“Awesome time!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coast Riders Surf Shop & Surf Lessons

Coast Riders Surf Shop & Surf Lessons
Ranked #2 of 31 Shopping in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: CoastRiders Surf, SUP School / Shop, caters to those who want to enjoy fun water activities and sports in Punta Cana. We specialize in paddle-boarding and surfing. Our Surf lessons take place on the spectacular Macao Beach and our Paddle-boarding lessons and outings take place in the serene waters of Bavaro Beach. On whatever activity you decide to join us, we will provide a fun-filled experience that the entire family will enjoy!! Our lessons are carried out in small groups with one-on-one instruction for surfing, and groups not larger than 6 for paddleboarding. The CoastRiders Shop is located on Bavaro Beach by the IFA resort. We carry boardshorts and bikinis, sandals, beachwear and the best variety of articles for the active and carefree lifestyle of the Dominican coast!... Come by and ride with us!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Awesome time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Danilo and Mark did a great job teaching us how to surf. We ate fresh cheese on the beach for lunch and enjoyed the beautiful views at Macao beach. Highly recommended!!

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Beautiful Beach and Great Instructors equal an amazing experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of surfing under the awesome instruction of Danilo. We were both able to ride plenty of waves under his watchful eye. He gave knowledgeable feedback and helped us to gain confidence in our ability. He was a great guide as well by picking us up right from the resort and driving us to Macao Beach. He had a lot of great information to give on the way and really helped us to get a better understanding of the Dominican Republic and its culture. Hopefully we can make it back to this beautiful beach, and if we do we will be surfing with Coast Riders again.

Visited March 2012
REP DOMINICANA. BAVARO
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“The best the Caribbean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was on vacation in Punta Cana with my wife and my three children, holidays were wonderful when we took our children to Coast Riders Shop and Surf Lessons, these people are true professionals, I was happy to see my children learn Surfboards in just hours , was very economical for professional ...
I promise I will return to continue learning. Thanks to Mr. Carlos Fresco and Mr. Danilo who are truly professional, without doubt the best in the Caribbean.
I'll be back next month with more guests and enjoy this school for my family is very happy.

See you...

Visited December 2011
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Coast Riders surf lessons are the best thing to do at Cap Cana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

I really had a satisfactory weekend taking the surf lessons with Carlos and Daniel. They are really nice persons, easy going, and they make the learning process easier. The beach is awesome!! Just perfect. Good for those one who just want to stay chill and for those one who wanna have some fun learning how to surf.
I started with one of those blue foam boards, which are very easy to deal with. Then I tried a shorter one, a little bit harder but it feels really cool when you stand on the board and start ripping! Try it!!

Visited January 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Poor planning and limited advice for someone who's not a complete beginner .”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

My day was wasted along with the 80$ they charged. Ive taken surfing lessons before and this one was subpar. They had me on the same board as a 60 pound girl. I weigh 210 pounds. Therefore it was not sized properly and I had a hard time getting up. 2 other guys my siZe were there too and neither of them got up. The 2 young girls did. Inexcusable that they would have all of us on the same boards. Instruction was very limited. The guy was nice, but I strongly would warn against going with them unless you are below 160 lbs and a complete beginner. That being said the waves were awesome, big, and beach was beautiful

Charliefresh, Director of Sales at Coast Riders Surf Shop & Surf Lessons, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
I know Danilo the instructor and owner for a long time, he has surfed every where in the globe and his love and his passion for Surfing would never let anybody down when he is giving his Surf lessons to beginners or intermediate surfers, Macao Beach is a very special Beach and has his positive and negative sides which are few, because of the sandy bottom it is excellent for learning, the waves brake right at shore which is not good for the boards, the 8 feet soft surfboards that you used are perfect for that beach and hold easily persons from 0 to 220 pounds, I don´t understand why you want destroy a reputation in this manner, even you recognized that you surfed, the succes of first time surfing in one class is around 90% not everybody will make it the first day, that is why we recommend a second day of lessons, Punta Cana Surf School cater ONLY to small groups with private lessons, with One 1 One instructors and transportation. And still we would love to have you back at our beach and surf maybe with one of our professional fiber glass boards, sorry to read you didn´t like it, but I recommend you to erase this negative comment which is not fair at all.