Stayed march 24-31. I was really worried after we had already booked and read some the of reviews, I think if you don`t love this resort and have a good time you probably have expectations that are way too high and a $1000 trip isn't going to cover your expectations. Right away we met a few people that we hung out with most of the trip and it was a amazing time.
Grounds- Are beautiful. Gorgeous scenery and I give it a 5 star.
Staff- Was excellent. No complaints, all very friendly and do their best to keep you happy. Watch our for the vendors that try to sell you jewelry worth $5 and try to charge you $250! They give you a free gift and then try to force you to buy their stuff, and get very offensive when you say no after they give you a ridiculous price....they tell you the jewelry is real and is it NOT.
Food- I loved the buffett by the lobby, they make the food fresh infront of you with your choice of what goes in it. Fav was the pasta.
The buffett by the pool is not so great.
Al el carts- Japanese is by far the best, we went twice. go at 6:30 or you will wait 2 hours.
Rooms- yes a little out dated. We gave our maid a tip everyday and our room was kept clean and stocked daily. They only provide you with 2 beers a day, but if you call they give you more.
The only complaint I have, if you don't upgrade to privilege, you don`t get a alarm clock. We didn't bring any electronics so we always had to call to get the time. I didn't know that knowing the time was a privileged thing. We asked for one and they said no. Showers are tiny, I weigh 110 and every time I turned my butt turned off the water. Not sure how larger people shower..
And as far as pillows, I didn't bother to bring my own even after reading the reviews, they were fine to me, but I usually had quite a few drinks into me by bed time.
Entertainment- Was great, Defiantly go to the beach party Tuesday night, I think that was our funnest night.
Excursions- We did 3. The night club Imagine. It was good, we were a little skeptical of going. It is suppose to be all people form resorts but obviously some locals go to and one tried to follow me into the bathroom. Sketchy. Was still pretty cool though if you like to party. We did the Caribbean festival and it was so much fun! Swam with sharks and stingrays, and drank on a pirate boat , also with a bit of snorkeling.
We also did the doom buggies- This was fun but bring your own bandana if you do this. They charge you $5 and don't tell you that you need one!
I also suggest bringing some things from the dollar store for the kids. You go through the village on this excursion and the kids wait for you to give them high five, they live in tiny huts and don`t have much. We brought some games and candy.
Beach was gorgeous, pool was gorgeous.
Bars- If you like to drink late the snack bar always has beer available. everyone went there that was still up at 5, 6 in the morning. Always pizza and fries available too. The lobby bar was probably the best! The lobby got very busy every night around 9, it was always a good time with entertainment right out side and in the lobby.
Bring your own cooler cup for day time drinking, less refills and keeps your drink colder.
Over all I loved this resort and was one of the best weeks of my life, would defiantly recommend for anyone. If you are looking to relax, or looking to party or just have fun with your family, this resort has everything.
Oh and also, as far as some people saying about the bugs, I didn't have a single bug in my room or anyone that we had met and were hanging out with. And if I did see a bug I would defiantly not blame the resort. That kind of stuff happens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel