“HORRIBLE!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and up
Monkey Land Half Day Safari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We make your travel experiences in the Dominican Republic special, offering unique excursions, airport transfers, 24-hour customer service and Call-Center, VIP services, and much more. Who we are? Blue is a Destination Management Company, with a vast experience in the Dominican Republic and a dynamic team of qualified professionals. These experienced professionals, are committed to service, focused on enhancing clients satisfaction and with endless dedication, have managed to pass on the same spirit to all and each one of Blue's collaborators. With a very solid and agile structure that is strategically divided in different lines of business, Blue quickly and easily adapts to any market change and to our clients' individual needs. Blue is an independent and autonomous company, under the umbrella of one of the biggest tourism groups worldwide, TUI Group. What we offer! * Incoming Services: Excursions, transfers, hotel contracting, assistance, etc. for charter operations, FIT clients, groups & conventions, etc. * BlueAssistance: 24 hour personalized Call Center. * BlueFleet: Own exclusive fleet of vehicles for sole use or for sub-rent, equipped with GPS * BluePremium: Personalized deluxe services (helicopters, limousines, concierge service, bodyguards, cell phone, laptop, tablet rentals, etc.) * BlueOne: Online Reservation System for B2B clients * BlueExtras: White-label system for incoming services available for B2B clients and tour-desk concessions in hotels * BlueCruises: Receptive services for cruise line passengers * BlueMICE: Organization, assistance and coordination of groups and conventions.
New York City, New York
“HORRIBLE!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

PLEASE AVOID BOOKING YOUR SHUTTLE BUS TRANSPORTATION WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE UNRELIABLE AND UNPROFESSIONAL.

I purchased a round-trip shuttle bus ticket for 2 ppl from Punta Cana airport to the Dreams Hotel. We had no problem commuting from the airport to our hotel on our arrival July 18th,
however we did not have the same experience on our return to the airport on, July 24th. Due to overbooking, our hotel offered us an amazing package to transfer to the Breathless hotel the following day, which we gladly accepted. (It’s a new sister hotel of Dreams, adults only which I highly recommend) I called Blue Travel and spoke with Carlos to inform him that we moved hotels and needed to be picked up at our new location on our checkout date. Carlos noted the change and confirmed our pickup.

I’m sure you can guess what happened …. They NEVER showed up. I checked out early and was waiting in the lobby for over 20 minutes. When I finally called Blue Travel they mentioned that they went to pick me up at the Dreams hotel. Once I mentioned that I had changed hotels and received confirmation that I would be picked up at Breathless, the employee changed the story and mentioned that they did go to Breathless and left since I was not there. Really? What a lie, I was there way before my pickup time!! Joel the main bell hopper at Breathless mentioned that they check in all cars/buses that come to the hotel and no one from Blue Travel came.

What is frustrating is that 1. I was charged for calling blue travel the day before my departure to confirm that my pickup was scheduled which I did not mind since I wanted to make sure I was getting picked up - that was for nothing. 2. The employee on the phone offers me no alternative and tells me to figure out my transportation since "I didn't show up" - VERY UNPROFESSIONAL 3. I had to pay a $70 cab ride from the hotel to the airport when I WAS AT THE LOBBY EARLY!!

Their service was EXTREMELY unprofessional and this is coming from someone who works in the hospitality field. I have contacted Expedia and Blue Travel numerous times asking for a refund on the pickup shuttle that never came and reimbursement on my cab ride and have yet to hear a response.

Save your money and book elsewhere with a more reliable company who cares about their guests.

Visited July 2014
BlueAssistance, Public Relations Manager at Blue Travel Partner Services, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your recent trip to the Dominican Republic.

At Blue we take customer service very seriously and constantly strive to meet our customers' expectations. Your feedback is very valuable to us, in order to evaluate how we are performing and to continuously improve our services. Unfortunately, in this occasion we were not able to meet your expectations and are really sorry for that.

In order to thoroughly investigate your case and provide you a more personalized response with possible solutions, we would need additional information, such as your complete name, travel dates, hotel and tour operator. Please contact us with this info at our customer service BlueAssistance: quickanswer@bluetps.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

We deeply value your feedback and are committed to providing the highest level of service, simply because we feel our customers deserve the best.

Waxahachie, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If you a are looking for pirates in the carribean- this is what you'll get- THEIF!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

So we ventured to Isla Siona after hearing many wonderful things through our hotel (which we should have never trusted in the first place). First- we get picked up and bussed to another area to a larger charter bus- ok. Next we go on an 1hr 15 min bus ride to the port where we pick up the catamaran -still ok, we took advantaged of having a nap since it was so early in the morning. THEN we get to the destination where we are to load on a catamaran. From here we are packed onto a smaller boat to take us out to he bigger boat- still ok. We get on this catamaran that they say will be full of live music, some drinks: alcoholic and non, and a good time for the 2 hour ride to the island. (ha). So about 5 minutes into getting settled onto this boat that is already full- another group of tourist joins us- so we are like sardines. Anyway- as we get on our way and we ask for a drink- its hot, no ice, and the cups they give are the size of dixie cups (did i say it was HOT outside!?). The music plays for about 20 minutes and thats the end of that. HIghlight: about 1.5 hours into the trip we stop at a sand bar with star fish. We were able to pick them up and take pictures with them- that was probably one of the greater part of the ships. However, this is a warning for OTHERS: if you cant swim- dont attempt it. We had a handful of foreigners (not from US) drowning half way through the swim out there. IT wasnt a bad swim, the waves were a little tall- just dont be afraid to SAVE your life by wearing a life jacket, at least until you get to the sand part in the ocean. 15 min later we are at the island, hustled off with straight choas- the beach WAS nice. Super rocky, but the best carribean sea i had seen in the DR this far. after 2 hours, a pretty good buffet... we are hustled back on the boats again to take up back to catamaran- again, no order. For some reason our boats were over filled and it was TERRIBLE. The 2hr ride back was quiet, and hot. We got off the boat at the last port and had to pile into some small motor boat that was on the verge of tipping over everytime too much weight was leaned to one side. From there- we were just expected to walk and find who we remember was our tour guide- what a day. Id share the good & the bad pictures- however, his the GOLDEN star: My phone was stolen off the bus :). The last stop is at the "shops". I left my phone under some towels on the bus, as most people did with SOME items.... we come out about 20 min later and my phone is gone. I wont point fingers, but the driver said they "cant" review the camera on the bus and our guides name was something of the sorts of "Merley". It disgusts me to know i put my trust in a company that operates out of our hotel and they are low enough to STEAL from travelers. I am dumbfounded and shocked. AS im pleading with my guide, walking hands and knees through the floor of the bus, all i get is "what is your room number we will check later". Calling the cops in the DR is a waste of time. It's a shame that some people can still for their benefit of being unable to afford products or having the wait to sell someone elses property- THAT WAS ALL MY MEMORIES and this company makes me sick. I wished i would have read the reviews before. I plan to let this be known on however many webpages & with corporate.

IF you think you have a heart and you are willing to send my memory card at least: email KhristySmith5@Yahoo.com

I dont care what you do with the phone if that is what you are after. I work for my things and i will work hard to replace it- its my pictures that can not be replaced.

In a nut shell, to "Merley" and the entire company of "blu" travel- i will never trust you and i hope no one ever trust this company again. Men arent made to be thief's, and we trusted this company when we choose to take them up on their protection of a fun excursion- that was our biggest mistake.

1 Thank kuhristea
BlueAssistance, Public Relations Manager at Blue Travel Partner Services, responded to this review, July 15, 2014

York, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

Got us back and forth to the airport fine but when we wanted to book an excursion our representative was not around so we booked with someone else.

Rowlett
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“not professionals at all, just want your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We used them to go to Isla Siona. First, before we could get in the boat, they were having financial issues and the government almost shot them down. After they "fix" the problem, they took us to the island. They advertise all inclusive, but all we got was Sprite and Pepsi, so-so meal. Our guide counted the people in our bus and still left a couple at a stop. Poor service, they don't care about their customers or their needs.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank lreyna1081

North East, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“SUNDAY CATAMARAN RIDE TO SONOA ISLAND”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

First of all a HUGE shout-out to our tour guide Angel!! How he stayed on top of a bus load of tourists is beyond me!! He was very clear with directions as to where we needed to be ...He also gave us a ton of history and info about the Dominican republic as well as sonoa island. I do wish the tour desk had given out more info about what exactly the trip entailed..We did not bring money..at the end of the trip the last stop before heading the hotel is a great gift store.. Also it is very important to get a good night's sleep the night before along with a decent breakfast (we had neither!) ..this a 12 hour day and there is no sleeping on the catamaran as it is a party! the island is beautiful and we had a great BBQ lunch included with the tour cost...you also have to not be afraid of jumping in and out of boats..that are moving up and down..if you are physically challenged or big sized ( like me) I was very uncomfortable trying to get in and out of the water crafts...this info should all be provided at the tour desk BEFORE you hand over your money!

Visited May 2014