Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort
$335
$261
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$234
$128
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$218
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$270
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$292
$194
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$508
11,534 results
All reviewsprivileged sectionyucahammock on the balconymain buffetrodeo steakhousea la carte restaurantspool barjapanese restaurantroyal sidepalm treesanimation teamdominican republichot dogsnachosjunior suitegrounds are beautifullot of seaweed
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We just got back from Catalonia Bavaro and had a great vacation. We loved this resort, what's not to love. I have nothing negative to comment on. Rooms were clean, great pool, bars and restaurant. The grounds are just beautiful. People are friendly and service was excellent. I can't really comment on the beach as we are not beach people but what I saw it looked lovely.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 22 which is close to pool and ocean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a great time here and the service was impeccable. Beautiful beach, very clean resort and extremely friendly staff. I would like to give a big shout out to one of our nightly wait staff Sarah Gumbs, you are awesome!!!! She definitely made our trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were in vacation here from March 14 to 21 and we enjoyed the time spent here. I spent some time till we decided to go ahead with this resort and I have no regrets.

We arrived around 11:30 am and at the lobby there are signs telling the check in will start at 3:00 pm, so we went to the bar to cool down a bit and after to see the grounds; We also had the lunch and around around 1:45 I tried again the Reception and Bingo I got the keys, for the location asked Unit 22 (which is close to the pool but not quite beside of it);
The hotel is rated at 4.5 *(they show 5* when you enter the resort), however the room was OK, clean(but dated in some areas - did not bothered us), definitely some upgrades would be helpful; We left the tip daily and we never had a problem with cleaning, towels or filling the fridge with refreshments.
I did not watch a lot the TV as we were out all the time, however there is no Canadian channels, or at least I couldn't find one?!

The entertainment at the pool and on the beach was OK, however the one for the theater was amateurish and can improve a lot. I hope they do.
Souvenirs are not cheap at all and everything is in US currency.

The beach is nice, however the one from Varadero was superior; The water had for days those long leafs from the seaweed(too close to the shore), but we had days when the water was almost clean and clear. Again Varadero, has better water than what I saw here and you cannot go far into the waters like in Cuba, because of the seaweed and you cannot say where the water goes deeper, but you may try,as plenty of people were out canoeing farther in the water...People were constantly cleaning the beach (from the seaweed) and the grounds of the resort were extremely cleaned and well preserved.
There are plenty of chairs near the pool or on the beach, however around 9:00 am, most of the best spots "are reserved" by some people that do not show up until 11:30 am...I was wondering how come they do not reserve the chairs to the restaurant table, to make sure they do not famish...
The food on the buffet was plenty and was repeating itself, however that is valid on all the resorts;for the restaurants you do not have to register, you just show up at the entrance and that was a huge improvement to the registering method from other trips; restaurants were OK, the one that I liked the most were the Mexican and the Japanese ones, even though opinions were different among us.

The staff at the bar near the Reception seemed to take their time till they give you some attention...Also in the mornings if you were too early, they were taking their time to set the tables to be ready to start welcoming the tourists, other than that everything was more than pleasant. The WiFi it seems to lag and sometimes unable to connect, being available only in the front area/reception;

Overall was a very good vacation, relaxing enjoying the nature and the friendly people.Good value for money spent and I will consider it again for a future visit to Punta Cana.

Room Tip: Ask for the units near the middle of the resort, units 22, 23, etc., have a look at the resort map.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SRA69
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very nice beach and grounds! Food was very good, just got back from Cuba in February and went to Punta Cana in March, so food was very good in comparison to Cuba. Lots of choice. Rooms very clean, we stayed in Privileged section. Maid service and bar service no complaints, lots of facecloth and towels. Need to invest $$$ into pillows. Bed a little too firm. Excellent service from waiters and waitresses. Very nice large pool. All in all a nice experience. Miguel from Preferred Guest Service provided excellent service. Casino very small, did not spend much time in it. Golf course is very nice.. Would consider this a low 4 star, simply because of pillows, bedding and older furniture and color decor. Not a new resort, at least 10 years old or more. A la carte Restaurant were very good, Rodeo , Japanese and Italian were excellent. Lobster was overcooked.

Room Tip: Building 1-6, close to beach, pool and preferred rooms- a little more expansive but work the $$
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank iliketotravel63
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just returned from Catalonia Beach, on March 27. Had been there 12 years ago and decided to return again based on price. Weather was awesome, hot and sunny for the whole 7 days. Never had a problem getting a chair by the pool the whole week. Bar tenders at pool were always smiling and very fair when trying to get drinks to everyone milling around. Beach was great, a little seaweed but it didn't bother me at all. Food in buffet was a little repetitious by the end of the week, but that is a problem for all buffets everywhere. Steak house was awesome, my husband had the Texas steak and said it was very good., I had the Angus burger and it was terrific. Mexican restaurant was good also. Really like the fact that you don't have to stand in line to make reservations for ala cartes, just show up. Found this exceptionally appealing because you just have dinner where the mood strikes. Italian night in the buffet was great also. Room was always cleaned (except the day I forgot to take the Do Not Disturb) sign off the door, but appreciated that as well. Always water, beer and soda in the fridge. Tipped the maid everyday, but not sure that made a difference. Rooms need some upgrading of décor, was the same as 12 years ago, but comfy bed. Pillows are a little lumpy so take your own, which I did after reading some reviews. Found the staff English to be very good. Had been at another larger resort in Punta Cana in January and found the English not as good. Arrived around lunch, ate, changed and went to the pool till check-in at 3, recommend you don't waste time hanging around the lobby waiting to check-in, enjoy every minute you have. Would not hesitate to return to Catalonia in the future. Good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple