We stayed here from the 26th November to the 10th December.
When you first arrive to this hotel it has the wow factor straight away. There is a beautiful lobby with water fountain plenty of seats and straight away you feel relaxed! Check in was fine for us. Quick and simple and straight to our room.
We stayed in room 3011 which was not even a 2 minute walk from check in.
The room was lovely. It was kept clean by our maid Wanda who I cannot praise enough. She was always smiling and saying hello to us. Her towel designs were beautiful and everyone was different. Our last 3 days Wanda didn't clean our room and we noticed the difference. Our minibar was not restocked, no towel designs, no toilet paper left. I wanted to see Wanda before we left to thank her and unfortunately couldn't do this :(
Food was good. Enough variety every night. We enjoyed the pool restaurant for pizza burgers etc during the day. The main Buffett restaurant was disappointing at times. We went up for dessert and left our drinks at the table, when we came back our table was clear with new people sat there. ALWAYS take an bag to leave at the table!! Service was good but sometimes we didn't have a drink with our meal even though we waited or ordered them. I think to improve this buffet restaurant have dedicated staff to tables or allocate rooms times to eat at restaurants.
We tried 2 out of 4 of the al a cartes. The rodeo was amazing I can not fault any of this definetly try this one. The Italian was ok but again the service poor our mains came out while we were still eating our starters!
Pool and beach were amazing and always enough sunbeds. It is is shame that people leave their towels on sunbeds and never use them. We noticed they would take up the shade or umbrellas and never come down to them.
Bars - there are plenty of bars to drink at. Our favourite was next to the Japanese restaurant by the water. Service was unbelievable and I can't praise the two staff working there! Try the lemon drop martini that was my favourite!!
Entertainment - this was hit and miss! We loved the Michael Jackson show, broadway show and circus show all the others were ok. The entertainment team work hard but if u don't want to take part you don't feel pressured to do so :)
Overall - we would come back here it was an amazing hotel and the staff always so polite. Beautiful grounds and we enjoyed ourselves very much. Thank you to all the staff!!
BE AWARE - we both got sick during different times of our stay. I got sick from eating the butter, it is left out all day and by the evening is runny and warm when I stopped eating this I was fine. My husband had the chilli con carne and was quite ill for 2 days after and didn't eat it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel