We went to DR in June 2013.
We stayed in Catalonia Bavaro resort. The place was ok.
Breakfast was very good. Eggs, waffles, pancakes...very good variety.
Lunch and dinner were ok. Not too much to brag about.
The restaurants were just a waste of time.
Stay with a buffet.
You must go for some crepes coffee. This little place is located in the "shopping center". Awesome.
Pool was fine and clean. The beach was very good.
The bars were good but ask your bartender to pour extra shot to your drink! I am not a big drinker and still didn't taste much alcohol in the drinks.
The shows at night were very funny.
Overall not too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel