“This is something that you need”

Coast Riders Surf Shop & Surf Lessons
Ranked #2 of 33 Shopping in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: CoastRiders Surf, SUP School / Shop, caters to those who want to enjoy fun water activities and sports in Punta Cana. We specialize in paddle-boarding and surfing. Our Surf lessons take place on the spectacular Macao Beach and our Paddle-boarding lessons and outings take place in the serene waters of Bavaro Beach. On whatever activity you decide to join us, we will provide a fun-filled experience that the entire family will enjoy!! Our lessons are carried out in small groups with one-on-one instruction for surfing, and groups not larger than 6 for paddleboarding. The CoastRiders Shop is located on Bavaro Beach by the IFA resort. We carry boardshorts and bikinis, sandals, beachwear and the best variety of articles for the active and carefree lifestyle of the Dominican coast!... Come by and ride with us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Moscow
“This is something that you need”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is something that you need
A great choice if you come to rest in Bavaro (Punta Cana) and want to go surfing. Waves on the beach is not particularly high, so that's great for beginners. Instructors constantly give advice and help to enjoy. In the hotel we took away the a funny guy Giovanni, who took great photos of our surfing.
It was fun, one of the best pastime in Punta Cana. My wife liked it even more than me ;)
Many thanks to Giovanni for the pictures, the road and cool music. Hope to see you again.

Visited September 2013

“Life long dream was fulfilled!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband has watched point break so much that he thought he was already a natural at surfing. He definitely needed Carlos and Jimmy's expertise. Both of us were riding the waves in no time! The location was quite secluded and a nice break from the resort. Also, I appreciated being picked up by an employee. Felt more personal than a cheesy tourist excursion. Awesome photographs were provided as well! I would go there again for sure.

Denver, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome! .... Even though I'm not coordinated. :)”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This excursion was amazing. I'm not coordinated and have never surfed before, but I managed to stand up on my second wave.

It feels very personal. It doesn't feel like you're stuck in a big, corporate tour. I was picked up from the resort in a normal vehicle (not a painted van) and my group was small. I had two others in it -- but it was the shoulder season -- however, I think the guide said they limit groups to 8? Or 12?

The surfing is on Macao beach which is surprisingly good for surfing. The worst you can fall on is sand (no reefs or anything) and the waves range from super beginner to advanced. I'm not exactly sure how this works, but you can just position yourself in the ocean according to skill level.

The guides started by teaching how to stand up. Then you get one guide to sort of babysit you and make sure you don't die. Then, you're off! It was super fun. I enjoyed it so much, I'm considering buying a snowboard so I can recreate the experience locally.

Photos are $35 ish. Definitely bring money to buy them. It'll give you bragging rights to your friends!

Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
“wave on!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have never met anyone who had more confidence in me than JIMMY. All I can say is... thank you and it was so much fun!!! I want to surf now. this is paradise if you want to learn how to stand on the board. I learned on the most beautiful beach there.
once I got up, I felt like I accomplishment. it was a great having the instructors cheering you on as you ride in on the waves. if you want to have a fun time, with lost of laughs, this is the place to go and these are the people you want to learn from. I drank so much salt water, got a huge bruise on my knee, left my shoes there (but those very sweet guys return them as soon as they were able to), and got a great bootyworkout.
I am so glad I choose them to teach me.
thank you guys, well if you are ever in California, hit me up..

Chatenay en France
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“For a perfect discover of surf in a splendid location”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

First of all, many thanks to Jimmy and Carlos which offer to us 3 hours of an incredible fun with attention kindness and sympathy. The surf spot is Macao beach and is ideal for any kind of level of surf, no rocks or even stone and no current, so very safe. This beach is still kept untouch.
Jimmy and Carlos stayed with us three hours in the water and will all stand up on the board even if it was the first time, thanks guys !!!! A very gentle photographer takes almost proffessionals photos and we got the Cd instantly for unforgettable souvenirs.....
Don't miss this experience, go for it, you will not regret your session, believe me.
Thanks again, Karine, Clément, Arnaud and Mathéo.

Visited July 2013