“I wanted to give this a better rating, but...”
Review of Luna del Caribe

Luna del Caribe
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinner show & the best Dominican Carnival. The Best Dominican musical folklore Show in the most impressive resort in Punta Cana. We are pleased to present the first Dominican cultural tour, an impressive night attraction where people of different nationalities will enjoy the Dominican culture, its roots and traditions.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

While the performers were excellent and the food was very good, there were some major problems with this show. The music and microphones are turned up beyond the capacity of the speakers. All of the music and sound was distorted. By the first half hour, my ears were killing me. When announcements were made, I couldn't understand a word that was said, even when he spoke English. The buzz of the speakers was louder than his voice. The next problem we encountered was when they moved us to the theater. The staff members wandered in and out during the performance. Two of them sat directly in front of us, and talked very loudly in attempt to hear each other over the booming of the speakers. They were in the first row, directly in front of us. It was hard enough to try to understand what was going on, and with their constant chatter it became impossible The real clincher though, that led me to give this a "terrible" review was the animal abuse. To represent cock fighting, live roosters were thrown at each other and onto the floor of the stage. I'm not sure one of them survived as he landed sideways on his neck when the performer threw him. The dancers were amazing, and the energy of the show was unbelievable. My congrats to them. Fix your sound system, turn down the volume and buy yourself some fake chickens and this will be a great show.

5  Thank Barbara G

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I also included info on this experience on my Hard Rock Hotel Punta Cana review entitled "Hard Rock Punta Cana Rocks" This is a show not to be missed! What a gem of a show!

2  Thank Sheri M
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Beautiful Show, Delicious food, awesome staff. I love the diavolo coffe, the outdoor show with the spitfire and the dancing around the dinner. Our best show and we are very hard to impress. Try to book the lobster dinner, very yummy!.

2  Thank Houston J
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went on this evening out with a couple of friends that we met at our resort. We had never heard of it before and were so happy that we went. There was an outdoor show that used fire and traditional costume. It was very entertaining. Then we went into the restaurant for a wonderful meal of roast pork and other Dominican specialties. There was a live band going throughout supper, which was wonderful entertainment. Following that, there was a dance showing the Dominican Coffee ritual. Absolutely splendid! Then you were served a cup of the delicious brew. I thought at that time that we were done but no, we were escorted into the Amphitheatre for a show of song and dance that featured the evolution of the Dominican from the time of Christopher Columbus to present time. The dancers and performers were absolutely wonderful and a delight to watch. I enjoyed every second if it. At the end of the show, the performers all come to the front of the stage for pictures. You get to sit in among them and pose. Lots of fun! As I said, we went with friends that run a company called Gobecon. You can download this app on your phone and book this excursion this way. I highly recommend it!!

3  Thank Sasksunlover
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived in Punta Cana and booked this show for our first night. Upon arriving at the show, we were greeted with a drink and some local foods to try. There was a show outside, then dinner inside and to top off the evening, there was another show. Even with the shows that were performed, during dinner, they still had entertaining going on....this was a lively place. Still think of all the dancing that was going on and still makes us smile. The performers were wonderful and just amazing!

4  Thank Barbmussehl