“Was Amazing”

Ranked #66 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic
“Was Amazing”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This Hotel is amazing... the service, the rooms, the food, the drinks are the most perfect combination in one place. I cannot wait to come back.

The vip building rocks!!!!! I love the beach near to the rooms and the hospitality of the employees was very good.

Room Tip: Thne #7 building
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Luis A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,323)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Petionville, Haiti
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My family and I, we stayed at the Be Live Grand Punta Cana the last week of August. Check-in was very smooth: approximately 10-15 minutes (Usually, on Mondays, there aren’t lots of people checking in or out). We were pleased that people at front desk (Hector?) spoke French (our native language).
Six weeks before our arrival, I had emailed the hotel and requested in building 11 (based on recommendations of fellow Trip Advisor users). They replied that my request was put in their system. But when I got there they gave a room in building 3 saying that my reservation did not qualify for building 11. Why didn’t they say so when I emailed them? First hour at the resort, first disappointment. Anyway, the room was clean, nice, overlooking a quiet pool.
There are 5 restaurants : Japanese, American, Italian, Brazilian, Mexican… Reservations are required or you’ll have to go to the buffet. You can go to the restaurant only 3 times no matter the length of your stay. When we went to make our reservation, we were told that the Japanese restaurant was not open that night. However, later in the evening, we saw that the Japanese was indeed open  Food is good at the American and Brazilian restaurant, average at the buffet and the Italian Restaurant. Just look at the picture of the so-called Italian restaurant. We could not believe our eyes. A picture is worth a thousand word  They use the same local for the Italian and Mexican Restaurant. They just put the Italian or Mexican flag. Food at the buffet is just ok. But I don’t understand some reviews saying that the choice is limited : everyday, you have beef, chicken, goat, pork, seafood, pasta, potato, plaintain, bread, rice, lettuce, tomato. carrot and so on… What else could they have given us…
Staff usually very polite but lack professionalism. Like many other people, I felt harassed with employees trying (even begging you shamelessly) to sell you membership. NO means NO in Spanish, English, French… Telephone in our room did not work. I had to walk all the lobby 3 times (yes 3 times) to have it repaired. Tuesday night, there was no water in the hotel so no one could take a shower!!! (True. I’m not kidding.) So I asked the lady at the customer service to call the restaurant to say that we were going to be late because of the water problem. She replied ‘Just tell them so when you get there’!!!! The so called entertainers (Banana, Mini Me…) who are supposed to lead activities like aerobics, merengue classes are nice people. But they are trying too much to be funny (and they are not). In the end, they spend more than half the time trying to make people laugh (and not succeeding) rather than doing the activities.
The shows : Wednesday night, we had a spectacular show called the “Taino Show”. It was really the best thing we had during our stay. On Thursday night, they had the ‘Estrella (Star) Show’ which was ok. But on Monday and Tuesday, it was really mediocre, vulgar, trivial, disgusting… I could not believe that people could do such things on the show and think it is funny. We spoke to many other guests who felt the same way and we considered not going to the theater anymore… There were 5 dancers (may I call them dancers?) who have been doing the same simple routine for 6 months on Danza Kuduro and they still were not moving in sync.
The premises : The hotel is not the Waldorf Astoria but it’s nice and the rooms are clean. There is a pretty large main pool around a swin-in bar. There are also numerous other quieter pools between the buildings. There are also areas where you can play beach volley, beach soccer…. The beach in itself is rather disappointing. Although you have nice off white sand and turquoise water, there is so much seaweed that we spent less than ten minutes in the sea during our stay there. I understand that the hotel doesn’t produce the seaweed but in if you are in the beach front hotel business, you should do way more so that the beach (and sea nearby) is clean and that your customers should enjoy it
Overall, our stay was not bad but I would not really recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank juliohlarosiliere
Dirección Be Li... G, Manager at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Juliohlarosiliere,

First of all, thank you for your detailed review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We apologize for the fact that in certain areas we were not able to meet your expectations. We have taken notes of the specific areas where you felt we should improve, and will take actions to correct them.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, so you can see our improvements.

Kind regards,

Víctor Pollantis
DR
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Loved the hotel. I was in the first week of September with some friends and had a great time. The rooms are very comfortable, the hospitality was very good, the French restaurant is exquisite. I want to come back for my next vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Priscyla1310
Madrid, España
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed there only for one night and it was good for that.. I wouldnt have liked staying longer there. Why?
Good things: lots of swimming pools everywhere (and one of them was long and nice to swim at night), big room (junior suite) with two big beds and the best sheets ever (good job making beds!), food ok, nothing wonderful, noghing bad. Good price (55€ per night all inclusive) and easy to find (there is a bus that stops right in front)
Bad things: big complex and no very well connection. My key didnt open at any time and I had to go from one reception to another one to get the problem fixed. Impossible! last time i went in the room, it took me over 40 min to open the door even though I had asked for help at the second reception. In total, in less than 24 hours, I spent more than 2 hours trying to open the door, and it was good that I didnt want to go in and out too many times... Awful service. Bathroom is big but only if you are ok with the person u are going with because there is no door for the bathtub or shower! The beach was not nice, not very clean and full of boats everwhere, u could feel dirt in the water due to the gas from those boats. It is far from everything.
If u are travelling alone, be prepared to have lots of people (staff) staring at you like if you were a marcian (i felt like saying :"im here waiting for somebody, just a day, dont think Im looking for a husband or Im needed..."), not very polite...

I only would go back if I cant find something else or if Im there just for one night, but wouldnt like spending my holidays there at all,mand I have been in Punta Cana several times...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Willafog
Dear Willa97,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your short stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. We appreciate your constructive comments and take them as an opportunity to improve the service. I strongly think that the fact that you we’re here for only one night didn’t give us the opportunity to change the perspective you have from us.

We look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Victor Pollantis
Toronto
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here from Sept 3rd - Sept 10th and I had a fantastic trip. I dont know why there are negative comments, I guess everyone is different. I will recommand this resort to my family and friends. I got treated well, food was good and staff was helpful. Only negative was when I checked in I had to wait over 4 hrs to get my room, however I did get upgraded and I loved my suite! Entertainment was great and fun.Best trip ever, the week flew by :(

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Stephanie A
London England
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here 27th August - 10th September, the comples is large with a number of restaurants including American, Brazillian, Italian, Mexican, Japanese, Gourmet and the Buffet.

The staff in all restaurants are excellent, happy and very polite we learnt 'un poco' amount of spanish and this helped, other reviews have stated that they don't speak english, but the majority do and very well too. Get to know your waiters they are not all after a tip just to serve you, if you are rude then what do you expect!!

The grounds are lovely the beach cleaned of seaweed on a daily basis and more that once a day if required.

We were privileged to be in block 7 and had VIP access to the private beach and VIP bar and lounge, staff were always polite and very helpful. We did have a couple of issues however they were dealt with in a professional manor and fully resolved whilst we were there.

The Japanese restaurant was our favourite really good experience, all eateries were good, service, portions and quality of food.

The construction on 3 blocks is due to be completed in readiness for Christmas and we are looking forward to visiting again next year to see the difference, I persoanlly think this hotel will be one of the best in this area once the refurbishment is complete.

We have visited the DOmincan Repbulic on 10 occasions and this was our first trip to the Punta Cana area, as we have always stayed in Be Live Grand Marien at Puerto Plata, we couldn't help but compare, it is a large complex which we were not used to but a very nice complex with plenty to do on an evening prior to and after dinner.

See you all next year

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Worxelminxy
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

This resort I stayed in from September 7-12 , I had a wonderful time. I saw the reveiws and thought wow these people have to be really picky after staying here. Salvador checked me in with no problems, it does help to speak a little Spanish , I'm Dominican American but they speak English first out of courtesy . The resteruants you have to reserve a spot but once you do it's a great experience. I loved the Japanese, Dominican Gormet, Itallian, and Brazillian food and restruants. The beach was lovely there was a little seaweed from issaac which is not the resorts fault but they cleared it daily and you can walk down the beach for clearer water to swim in which is actually fun. There is a mix of guests from all over the world, and activities for adults at night was a wonderful surprise, the pools were all clean and the excursions on the beach and to the Island of Saona and the dolphin trip were a pleasure. The room was great , a jacuzzi , a shower, and a bowl sink which looked very modern. the sheets in the bed were comfortable and I spelt like a rock every night while I dozed off watching satellite tv from channels in english and Spanish. I also loved the fact the minibar was free, and had stocked beer , soda, and juice. I had a couple of Mosquitos in the room but I'm from the south of the USA and Mosquitos sneak in anywhere and I worse some repellant and they didn't like the way I tasteted anyway (it's the Caribbean bring sunscreens and mosquito repellant duh) . The service was great I'm disabled and the service carried my bags, brought me plates and mixed drinks 24/7 with a smile and most people there were bilingual. It was also easy to catch a guagua or bus and see Bavaro, and Higuëy nearby right in front fo the resort. There is also a local neighborhood behind the resort and most locals are friendly and giving from the heart. So if you want a nice weekend with all drinks , meals and a beutiful beach at a resort pick this one, but if your a picky person about small things pay five hundred dollars more and stay somewhere else. I enjoyed myself and would definently go again and again, and a wonderful thanks to Yolanda for cleaning my room and taking extra care of me due to my disability I will never for get you.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank JessyT1
Dirección Be Li... G, Manager at Be Live Collection Punta Cana, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear JewssyT1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Be Live Grand Punta Cana. Thank you as well for the kindness of naming the employees that made your stay more enjoyable, we are going to make sure to share your comments with them.

We look forward to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 111 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana

Been to Be Live Collection Punta Cana? Share your experiences!