This was my first time in punta cana, and overall I very much enjoyed this resort. I will break the hotel down into the following categories.....
Food: Great, Many options, buffet always had lots to choose from, the 4 la carte restaurants were also very nice. I was amazed by the Japanese restaurant, truly amazing food cooked right in front of you as a large group around a live chef table.
Grounds: Very well laid out, everything is within walking distance. There were a couple of stray dogs around this resort, which was nice, they didn't bother anyone and loved to be pet.
Entertainment: There were live performances every night at the hotel. They interacted with the audience in an amazing manner, got everyone participating and giving everyone some laughs.Great shows and talent here. Also, the lobby bar was very active most nights, complete with what i call a "party starter" named Maria, who came around with a cart of various liquors giving people shots to get the night going.
Service: Great friendly staff here, always willing to help. Our mini fridge in the room was stocked well daily.
Excursions: We booked all of our excursions through the resort. This was handled very well, buses picked us up on time and arrived back on time also. I highly recommend the excursion on the large 2 level party boat, that takes you out for snorkeling in the coral reef, as well as swimming with nurse sharks and sting rays. The zip line excursion was also a great experience.
Cons: Only complaint I have is sometimes it is difficult to get a chair by the pool. Tip: Save a chair early in the A.M with a Book or towel.
Overall I would say this is a great resort for your money, and the perfect size in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Prestigia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel