For us Catalonia it is a special place.It very much depends on what expectations we have from a holiday.We fall in love with Dominican Republic in 2001 and keep going back since.We particularly love the locals genuine,friendly and their late back attitude.Over the years we tried different hotels in Dominican Republic,North Puerto Plata resorts,South La Romana,tried different countries too, however for us Catalonia it is the winner,after each visit here it gives us that home welcomimg feeling wanting to go back.The grounds are just beautiful:peaceful gardens and lakes and then the beach with white sand,palm trees and clear blue sea. Our first visit here I believe it was in 2003 and since then we went back few times last one in 2010 .It is great to see how the rest of the world does not affect Catalonia,in one way has not changed yet the facilities and customer service had improved a lot. We would like to take this opportunity and congratulate their efforts in offering us a great time.
This year we were booked within The Priveleged Section by the hotel as gratitude for returning customers. We booked a Superior Junior Suite with Thompson in UK however,I have emailed the hotel asking for a quiet,high floor room.On arrival we had a pleasant surprise to be upgraded.We stayed in room 321,which was quiet and very well maintained daily house keeping,mini fridge top up,fresh towells,etc.and no technical problems.The room was great one thing to be considered maybe the garden maintanance could be done after 9 o'clock and not at 7 or 7.30 in the morning.The noise from garden machinery was too loud some mornings.
It was so good to see how the food standards have improved over the years,excellent lunch and dinner choices(we do not take b'fast).Well done to Johnatan executive chef and the rest of staff for the sevice provided specially Ecstor in Mexican and Steak House restaurant and Pedro in Italian restaurant.
I apreciate that sometimes things could go wrong, but if we ask they will do their best to rectify it and make our stay memorable.We had an amazing time,you can do as much as you want or nothing at all just relax,however the options are there.My husband enjoyed his rounds of golf on the 9 hole golf course.We are already considering to go back next year,until then thank you to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel