of people in block 11 and further that said they found it so far from everything. The AC was good. We were given lots of pop, water and beer each day from the maid.
ENTERTAINMENT: was my most favourite part. The best was the M.C. (host), named Donald. He made the resort worth coming back for. He was the best! He belongs on TV. The dancing is so good by all the staff. They have activities/competitions, sports during the day. They have shows each night at 9:45pm. The most amazing show was “Circus” which was, honestly, almost as good as cirque du soleil. It was AMAZING!!! The other shows were good too and many of them involved people in the audience who had to compete for prizes...pretty funny stuff. All of the employees seem to work such long and hard hours and they deserve to be recognized.
BEACH: was really nice, a bit more seaweed washing up on shore than I expected at times but they were good at cleaning it up regularly. Water was clean and clear with light waves. There were lots of options for shade. The sand was like powder. No bugs. There were quite a few people selling excursions, cigars and braids, etc. and all you have to say is “no, thank you” once or twice and they leave you be. Be there early to get a chair for the beach. They provide new towels each day.
Tips/advice:
*There aren’t many clocks anywhere. I’d recommend bringing a watch of sorts to keep track of time, especially if you have dinner reservations.
*There are guys on the resort who are always trying to get you to meet with them. They say they will give you a free bottle of booze. It’s to promote their VIP package. It’s annoying and a waste of time.
*There is great market 3 minutes away from the resort that is really good. I felt safe there. Keep in mind prices are marked up by about 300-400%. Sometimes you have to actually walk away to get the price you want.
*We went on one excursion to Saona Island. The beach itself was gorgeous but the bus getting there was annoying and slow. I wouldn’t do it over, if I could have. I heard the best excursion was a pirate ship one from fellow travellers. Even the prices for excursions are negotiable-keep in mind!
*I wish I brought smaller dollar bills to tip. They didn’t have change anywhere I asked on the resort.
*If you’re a drinker, bring a big travel mug and they will fill it for you with your drink of choice. It saves everyone work and time and waste.
*My credit and debit cards didn’t work on any of the machines on and off the resort which was very annoying. I called my bank prior to say I’d be away. Another Canadian couple said they had the same problem and it’s the brand of ATM machines there. The only place to get cash was a different ATM 25 minutes into town! Super frustrating! My credit worked at the front desk for the resort, however.
Overall, I highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: I was in block 2, while it wasn't one of the newly renovated buildings, the location was great!
11 Thank terri r
Dirección Be Li... G, Manager at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Terri r,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana, we are sure it will be very helpful for our future guests.

We are going to share your review with our team, whom we are sure will be encouraged by your remarks.

We look forward to serve you again in the future, and provide you with another unbelievable Be Live experience.

Kind regards,

Be Live Grand Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,287)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic and we really didn't know what to expect from the area or the resort. We were just looking to get away for some rest and relaxation. We found Be Live to be everything we needed and more.
Everything was excellent. Our room was first-rate, the food was terrific, staff, service, beach, and pools were all high-quality. We really had a great time. We ate at the Mexican, Italian and Japanese restaurants. We didn’t have any trouble getting reservations and loved the food. I also loved the food at Windows buffet. There was lots of variety, plenty to choose from. It was just as good as anything I have tasted.
The refreshments were plentiful and enjoyable. We went for long walks on the beach, enjoyed the music in the evenings, had a couple of workouts at the gym and enjoyed a massage. We slept very well. The resort was very clean, we felt safe and secure; we enjoyed all the staff and found them to be more than helpful and friendly. The bartenders were all excellent and we really enjoyed Francisco, Wilson and Juana.
We often marveled at how hard the staff worked, the gentleman that maintained the beach never stopped. He worked extremely hard and did a great job. Also enjoyed watching the guy trim the palm trees. We had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Polantis who is a great model and leader for his staff and he speaks better French than I do. I certainly recommend Be Live and would not hesitate to return. The only thing we will do different next time is to stay longer. One week was great but two would be better.

Room Tip: We took what they gave us and loved it. We were in building #3 and it was quiet and very comfortable...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank FNB50
Dear FNB50,

On the name of our team and myself, thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We are delighted to know we were able to fulfill your expectations.

We will share your review with our team, especially with the ones that made your stay more enjoyable, we are sure they will be encouraged by your remarks.

Kind Regards,

Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

overall, I am left a bit confused over this hotel...some things were great and some things were so awful...and you never knew which way it was going to go. Very frustrating check in which took over an hour. Had a nice time overall, but lots of elements might have easily ruined my vacation if I let them get to me. Cleaning staff work very hard. They are not the problem. The disorganization is stunning. We will not return.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank CanadianTraveller81
Dear CanadiaTraveller81,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We are very sorry to learn we were not able to fulfill your expectations, and apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Unfortunately your review is not very specific, and does not give us the opportunity to change what was wrong.

We look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, feel free to contact us if you would like to provide us with further information.

Kind regards,

Víctor Pollantis
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I am only writing about what I experienced. CHECK IN - expect 45 mins to 1 hour. We booked a Jr. Suite (not VIP) and when we opened the door to our room, on ground floor facing the ocean, we found it was occupied. Luckily the lady was wearing a towel. Our Bellboy took us to the Beach Garden Café and said he would fix things for us. Upon returning 45 mins later he said we had been upgraded to VIP Master suite on the 2nd floor, with a side view of the beach.
ROOM- Beautiful, spacious, garden tub, walk in shower, mini bar, balcony. We did not have towels in the room and didn't realize this until we took a shower. The fridge doesn't get very cold but the drinks were cool. VIP meant that we had access to a section of the beach, a private pool, an outdoor bar, stocked mini bar, VIP lounge with concierge and refreshments, etc. We didn't have to get in line to make reservations for the restaurants the concierge was able to make all week for us at once. We also got to check out in the VIP Lounge. Free internet was included as well as an internet code for personal devices in your room. FOOD-Bad. None of it was warm or appetizing. Windows, the buffet, you will see the same food for breakfast lunch and dinner. Large selection, but I'm not one to eat corn on the cob, broccoli, green beans, etc for breakfast. Find the guy cooking eggs on the grill, your best chance for warm food. By dinner it looks as though the same food has been out all day.The pineapple taste like it had been sitting in something that was soured. The deserts look like those on a cruise, beautiful but blah. GORMET restaurant was not good. The islands just can't produce beef. Steak was burnt, though the potatoes were good. MEXICAN restaurant was decent. Stick with the chicken. BRAZILIAN- was a joke. The fresh pan of baked potatoes was stone cold. The beef again, was charred, the chicken so fatty it was not edible, and the "sausage" was cut up hotdogs that they serve at lunch. We left and went to the buffet. JAPANESE STEAKHOUSE- they try so hard to imitate the restaurants here but they just can't. It was decent but none of these restaurants would survive in the US. TIMESHARE SALES-Beware of the pushy salespersons. They hang out around the restaurants and the beach. They all dress alike, black pant, khaki shirts and hats. They will ask you over and over again. Just ignore them and keep walking, no matter what you tell them they will keep trying. SHOPPING-A few of the onsite stores are priced and you can take home some items from the island as well as buy sunscreen, etc. A few of them are not priced and it will be like shopping in a flea market. They will not tell you a price and will try to get you to bundle several items before telling you. At least twice a week the resort will bring in outside vendors mostly jewelry and they are very aggressive as you past by. Keep walking unless you are interested in what they have but it will take a while to get away. Beach vendors will be a constant but they are only allowed to come so far into the resort so keep a distance from the water and they will only annoy you with their whistles. The local mall provides a free shuttle from the resort to the mall. Once you get there you will learn that you have to get a card stamped saying that you have been on the first floor and the second floor. You must get this in order to get back on the bus. The second floor person was not there, however we didn't have a problem getting back on the bus. It is 2 hours at the mall. ENTERTAINMENT- Every evening there is entertainment at the main pool/ bar area. Someone singing or playing an instrument. It was nice but just about everyone is chatty and smoking. THINGS I DIDN'T USE There is a small casino, a disco some other evening entertainment that looked terribly silly with guest onstage. MEDICAL- there is an office on site. EXCURSIONS- these can be purchased in the lobby. We used expedia and went on an all day Supreme Sarahi trip, 7:45-4 (which turned into 5). This trip took us to a school with interaction with the kids, a church (if your knees show ladies, they will provide you with a skirt before you can enter), thru the town and into the mountains where they harvest cocoa and coffee. We had lunch there and then on to someone's house. While this trip was somewhat interesting the roads are the worse I've ever been on and I've been to many islands, Mexico, Peru, etc. Unless you want to know what a pop corn kernel feels like I would tell you to avoid this. Particularly if you have back or neck problems, motion sickness, pregnant, etc. Consider the warnings on a US roller coaster and heed the same to this trip. The agent said it was like a van inside but it will beat you to death. They also call it "open bar" but try drinking the pepsi in a cup poured out of a 2 liter while bouncing all over the road. OCEAN- nice water, pretty sand, some sea grass but the resort keeps it raked. Location and room and pools are great. Food is bad. If you have a choice of this or something else, spent the extra money and go to Jamaica, Bahamas, etc. It is not on my short list to return.

Room Tip: VIP may be worth it. Not sure how much it cost but it does give you free internet, a section on a le...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dirección Be Li... G, Club Premier Manager at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Becky,

First of all we would like to thank you very much for sharing your experience about your recent stay in Be Live Grand Punta Cana. Our guests’ opinions are very important for us since your satisfaction is our top priority.

Thanks for evaluating every aspect during your stay, know that we always put our biggest effort and make our best to make the best of your vacations. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you might have experience, it is definitely not part of what our standards represent.

However we are glad to know that you had a great time in the VIP area. We will wait for you to be back at our resort and we assure you will have a great stay.

Best regards.

Marta Esperón
Club Premier Manager
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We are a couple from germany, we were here the 2. time! the normal area was not so quiet and there were not enough places to lay down at the beach! at the second day we booked the V.I.P. Area! that was the perfectes one we ever saw! the service, the beach, eating, the pool was amazing! jose, rafael and chayenne made perfect service all day! when you will book that hotel, you have to book the v.i.p. area! you will not regret! it was a fantastic times - perfect 2 weeks! we will come back next year! thank you guys a lot for that vacation!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jessieandsteven
Dear Jessie and Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our VIP area.

We will share your review with our team, especially with the ones that made your stay more enjoyable.

We look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Addison, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

to Marta and her crew,(Darlin cavolina, Nicolas and Frank) a 10 for your help and service . Great time and your crew helped make it that way.The rooms were clean and the food and drinks you served was also great. Hope to see you all next year

t

2 Thank fscam1626
Dirección Be Li... G, Club Premier Manager at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Fred,

We are proud to hear about your satisfaction on this trip. It was a pleasure to share our time with both of you.
We are looking forward to meet you next year.

Kindest Regards,

Marta Esperón
Club Premier Manager
Fort St. John, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

just returned from a two week vacation at the be live. The room upgrade is a must as the standard rooms aren't great. Allowing time share companies to rent the upstairs of the lobby leaves you constantly having to listen to them trying to sell you timeshares. In two I didn't get an alarm clock that worked finally just gave up. The segway tour was really fun. Food was good lots of Russians and germans compared to porta playa

Room Tip: beach front room building 2 to get away from noise of late night parties
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
#19 of 25 in Bavaro
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana

Been to Be Live Collection Punta Cana? Share your experiences!