“avoid this hotel at all cost”

Be Live Collection Punta Cana
Ranked #66 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed October 19, 2012

If you want a nice hotel----- don't go!
If you want good food ----- don't go!
If you want to sleep on your holiday ----- don't go!

Just got back from an 18 night holiday in Be live grand punta cana and could not wait to write a review on the place to stop others making the same mistake as we did. If you have booked ask your travel provider if you can change hotels. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and well looked after, the beach and sea are lovely you do however get quite a lot of seaweed which the staff clear up on a daily basis, if you take a walk along the beach past the other hotels its beautiful!!!. NOW FOR THE BAD BITS-Our first room was perfect 6 steps to the beach but no hot water and every body would stop outside our door to chat at all hours of the night, so we got a room change after 3 nights of no sleep,this room had hot water but also a leak on the ac which dripped all night long, we complained about this on several occasions but nothing was done about it and we still had the problems of noisy people so still no sleep. After leaving a tip in the restaurant the first 2 nights we did not get asked if we wanted a drink with dinner for over a week, on 3 occasions we left the table to get our next course and got back to find the table had been cleared. If you are russian or hispanic go to this hotel as you are catered for,If your English stay away.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jeff h
There are newer reviews for Be Live Collection Punta Cana

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The first
Thing that i notice when i came was the special people performing as a team, a bunch of happy, greastfull and dedicate professionals improving the best service that i ever had. We are now back at home and my wife is still speaking about the massages we did, the food, the services everything was wonderfull, we definitely come back again

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank SolCherie
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We vacationed here from 9-18-12 to 9-25-12. When we first arrived it was a little rough...the first room wasn't particularly nice---cracked bathtub, leaking sink and toilet. The second room had a refrigerator that didn't work and lots of bugs. Finally, we were upgraded to a deluxe room in building #9, 1st floor--very very nice..pool right outside of our room. The one thing that really disappointed me is that more than half of the resort was being renovated--not much to do as far as activities, and the management needs to look into the drainage and serwer system...because various places had a strong smell of sewage. The other problem there was, was the timeshare people--they chased you around---we had to duck and dodge them at every turn--this made our vacation miserable for the first 3 days until we finally told them NO and to leave us alone. There were 2 people that stood out the most--Frank the bartender at the quiet pool area. her was great--after the 1st time he knew exactly what my husband and I liked....when he say us coming he had everything prepared. The second person that stood out was julio martinez--the bellboy...He was absolutely GREAT!!!!!. When I told him it was my husband's birthday, he put everything together for an unforgettable birthday party at the japanese restaurant. He arranged for a beautiful cake, balloons, decorations, a photographer and 3 men that played guitars and sung happy birthday to my husband. My husband was very surprised and thrilled. If there is a special recognition that could be given, I would most definitely give it to Julio--he went above and beyond the call of duty. KUDO'S to you Julio!!!! Resorts should have more people like him--he is the true meaning of customer service. My husband and I will definitely be back again..fran and nate from Delaware---USA

Room Tip: the higher numbered buildings are nicer and seem more modern...especially the rooms with the pool o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dirección Be Li... G, Manager at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Fngewark,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We apologize for the fact that you were not able to fully enjoy your vacation due to the renovation that is taking place at the hotel. We are pretty sure that when you come back next, you will appreciate the changes. We are very happy to know that regardless the small issues you encountered, our employees were able to make a difference.

We look forward to serve you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Victor Pollantis
Rooms Divisions Manager
Be Live Grand Punta Cana

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was at the be live punta cana my check in was fas, i get welcome drinks and fresh towels, my room oceanfront 4330 very beatiful, the restaurants all very goo, I recommend it is a paradaise, thank yuo for making my holiday unforgettable

4  Thank Bautista1111
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was really worried when I starded reading some of the reviews about this hotel, but let me tell that I am really happy I did not change hotel. I dont really know what else they can do to make their guest happy.

We arrived at noon, and check in process was smooth. Jonathan was the person who checked us in, and he told us about some new suites they just built and offered us a great deal, for us350 you could have an ocean front suite and free massages, we took the deal and let me tell that it made a difference.

The hotel has a good size, there many pools, Restaurants and bars and the wait staff are out of this world.
I recomend you not to pay atention to the bad reviews and see for yourself.

4  Thank mcreales1969
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed in this resort for 3 nites and I wish I had stayed longer. That resort has everything you need for an awsome vacation.

6 pools
6 Restaurants
5 Bars

Beatiful rooms (rooms may be different dependig the type of room booked). The best part of this resort is the staff, they do anything to make sure you feel welcome.

1  Thank mike906
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Before our trip, I reviewed what past guests had to say about this resort. I can say without a doubt Be Live Grand Punta Cana is not a 5 star resort. I would rate it a 2 star at best. The grounds are in bad shape, the pools are cloudy, the food is not very good and a majority of the staff are rude and claim not to speak English expect they understand the U.S. Dollar. The casino on property was a joke and the entertainment was terrible. If you like sub par accomadations at a sub par resort, Be Live is for you. I would advise anyone thinking about staying at this resort to do your homework and look for another resort in Punta Cana.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew R

Dear Andrewr,

First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We are sorry to learn we were not able to fulfill your expectation; however I have to disagree about the perspective you have about our employees. The Dominican Republic is well known worldwide for the kindness and sympathy of its people, and our employees are not the exception. Regarding the language barrier, most of our employees on the front line of service speak English, and those who doesn’t, try very hard to understand and please all of our guests.
Your comments are really important for us, and give us the opportunity to improve constantly.

Kind regards,

Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Now Garden Punta Cana
Iberostar Dominicana Hotel

Been to Be Live Collection Punta Cana? Share your experiences!