So, when I was planning my wedding, I knew that I wanted to do a destination wedding and combine the time with our honeymoon. When this hotel came up with our travel agent, we thought it would be a good fit for us and our guests based on the location and cost. We read through literally hundreds of reviews and realized that sometimes, you get what you give. Once I saw the reviews that focused on the positives of the resort, I knew that this might not be a five star hotel, but the food would be good, the people were friendly and the beach would be amazing.
Working with the Wedding Co-Ordinators, Rosa Rodriguez and Minerva was a great experience. She assisted with our stay and our 40 guests and was even able to remember most of their names which was an added touch. She was able to put together all the information we provided and turn it into a plan. Once we arrived, the staff was extremely friendly and we were well taken care of with an immediate upgrade to the Priveleged Suite. Our room was literally steps to the beach and woke up to the view of the beach every morning and a beautiful sunset every evening.
Some of the pros and cons were that the resort is so big that if you are located near the beach it is a good walk to the main dining hall. However, this is a benefit because you don't have to feel guilty about all the delicious food that you eat (or over eat) for each meal. Also, the rooms could do with a little updating but nothing that was a trip spoiler, truth be told, we were hardly in our rooms anyway.
Once we picked the actual location for the ceremony I felt even more at ease because it was perfect, private and shaded. The cocktail hour was fun and the reception hall was decorated perfectly. The food was delicious and the open bar was absolutely fantastic. Rosa added so many different touches that made the experience delightful. Small deserts were on the guest book table, the lighting in the hall, we also added a lesson of Meringue to the reception which was so much fun. The package also included a romantic dinner which was one of my favorite moments. We had a romantic four course dinner on the beach at night. The weather was perfect and Wander Porquin was our server. The dinner was the day after the wedding which was perfect to unwind with my new husband and go over the highlights of the day before.
Although all the staff was amazing, friendly and hospitable, Rosa, Minerva and Wander were the most memorable and we will never forget them or the experience and memory that they gave us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A magnificent hotel resort with exclusive, white sandy beaches, crystalline Caribbean waters, palm trees lining the coast and abundant vegetation throughout the complex. Coral reefs along the beach allow guests to enjoy the rich marine life of the Caribbean Sea. It is located in Playa Cabeza de Toro (Punta Cana), one of the best beach areas in the Dominican Republic. The complex is situated 20 km from the International Airport of Punta Cana and 47 km from Higuey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Catalonia Bavaro Beach, Casino & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Catalonia Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Golf & Casino Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Catalonia Bavaro
- Catalonia Bavaro Beach Resort
- Catalonia Bavaro Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Hotel Punta Cana
- Catalonia Resort Punta Cana
- Catalonia Bavaro Hotel