“Send me here again”

Thetford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Send me here again”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a no nonsense beach... Sand, sea with palm trees, it had it all. Joking aside this really is a wonderful sandy beach, plenty of room to sit and you can go for a very long walk if thats how you gat an all over tan. People watching is such a laugh and I'm sure I would be just as funny if someone was spying on me. Magic !!!

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Nice but watch the undertow.”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro which is on a better part of the beach than the more expensive Iberostar Grand Bavaro which is right next to a shanty town of vendor stalls.
Beach was crowded but it is a wide beach, easy to walk.
Be careful of the undertow when it is a rough sea. Steep slope in parts and rocky bottom in many places.

Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pleasant”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Very pleasant and peaceful atmosphere! First time staying at an adult only hotel. I appreciated the respect the adults showed to the staff and one another. Very conservative, very private, very respectful!

1 Thank Teri F
San Francisco, California, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Loooooong Beach! Filled with tourists!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Which is exactly what I was looking for, since I love to walk. You'll get to walk, if you're into the same thing, but be ready to jump over bodies. The sand is lovely, the water is lovely! People watching is priceless! I went by myself, did not want to be sucked into one of the all-inclusives, so I did my own thing, and I had a great time. There are a few public entrances to the beach, all of the locals that I have encountered have been great and extremely helpful. If you want some action, bars, food, etc., you'd need to either drive or get a taxi or a motoconcho to take you somewhere. Fun place!

1 Thank vana31198
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Was lots of fun”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We went snorkeling on the Bavaro reef. It was lots of fun and we saw quite a few fish. It was only $40.00/person for 2 hours but next time I think ill spring for the catalina island all day snorkel that was $99.00/person.

1 Thank Adfairchild84