TripAdvisor

More Info
from $65.00
More Info
19,806 results
All reviews white sand can walk for miles lot of seaweed sea weed palm trees warm water dominican republic resort waves powder bavaro vendors ocean turquoise paradise caribbean vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2015

My family and I just returned from an 8 day trip to The Paradisus Punta Cana and had an outstanding stay. We were there for my daughters wedding and it could not have been better. So here is my review of both the resort and wedding . Just to be fair this is our third trip to DR but first to Paradisus Punta Cana.

So let's just start by saying the resort is immaculate and constantly manicured. We arrived and were swiftly taken to the Royal Service check in lounge were we greeted with cold rags that smelled wonderful and drinks. Elizabeth quickly got us to our rooms and gave us a quick tour of the Royal Service amenities.She had my daughter and fiancee stay behind to take them to their ocean front suite and give them some extra goodies.

The rooms were really great with awesome bathrooms with double showers. The wife and I had an ocean view room and our soon had a guardian view right next door. Each room came with a butler which ours was Omar and he was great. He took care of all of us and made all of our dinner reservations and even got us fans in our rooms. By far the best service of the three resorts have stayed at over the years.

I have to say the food here was excellent and by far the best of any resort we have ever been to anywhere in Caribbean or Mexico. Nice variety at buffets and specialty restaurants. The only issue is that some of the restaurants we really hot like the steakhouse and Mole to the point you could not really enjoy dinner. The Japanesse r restaurant was great and was air r conditioned. Food was really good and no one bad stomach issues.

Now the pools and beach are beautiful. The beach had some seaweed but was picked up daily. The most seaweed we had seen down there ever. They kept pools cleaned daily but we stayed at the Royal Service pool most days as there were no kids allowed there and. The bar staff was exceptional. We want to give a shout out to Rudolpho, Jose,Jesus,Santos and Pedro these guys were awesome and made it so much fun. Met some great people like Bob and Amy, Bob and Cheryl, Jack and Jacqui and Jacob and Bama cheerleader miss all of you already. The beds ,Pappas and chairs were plentiful with freakish towels at every turn it seemed. Drink service on beach was good also.

Now for the wedding. It was awesome and a big hand to Beatrice and Annabelle. These ladies are awesome and helped my daughter and New daughter in law to have a beautifully smooth ceremony. Decorated it perfectly and would recommend them to anyone.

What really makes this resort is the staff are ready and willing to go that extra mile from the grounds keeper to Mr Rodrigo Sylvera. A simple Hola and a smile goes a long way. As with most things you make the most of your vacation. I can definitely tell you we will be back here to have another great vacation.

Thaks so much to everyone at Paradisus Punta Canadian.
Phillip and Rachelle Pryor.

Reviewed June 20, 2015

Bavaro beach was very nice, although the last few days we were there we noticed there was a lot of sea weed on the beach but it could possibly just be the time of year and the tide. Overall it was beautiful!

Reviewed June 20, 2015

We were here 10 days. We spent our time on the beach planning to relax. We were harassed many times per day by the beach hustlers. "You wanna make parasail? Snorkel? Oh no, you wanta the speed boat... " etc. It will be a running joke in our household for years to come. While snorkeling the beautiful sea grass off of this beach (no coral reefs here) we saw a LOT of garbage as well as cool fish, an urchin, and an eel. When I was walking out of the surf one day I found A BARE HYPODERMIC NEEDLE still attached to a syringe about 3 feet from shore. Also seen in their natural habitat was a used condom in the surf and a rouge tampon. The beach was FULL of weeds which was probably just the season but still ugly and smelled. We walked very far on this beach and it all was the same, trash and harassment. I will say the grass huts and palm trees are very beautiful, but the garbage and locals easily ruin this beautiful beach. A perk for us were quite a few topless or thong sun bathers, but I'm not sure that would be a perk for others.

Reviewed June 20, 2015

You can stroll along the beach for hours and admire the views.
The beach is very long and at most of the hotels well maintained.

The problem tend to be traders who try to sell their products and services, but fortunately usually are not too pushy.

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed June 19, 2015

It has been about 7 years between visits and on my recent trip the beaches of Bavaro still remind me of what you see on postcards; expansive, bright and sugary soft! I spent a good amount of time at the beach in Macao, waiting for a boat ride with a crew from "Side by Side". I was surprised and impressed how far from the shoreline you can go for the water to be just waist high. Incredible! The water in June is like bathwater, and clear and comfortable.

Some pockets of beaches will have plenty of seaweed that land onshore and unfortunately some resorts may not clean the area at all or as quickly as you would like, and this means the views and smell can be a bit sketchy. But overall, the beaches are great in any case!