“Exceptional Excursion to Samana, Dominican Republic”

Caribbean Dream - Tours
Ranked #66 of 269 Tours in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Caribbean Dream is an incoming tour operator based in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We provide individuals and groups with a wide range of options for excursions and transportation. Let Caribbean Dream be your local expert when visiting the Dominican Republic!
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I took this 12 hour excursion to Samana through Caribbean Dream and let me tell you....it was one of the best excursions we have ever taken in our lives. We have taken European cruises with shore excursions and vacationed in Aruba with some awesome excursions and have seen Jamaica through some cool tours....but this was hands down the most fun excursion we have ever been on.

First of all the tour company picked us up at our hotel at 6:25 a.m., and they were right on time. Perfect. They take us to the airport where we board a small regional plane that seats only about 40 people. We fly to the Northern part of the Dominican Republic to Samana. Where we board an open air jeep vehicle. It takes us on a cool tour of the Samana area and makes a stop at a local house where we get to learn about some of the native plants and agricultural exports from the DR (coffee, tobacco, cocoa, and others). We get samples too.

Next we get back on the jeep and it takes us to this horseback riding ranch where we all get our own horse to ride with a guide. The horse back riding was so fun! Unbelievable. We ride on horseback for 30 minutes to the most gorgeous 165 foot waterfall I have ever seen. We get off of our horse and get to swim at the base of the waterfall!!!!!! Sweet jesus. This is when you realize that the earth is beautiful and the planet has tremendous natural wonders. After about 30 minutes of swimming we get back on our horses and ride back to the original starting point.

Next, we board the jeeps again and it takes us to a dock where we board a private catamaran! I mean, oh my god. This tour is awesome. The boat takes everyone to a secluded beach spot where they have a delicious lunch waiting for us. It's awesome. With a great photo op after lunch. The place looks like heaven on earth!

Next we get back on the boat and it takes us to another private beach area with the most gorgeous beaches where we get free time to just swim in the ocean and lay out in the sun for about 2 hours. Drinks at the bar included. I mean talk about relaxing! This is it.

Next, we get back on the boat and it takes us back to the open air jeeps, where we head back to the airport for the 30 minutes flight back to Punta Cana.

This excursion and this tour company is exceptional. Make no mistake, the tour operators and the tour leaders took care of us and made sure that we were having fun. It was awesome. A great combination of learning about culture and history, sight seeing, adventure seeking, relaxation and just pure awesomeness. This tour was the best and it had it all. I very highly recommend this tour. This tour stands apart from a lot of tours we have taken (we have taken guided tours through Rome, and Aruba, and Jamaica, and through the French Riviera)....this tour was the most fun we ever had. I can't say enough about it. This tour was the highlight of our vacation it was amazing.

Date of experience: September 2012
17  Thank Samuel K
caribbeandreamto, Owner at Caribbean Dream - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

What a great review! Samana is one of the better excursions being offered in Punta Cana. We're so glad you enjoyed yourself!

All reviews
"buggy tour"
in 14 reviews
"air conditioned van"
in 11 reviews
"from punta cana airport"
in 14 reviews
"holding a sign"
in 10 reviews
"great company"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"hotel lobby"
"horseback riding"
in 22 reviews
"blue hole"

Reviewed September 12, 2012

After reading positive reviews on Trip Advisor, we chose to use Caribbean Dream for our airport transfers. We booked via email and received exact instructions about what to do and where to find the representative upon arrival. We were met with a sign and escorted to a white van with driver. Yes, we were a bit skeptical about paying up front, but had already read about this and were prepared. The driver spoke English very well and told us all about the area, excursions, hotels, etc. The van was extremely clean and the driver was very professional. Even my teenagers were impressed. Towards the end of our vacation, we reconfirmed our pick-up time. Just as confirmed, the driver was ready and waiting for our departure. A first-class experience. We would definitely book again!

Date of experience: August 2012

Thank you for recognizing our service on Tripadvisor. Much appreciated.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great service, on time and best of all safe and reliable, and excellent communication
Would definitely recommend
Thanks Gary
Ps. Ask for Christopher as a driver

caribbeandreamto, Owner at Caribbean Dream - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for noticing our customer service and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Regards!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was skeptical of paying in advance for shuttle service. That is probably what sold me on Caribbean Dream. They honored their word and the driver was waiting for me. His vehicle was clean and honestly, I loved the air freshener. Although Hurricane Isaac, caused my flight to be cancelled, my driver still arrived a scheduled and his promptness can be attributed to my being in the right place at the right time to get another airline back home.

Thank you, Caribbean Dream. I loved the personalization...(sign, welcome, email confirmations)

Date of experience: August 2012

Your review is much appreciated. Thank you fro taking the time.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Caribbean Dream went above and beyond with the service to our hotel in Uvero Alto. We knew it was a long trip (relatively speaking) and we asked for beer and water in the car for the trip. We got out of the airport and there was the driver, as expected, with our names on a sign and we were wisked away to our car immediately! The driver got Garry on the phone right away and Garry explained that they wanted to be absolutely certain that they met us at the airport on time, so they would need to stop for the beer and water on the way. Okay, I thought, sounds good.
The driver drove somewhat slowly considering the other traffic and I wondered if they were doing it purposely, as we had read about the "crazy" driving in the DR. Lo, and behold, we stopped at a corner and Garry drove up...with the beer and water! He had gone himself to get our drinks and drove to meet us so we could get them!
That's great service!
For our return trip, the driver was at the resort at the appointed time, early in fact and all went as expected.
Caribbean Dream will go far in this business with that kind of attention to detail.
Thanks to you all!

Date of experience: August 2012

What a wonderful review! Garry is the best operations guy around and he sends his regards. Thank you again.