“Amazing experience”

Coast Riders Surf Shop & Surf Lessons
Ranked #2 of 33 Shopping in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: CoastRiders Surf, SUP School / Shop, caters to those who want to enjoy fun water activities and sports in Punta Cana. We specialize in paddle-boarding and surfing. Our Surf lessons take place on the spectacular Macao Beach and our Paddle-boarding lessons and outings take place in the serene waters of Bavaro Beach. On whatever activity you decide to join us, we will provide a fun-filled experience that the entire family will enjoy!! Our lessons are carried out in small groups with one-on-one instruction for surfing, and groups not larger than 6 for paddleboarding. The CoastRiders Shop is located on Bavaro Beach by the IFA resort. We carry boardshorts and bikinis, sandals, beachwear and the best variety of articles for the active and carefree lifestyle of the Dominican coast!... Come by and ride with us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The surfing lessons with Giovanni really made my family and I's trip. If you want a localized and a not so touristy feeling for your surfing lessons, this is the place to do it. The guys were great. Very genuine, encouraging, and great instructors as well.

Would love to do it again!

“Awesome!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

These guys where great I would highly recommend booking a morning with them if you are interested in surfing the beach was amazing and the extra your we got with Carlos was amazing thanks again for a great day guys

Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

These guys were great! The surfing was so much fun and the instructors were extremely patient. Plus, we got our own personalized "tour" of the local city by our instructor as we were driven to and from our resort. Definitely recommend it!

Visited January 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Best time in D.R! Try it! You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

It was quite random that I found this specific school. I got a travel agent in the hotel to call and book me on for a surf class, and I could not have been luckier! Due to low season I was the only person taking that class that day so I got my own personal surf instructor (thank you Luis you were great!). Really great help all the time and I never felt unsafe. I tried to get my entire family to come along and take the class, but they were too scared. Now afterwards, I know that they would have done just fine! Everyone would enjoy this class! Macao beach has waves for everyone - small ones for beginners and larger ones for pros... (I kept to the smaller ones...)
Bring sunscreen and water to drink! And bring good swimwear.
Great pick up from the hotel, and not very touristy experience as lots of the other excursions. Very personal.

This was the best thing I did in my 2 weeks in DR. I even went back the next day to just rent a board. They were very kind to keep me under supervision that day too even though I didn't take the full class.
The second day we were three people and three instructors - super safe and really helpful for everyone to learn quickly and catch the waves!

Great photos! Great surf! And a lot of fun! If you are going to do one thing in D.R. - do this! And don't wait until the last few days of your trip as I did, because you will want to go back and do it again!

Visited November 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

At first I was very skeptical about leaving our resort and going to another beach to learn to surf. Not only because I had never surfed before, but because of all the warnings you hear about never leaving your resort. There was NEVER a moment that I felt my safety was at risk. Danilo spoke great English and made us feel very safe. I loved all the information he gave us about the DR on our way to the beach. The beach was amazing! A beautiful place and so secluded! We spent 10 minutes on the shore getting instructions and then hit the water to surf. We had one on one coaching in the water to help us catch the right waves. Don't forget your towels, sun screen, and cash and have a great time! You will not regret choosing Coast Riders!

Visited November 2012