Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort
  • Restaurant
Hotel Naragua(Punta Cana)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Be Live Collection Punta Cana(Punta Cana)
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)
  • Pool
11,406 results
All reviewsprivileged sectionyucahammock on the balconymain buffetrodeo steakhousea la carte restaurantspool barjapanese restaurantroyal sidepalm treesanimation teamdominican republichot dogsnachosjunior suitegrounds are beautifullot of seaweed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed 6 days, 5 nights at the end of May with 2 friends of mine (all of us in our late 20's and single). We had an incredible time and can not stop talking about our trip! The resort is breathtaking! The lobby area and landscape throughout the resort was beautiful. The resort is huge so you will definately get a workout walking around. Our room was only a few feet away from the pool and extremely close to the beach! The lobby, restaurants, main bar, and disco were located on the complete opposite side of the resort but the walk really isnt that bad, With the ponds, palm trees, and landscape all around you the walk is very enjoyable.

The beach area was where we spent most of our time. There was always a lounge chair available. It was extremely clean, spacious, and gorgeous! The pool was also very clean and enjoyable. There was a pool bar and swim up bar, along with a bar located on the beach. Make sure you ask for a shot of rum in your frozen drink because they are liquor free to begin with. Drinks where great and so was the service. Very quick and never a wait for a drink.

The best part of the resort for me was the abduance of activities on the resort. Each day there is beach stretching/yoga, beach aerobics, pool aerobics, bacheta lessons, painting, volley pool, darts, and various other activites. So there is always something to do! Aerobics with Chocolate' or Emmaunel was always a lot of fun! Take advantage!

We also took advantage of the free kayaking. They let you go out for up to 2 hours. We also did the glass bottom boat snorkeling tour which takes off right from the resort. It's $40 and so worth it! You pass a dolphin reserve, snorkel in a spot where you see a million fish, get taken to an area to swim, as well as given unlimited rum and cokes, chips for snack, and even get a chance to purchase a coconut for $1 (they make you an awesome coco loco).

Besides our excursion with Outback Safari, we pretty much stayed at the resort our entire trip and never got bored. One night we went to Imagine nightclub, however the Disco in the hotel is plenty of fun. Every night after 11:30 it is the perfect place to dance and drink until you head to bed. They also have shows every night around 10 and a few nights a week there is karaoke as well!

The resort staff was another highlight.Everyone was beyond friendly! I felt like i was in Disney World. We made a lot of friends throughout the trip. You end up seeing the same workers every day so they definately grow on you. Being a single lady, they will give you a lot of attention so be warned! But its all in good fun, they are very nice and accomodating.

When it comes to the food, i wasn't very impressed. There was a buffet for breakfast and lunch. Decent selection but you get sick of it pretty quickly. For dinner you can either dine in the buffet or at one of the 4 speciality restaurants. The Italian and steakhouse was great! The mexican was o.k. and the japanese we never got to try because they were booked up. You dont really have to reserve but with the japanese I would def do so. We never got to try real dominican food but I guess thats what you get with an all inclusive resort. Food was nothing to rave about but I never went hungry. One positive was with the speciality restuarants was that you can order anything you want! You can get an appetizer, salad or soup, entree, and dessert. In one restauarant i couldnt decide what to get and they allowed me to order 2 entrees! So take advantage!

Rooms were pretty spacious and kept very clean. THe balcony with the hammock was awesome and so was the bath tub. However, the shower is extremely small and the pillows quite lumpy. Also, the keys deactived often which was a pain because we would have to walk all the way to the lobby to get it fixed. So keep far away from electronics!

Couple other negatives: being harassed by the excersion staff (i know its their job but after awhile it gets very annoying), lack of bottled water (they give you like 3 in the room but rarely ever restock and the bars do not carry bottles), front desk staff was great BUT we had to wait 2 hours for our room to be ready. We got there 3pm (check in time) and was not given our room till 5pm. Luckily tho, we were able to get a late check out. All three of us had stomach issues, whether from the food or water so be careful. Some of the food at the buffet was questionable so make sure you look at what your taking. I also developed a rash from the sun so apply sunscreen and do so often!

Other than those view minor complaints, Catalonia is an incredible place to stay. Beautiful, fun, and clean! You will not regret it!!!

Room Tip: The resort is huge so if you prefer to be closer to the main lobby, casino, nightclub, shops, and restaurants request a room close by, Otherwise, request a room closer to the beach and pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank trixiestar84
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here May 26th thru June 1st and overall I was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms was nice and spacious. The only thing I didn't like about the rooms was the shower. It was small but I could deal with it for a week. Our air conditioning quit working a time or two but it always seem to come back on. Overall the room was great, they always cleaned our room except for one day. But I don't think it was their fault. We had put the sign up to clean and someone switched around. My husband when back to the room and seen it was switched and switched it around and someone switched it around again to not disturb. So I can't blame the housekeeping for that one someone was just being a jerk. The beach and pool were great. The beach was one of my favorite beaches so far. They were out their cleaning the seaweed, which was nice because of lot of places I've been haven't done this.
The restaurants were ok. I didn't like the fact that you had to wait to 6:30 to eat, which wasn't a big deal allowed more time at the beach and pool. The Italian was very good, probably my favorite. The Mexican didn't care to much for kind of bland. The Steak house was good too. Never got to eat Japanese, it was a long wait and didn't want to wait. Would be best to get there right when they open to get a table. But overall this was a great resort for the price. The staff was always friendly and nice and always helped when asked.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

All four of us had a great time,food good plenty of variety, great cocktails we tried lots of them. Beach and pool fantastic,staff very helpful and freindly.
Nice big rooms with a great bath.
9 hole golf course very good 3 of us played and really enjoyed it.

The whole hotel is well kept the garden are really lovely just to stroll a round.

We are looking to be back next year.

Room Tip: We had 2 room 2827 & 2828 good place to be only one problem please sort out your pillows that why I have only given 4 stars otherwise excellent
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bluepetal22
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The resort was very beautiful, clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and helpful. Pools and beach were top notch. The food was plentiful and there was a good variety.

My only complaints relate to the rooms. We upgraded to privelaged which I would recommend and were in junior suites right near the beach and pool (this was great). The rooms fell short of expectations based on a lack of attention to details. We had two rooms and upon arrival my room key didn't function. Both rooms were missing roomservice menus. One room was missing the clock radio. One rooms phone didn't work and a bathroom ceiling leaked. Half way through my stay my hammock disapeared never to return.

Overall I stand behind my four star rating because all of the great aspects outweighted the bothersome bits. If you don't get overly hung up on a room you'll barely spend time in then you cant go wrong with this resort!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Erik M
Reviewed May 29, 2013

First, let's start with the rooms;
The beds were very comfortable! The bathroom was alright, the bath was a little bit used, and maybe even old but alright. The shower was pretty clean and big enough. Our maid did a great job everyday!

Next, the food!
The food was great. The main buffet was good. Lots of variety! And the other restaurents were good to. Esecpially the Steak House & the Mexican!

Now, the beach & pool!
The beach was amazing! Pretty clean. Plently of chairs and enough shadow. The pool was very nice. Always clean & very big! The bar at the pool was not to far from the beach. Very good service! Very friendly staff!

Up next, animation team!
First, every night there was a show. Every single show was good! During the day the activities were also very amusing and fun. The Animation team was very friendly! I went to many other resorts before but never, animation team was that good! I passed an amazing week with friends that I made while I was there. Big Moma, La Flecha, Spagetthi, Condorico; they're all amazing! We passed some unforgertable moments with them all week long. I can't wait to go back in Punta Cana to see them again!

Our week was amazing. The days passed by way to fast! We had a blast! The temperture was perfect all week long. I would absolutly reccomend this resort. It's a perfect resort to go with kids also.

Hope you found my review helpfull! :)

• Stayed: March 2013