“What's in the San Juan Shopping Center” 4 of 5 bubbles

San Juan Shopping Center
Ranked #42 of 89 things to do in Punta Cana
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“What's in the San Juan Shopping Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

List of stores in the San Juan Shopping Center [www.sanjuanshoppingcenter.com/]

1.Super Pola - 35,000 SF Grocery Store [http://tiendalasirena.com/]
2. Haagen-Dazs
3. Corripio - similiar to BestBuy [http://tiendascorripio.com.do/]
4. KB Accessorios
5. Farmax - Pharmacy [http://www.farmax.com.do/]
6. Pizza Hut
7. Caribbean Cinemas - has 7 movie screens. Movies shown in English. Most children animated films are in Spanish. Ask what language it is shown before purchasing tickets. [http://caribbeancinemasrd.com/home]
8. Chef Pepper - very good US-style restaurant [http://www.chefpepper.com.do/]
34. Colombia
35. Churro Charro - outdoor restaurant
36. Nous
37. Women's Heart
other stores to be added soon.

Visited July 2012
23 Thank tobedla

• Greek first
Summerville, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“"Be careful what you shop for"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

If you follow The Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) on TripAdvisor you may have seen some of my reviews...that said...you will note that I am totally blown away by Punta Cana and the people of The Dominican Republic! I love it!! This is to qualify my review for readers that discount "bad" review's.

The San Juan Shopping Center is still under construction and has a great future, however, as some of the other writers have noted the shops are rather pricey and give you the sense of "tourist trap". I have visited the mall about 8 or 9 times in the past year and have watched it grow as shop owners move in and set up store fronts.

My most recent visit was last week June 26, 2012. I was acting as interpreter for my friends that decided to get married at the last minute. I guess I'm a typical guy because the whole in and out of EVERY shop just was not my thing! But, these are great friends so I made the best of it. I checked out every shop with them and looked at prices and talked to the shop staff wherever we went. Overall, even the employee's of the various shop's (with only a few exceptions) felt that the prices were a little to very high. That said...there was this one shop that we went in (looking for shirt's for the guy's to wear at the wedding on the beach) that had what the bride wanted for the guy's...so we thought! Great bargain on 3 shirt's came out to about $52us. The shop was located on the second floor just as you pass the little buffet restaurant on your right overlooking the grocery store below. The name of the store was "Market ????" and it was on the left. I left the receipt with my friends and I can't remember the other part of the name. The point of all this is...we purchased the shirts and 4 day's later (after having friends bring shirts from the US instead) we wanted to return the shirt's still in the original packages etc...totally new and ready to "re-sell"...you guessed it...they would not take the shirt's back!! The reason they gave was that "...the money has been deposited in the bank and we can't get it back..." to which I replied "...you don't have $52 in your register?" There are no signs or notes on the receipt saying all sales are final etc...so BUYER BEWARE OF ANY PURCHASES MADE AT THIS STORE!! Be sure to pass by this store and let them know that you read about them on Tripadvisor...it might make them re-think the policy!

5 Thank Emile R
Opelika, AL
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Waste of Time!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

Fortunately, it was a free shuttle from our resort to this place. I would be upset if I had paid to go there. Poor selection of shops. Mostly high priced junk. A lot of places advertised were either not opened yet or had already closed down. Nasty smelling grocery store in this 'mall'. We did enjoy lunch at Chef Pepper's in the parking lot. There was also a Pizza Hut. We hadn't been there 10 minutes before we were ready to leave. However, the shuttles are timed to leave you there about 2 hours.

2 Thank Jerri S
Wichita, Kansas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Store selection needs improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Visited San Juan during afternoon via the free hotel shuttle.

The shuttle was timely and a nice feature which allowed you two hours of shopping time before returning, however I would not recommend other travelers visit.

There were only a handful of shops and took less than an hour to go through.

One of stores is a supermarket - thus if you are looking for a free ride to purchase items from a market this would be a good place to visit.

1 Thank AndiA084
Nottingham, UK
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A Bit rushed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

We did a shopping tour that included 2 shopping centres, a rum factory and some caves - all in all a good half day, however it seemed a bit rushed!

Visited March 2012