“Amazing Experience!”

and up
Hoyo Azul and Zipline Adventure in Punta Cana
Ranked #30 of 233 Tours in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Caribbean Dream is an incoming tour operator based in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We provide individuals and groups with a wide range of options for excursions and transportation. Let Caribbean Dream be your local expert when visiting the Dominican Republic!
ny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

When we first arrived at Macao beach the waves were extremely small and braking very close to shore. We had 11 people in our group and everyone was very upset because we thought there was no way we could surf in such small waves. I saw pictures of people surfing at this beach and told my family that I thought it would be good for beginners. Nobody beieved me, especially my 2 sons who already know how to surf. Rafael was not there yet, but some of the instructers kept telling us it would be good for beginners. My son sai that he was just saying that to get our money and he convinced everyone that we should go back to the hotel. We had to wait for Rafael to show up to make arrangements to go back to the hotel and everyone was in a bad mood. When Rafael finally arrived he was so nice and friendly that he calmed everyone down. He told us the waves were perfect for beginners and that they would probably get a little better as the day went on. He also said it would be no problem to take us back to the hotel and we would get our money back for the excursion. My cousin asked Rafael to prove that the waves were surfable and he sent a few instructors and a dog out to show us it was possible. After this we all decided to stay and it was the best decision we ever made. The instructors were great and My instructor was very helpful and patient and I finally got up on about the 5th try. This is definitely the best excursion i have ever done. The next day we went ziplining and it was a big let down after the surfing epxerience. The only people that didn't have as much fun were my sons who surf all the time. The waves got a little bigger for them and they had a good time just being out in the ocean, but they would have preferred much bigger waves. Rafael told us that the waves are much bigger in the winter so If you already know how to surf you probably shouldn't come in the summer. I have tried surfing a few times without much success, but now I know exactly what I was doing wrong and can't wait to try again. I am sure I will be able to do it now.

1 Thank Tom M
caribbeandreamto, Owner at Caribbean Dream - Tours, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
So glad things worked out! Even small waves can be really fun. Thank you for your review.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“An excellent service for excursions!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My friends and I did a total of three different excursions through Caribbean Dream. We did the Cap Cana Adventure Buggies, the Excellence Dolphin Swim and the Stingray Bay Caribbean Festival. Each of the excursions was great! The transport arrived on time to pick us up, at the hotel, and all of the staff members were friendly and helpful. It can be a little confusing when they come to pick you up, as the van, bus, etc. might not say the name that you are expecting. Have your confirmation paper printed out and show it to any drivers that arrive at the expected time. The buggy adventure took us to a beautiful secluded beach and a cave called the Hoyo Azul. The cave had beautiful cold, blue water but you should definitely jump in. The Excellence Dolphin swim was a great choice as we only had 7 people in our group and we were in the water with 2 dolphins for 45 minutes. The pictures at each of the excursions are pricey to purchase, but the dolphin pictures were a must! I personally didn't go on the Stingray Bay excursion but my friends said the boat had dancing and drinks and was a lot of fun. They also enjoyed swimming with the stingrays and nurse sharks. I would definitely use this service again if I return to Punta Cana.

1 Thank Megan49022
We appreciate you choosing us and taking the time to write this review.
Houston, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent beyond Excellent Royalty Service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you are use to exceptional, prompt, and luxurious service, you must use this company for airport pickup service and to book sightseeing tours. The airport pickup and drop off service was royalty at its best. Our driver was great and the van was beautiful. I looked around at all the other vans at the airport and knew we had selected the best. I also highly recommend booking all sightseeing tours through this company. They immediately responded to our questions and helped us choose the tour that was perfect for a group of 7. Highly recommend the Jeep Safari tour.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank CGordie
We're more than pleased to know you enjoyed our services. Warm Regards.
Warwick, Rhode Island
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent Customer Service!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked our excursions through PuntaCanaTours.com online (Carribean Dream) & everything was absolutely wonderful. The private minivan to & from the airport was prompt & courteous. Gary called us personally as we were riding to our hotel to confirm all of our excursions. We did three different excursions (zip line, dune buggies & catamaran snorkel cruise) through them & I highly recommend all three. We had a bit of a mix up on two of the days because our hotel had a similar name to their sister hotel but when we missed our pick up, Gary immediately sent a taxi over for us - BOTH DAYS - to meet up with our group. Top notch customer service - they really do care & want to make sure you are satifsfied. Highly recommended!!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank dotp503
Thank you for choosing us and for your review!
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“**Please read my honest review on our PUJ hotel transfer***”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

So I'm going to start of by saying that I heavily rely on Tripadvisor for all my vacations. I noticed that this company had very few bad reviews which I liked.

MY ARRIVAL: So let me start by staying when I arrived, he was not by the exit. I was a little worried of course. I speak Spanish so I asked the taxi guys there if they happened to see the sign with my name or the name of the company and they said no however, he did say to walk towards the left side (if you're facing the parking lot) cause sometimes they go there because supposedly the airport has two exits but I've used this airport three times and never seen that other exit. Whats around that other area is the departure section. Anyhow, if you encounter the same as myself, just walk over to the left side by the parking lot cause sometimes they may be there. Good thing that man told me about that because I had no reception on my Sprint phone for a good second.

THE DRIVER TONY: I had read that the driver was very dry and didn't speak much at all. So I'm thinking more than likely it was because of the language barrier. I didn't ask him if he spoke English but I'm sure that's why he wasn't talking much. But even with us, he wasn't talking much either. I could tell that he's extremely humble and that's just his nature. He means no bad. So I was telling him about some of the reviews I read about them not arriving and he says a lot of the taxis by the airport trick tourist into telling them they are the company they booked. And BTW, I looked at the rates they taxis charge and it was $20.00 more than what I had paid so they are more expensive. I told him I read about Jerry who was very nice. Tony says Jerry is his boss and in fact, Jerry accustoms calling the guests while in the car to make sure all is okay and answer any questions. Jerry does speak fluent English. When I we got to the hotel, we paid Tony in full/cash as Jerry instructed. I made sure I got a receipt for my own purposes. He called the night before to confirm although Jerry did have our departure information. When it was time to head back, Tony was waiting for us by the lobby at the time we agreed on.

So the experience wasn't bad at all. Just wished Tony would have been right by the exit and not that other exit. Would definitely use them again if needed!

3 Thank Andy P
Thank you for such a detailed review. We're pleased to know you will be considering our services in the future. Regards!