Be Live Collection Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Naragua(Punta Cana)
  • Restaurant
11,524 results
All reviewsvip beachbe live grandvip barvictor pollantiswindows buffetspaghettimain buffetcoca colaanimation teambeach barfoam partymichael jackson showa la cartesbottle of rumstayed in buildingrecommend this resortbreakfast and lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I went to this hotel because my family opted for a Senior Trip package for my sister and this was the hotel the travel company chose. We arrived to the hotel and the first thing I didn't like was its closeness to the main road (It is a medium size hotel compared to others I've visited in Punta Cana so I guess its just a matter of not wasting space). The lobby was cozy and had a beautiful staircase and nice furniture, but small in space and a little uncomfortable to do a check-in and a check-out with about 100 people in the same space, too many noise and too many suitcases. The rooms was nicely decorated with two double beds and a TV. The A/C was good, the mini fridge had sodas and water and were refilled everyday. The balcony had a nice view to one of the secondary pools around the complex and the maids were very friendly. Although it was a nice room, it had a moldy odor when we arrived (it faded away after leaving the balcony doors opened for a while, but still lost points on first impression). The room also had bad terminations and some of the buildings needed a paint job.
One of the things that I really did't like was the food. I'm not a picky person when talking about food, but this hotel just didn't that to me in terms of gastronomy. At the buffet the presentation was OK I guess, but the food variety was very poor and the flavors were not to my liking (I do have to admit that Dominican pineapples are delicious and were my salvation when I didn't find anything of my liking. I even lost a few pounds!) There's a variety of restaurants of different types (Mexican, Brazilian, gourmet, Japanese...) and you have to make reservations in order to go. I only made a reservation to the Mexican restaurant, because all of the other were reserved until the next week so I cant really comment on those.
Drinking alcoholic beverages in an all inclusive hotel is one of the main focus of the pleasure traveler. Sadly, the Be Live Grand Hotel didn't offer a wide section of alcohol, all of them were from the Dominican Republic and if you wanted something with, let's say whiskey or other foreign alcohol you had to pay for it.
Pools and beaches are the main attraction in most of Punta Cana hotels. The Be Live hotel have a main pool which is in the center of the complex, and has also various river and pond like pools in between some buildings which is a good idea. The problem with this is that the main pool is always the most crowded with kids and people drinking alcohol and it's small for all the people that use it. My parents and I used the river like pool that was located next to our building; it was always almost empty, clean and relaxing. My sister and the seniors that came also with the Senior Trip package used the main pool, and lets say that at the end of the vacation, my sister and various of the other kids got sick from swimming in that pool. Once, I went to check up on her and the pool smelled like piss and was very turbid, so you can imagine the reason for getting sick. The beach of this hotel was not of my liking either, it had only a tiny space of sand and the rest was seaweed.
My mother and I decided to take a relaxing morning at the spa on our third day. When we arrived the A/C was not working. The spa package offered a 20 min massage, 15 min at the sauna and 15 min at the Jacuzzi with a glass of champagne. The massages and the sauna were great and the ladies were very friendly and respectful. After getting out of the sauna we got to the Jacuzzi area and it was divided in three sections: a very cold jacuzzi, a normal temperature jacuzzi and a hot water jacuzzi. The cold one had hair and dirt on it, the normal one had hair and a cockroach wing, and the hot one was at normal temperature. The champagne was served in plastic drinking glass that reeked of smelly rag. So yeah, not the cleanest place.
To entertain people at night, the hotel hosted nightly shows mostly in Spanish and sometimes with other languages translations; some of them were just making jokes on people and/or playing games. Others were more like a poor theatrical version of Broadway shows or movies like Burlesque or Chicago.
As you can see, this hotel has not reached my expectations. It lacks of attention to the needs of their guest and has a serious lack of hygiene, therefore I don't recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Aleida Y
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Hated staying here I just left this place. FOOD was HORRIBLE ! The bedrooms are horrible ! Cleaning service was horrible ! The maids will steal ANYTHING so be careful if you go! Me and my family went to visit other resorts which were BEAUTIFUL belive has to be the worst resort you can go to ! Yea its cheap but i recommend you spend the extra money and check out at better resort ! I would never ever come back to this resort ! Even tho i hated were i stayed the people were really cool and nice in punta cana i will come back again but stay at a more better resort !

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank vickysecrets
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I have just returned to the UK from our Honeymoon to the Be Live Grand in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Firstly the Dominican Republic is a beautiful country and is definitely one to be visited.

The Hotel - Pros
- Clean
- Spacious room
- Nice beach
- Decent food for an all inclusive
- Choice of restaurants - recommended ones being American, Italian, The Grill, Mexican and definitely the Japanese.
- A number of different pools
- Flamingos
- Good selection of cocktails
- Air conditioned rooms
- Friendly reception staff and waiter/waitresses

The Hotel - Cons

- The hotel (possibly the area) appears to cater for Puerto Ricans and South Americans with a fairly large amount of Russains. This means that the entertainment and prodominently in Spanish with a little bit of Russain and the odd bit of English however the entertainers speak to quietly and in poor English that it is different to join in with any entertainment if you do not speak Spanish. Alot of the entertainment requires communication.
- The bar staff are not rude however are not particularly friendly. They don't assist if you try to speak Spanish and don't seem to be up for a laugh.
- The pool is only about a metre deep all over.
- The swim up pool is good however strangely constantly surrounded by children and therefore difficult to get a drink.
- As good as the maids were at cleaning the rooms on a large number of occasions it would be gone 6pm and our room had still yet to be cleaned.
- Food can be repetitive however this is common place in All Inclusive Resorts.
- Stay clear of the French Restaurant!
- Within the hotel there are salesman trying to sell you a membership to a travel club. If this doesn't interest you so NO when you are badged into going upstairs from the reception.
- Twice a week there is a market which comes into the hotel on an evening and is situated around the main pool. You cannot move around the hotel without coming across the market and the sells are extremely pushy. Keep you eyes down and just say no!

Overall the hotel is not catered for English however there were 2 other English couples there at the same time as us. We had a fabulous holiday an would return to the Dominican Republic however would not go to Punta Cana.

Room Tip: Upgrade where possible! Be aware air conditioning can leak!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank semwest
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We purchased a Groupon for Be Live Grand Punta Cana and traveled June 20-25, 2013. We arrived early so our rooms where not ready. We were greeted with a drink and given all of our check-in information. Once our rooms where ready, they lead us on a long hike to Block 14. This is a LONG walk! The rooms where nice but very far from any of food or entertainment. I attempted to call come friends who were traveling with us but our phones were not working. Our friends decided to call the front desk to check on ocean front upgrades. They were first told that the upgrade was $50.00 per night. We trekked back to the main lobby to upgrade. This time we were told that the upgrade was $50.00 per person per night. We immediately told them that that price was ridiculous and we were no longer interested in an upgrade. They then changed the price back to $50.00 per night. We upgraded to an ocean front room in Block 3 (Room 3245, our friends were in 3246). These rooms where great - very pretty and clean. We soon realized that the phones did not work in this building either and we needed towels and pillows. We walked back to the main lobby (a total of 4 times on Day 1) and were told that they would be up shortly with the things we needed - they never came. Our rooms were also very hot - the air will not go below 80 F, regardless of the temperature setting. We found this out on Day 3. We traveled without kids to this kid friendly resort - big mistake! This seems to be a location where locals like to vacation too. Kids were everywhere – and most did not have any supervision at the buffet in Windows. All of the other restaurants are reservation only go make sure you go on DAY 1 to make your reservations for the next 3 days – then you have to back on Day 3 to make reservations for Days 4-6, etc. Prepare to eat at the buffet on the first night – they won’t have any reservation time open. Most of the food was OK - there was nothing that we just had to have more of. Most foods were plain and all tasted the same. Note: Just because the food looks like something you recognize does not mean that's what it is! All of the frozen drinks were never frozen and they cut these machines off early into the night most nights.

Most of the entertainment was in Spanish, although most of the staff spoke 5 languages. Prepare to be hassled quite a bit about the timeshare opportunities - they will be waiting on you after breakfast!! The entertainment was pretty cheesy most nights! The beach party (Friday Night, I think) was pretty fun. A few good dancing songs but not a lot of popular American music – mostly popular Spanish songs. The resort did have a local Michael Jackson impersonator who was really good! The beginning of the show was a little cheesy – but stick with it, you will enjoy it!

Overall, this was an OK vacation. We have traveled to a few other all-inclusive locations that were much better than the DR. We don’t plan to return.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk a long distance for food and entertainment, ask for Block 3 or 4. The oceanfront rooms in these buildings are nice. Don't plan on having a working phone or a cool room in any of the buildings!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank htotheptothek
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was our third time to the Dominican this year and our 2nd to Be Live. We were a little worried because we had a few problems the last time in January visiting and we had family meeting us there from NY for their first time. Everything couldn't have went any better. From the start Charlene and Ruth from Lifestyle Holiday resort were unbelievable with their customer service. They mad sure everything we had requested was perfect. Once we arrived my cousin was blown away with their room. We met so many great people vacationing there. The staff there is like no there. I would like to personally thank Luis and Noel in the VIP bar upstairs. And Santiago at the VIP bar at the beach was unbelievable. When he left for his days off it wasn't the same he adds so mush character to the resort. We would also like to thank Abel for making our nights so much fun. We could go on and on thanking everyone, the whole staff is really unbelievable.

Room Tip: Try and get in building 7, even if you have to pay more to upgrade to VIP it's worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple