“Pelicano 2012”

Pelicano Water Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing, parasailing, Pelicano Sport offers you adventures from the blue depth of the ocean to the blue of our tropical sky. Pelicano Sport is one of the market’s leaders on the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic in Punta Cana and Bavaro and is recognized as one of the best water sports companies in the Caribbean. Pelicano Sport has its bases in the Ocean Blue & Sands Hotel (5-star) and the VIK Arena Blanca Hotel (4-stars) but also offers first rate service to the clients of the other hotels in the area of Bavaro/Punta Cana. Pelicanosport is a member of the internationally renowned Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), provides highly professional standards and has been cited on many occasions by different magazines such as: ScubaDiving and the German magazine Unterwasser, Tauchen and Taucher for their exceptional diving programs as well as other diverse magazines and exclusive International fotoshoots.
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Pelicano 2012”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is the best Dive company in Punta Cana. I just returned from Punta Cana and will be going back this October to continue my training with Pelicano...namely the next step after the Open Water is the Advanced Open water. You can book with them on their web site....pay $130 us through Padi to do your 15 hours e training in the comfort of your own home. Then you will be scheduled for a free pick up at your hotel the first day by car to the Pelicano which resides in the Vik Arena Blancas Hotel and then your first morning will be spent in the pool learning all that there is to learn...hopefully you will get to be trained by Peters wife..Chris...she is an excellent trainer with 20 years dive experience. The next 2 days will be spent...again hopefully with Peter whom I dived with. He is a consumate professional and a real conservationist of the sea..again with over 20 years along with his other dive masters. After your morning ocean dives you will be taken by boat back to your resort and on their website is a list of the resorts that they service with regards to pick ups.

Again I would like to persoanlly thank Peter , Chris and all his staff for an excellent time and I look foward to diving with them very soon.

Regards,
Robert

Visited May 2012
2 Thank carribeankid2001

Summerside, PEI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Accommodating and FUN!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My girlfriend, friend, and I travelled to Punta Cana and decided to do our Open Water course. Before going, I emailed several shops and got the best vibe, and most timely responses from Chris at Pelicano. We did the elearning before, so we wouldn't have to spend anytime in the classroom once we got there. We prepaid and saved 10% by booking online through the Pelicano Sport website. It was quick and easy to do.

Once down there, we were at a different resort... so Pelicano arranges a taxi to pick you up and transport you to the resort they are located on. Some resorts get it for free, the further ones have to pay a fixed rate.

We arrived at the dive centre early in the morning and met our instructor, Francisco (Paco). He explained a bit of the course and started showing us how to assemble the gear. We assembled/disassembled quite a few times, making sure we knew how to do it. After this, we went to the pool to do our confined water excercises. My girlfriend was not comfortable with the regulator breathing, so Paco took his time with her and tried to get her comfortable. She couldn't become comfortable so sat out for the morning. Paco took my other friend and I through the training excercises and made sure we were doing them properly.

When we were ready to go dive Paco gave all the divers (4 of us) a briefing and explained everything from A-Z. This is where you get some ressurance and confidence of your safety. While we were going out for our dive, Petra, another instructor at the shop took my girlfriend to the pool to try and work with her. She ended up getting her comfortable and got her through all the confined water training skills! I really appreciated the effort they put in to accomodating her and trying to make her feel comfortable and have fun.

We ended up doing 3 more dives the next day where we saw beautiful schools of fish, a puffer fish, and a lion fish. The visibility was second to none, and the scenery was amazing. The water was a bit choppy topside, so we had to have our sea legs on. I was getting pretty seasick, but the crew reassured me I was safe... making me feel comfortable in between dives.

The trip was awesome, and I'd like to thank the amazing staff at Pelicano for their awesome work. I would highly recommend diving here if you get the chance!

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Lee G
Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Having never been diving, I did the Discover Scuba Diving. The staff are all very helpful and informative. My instructor Petra was awesome. I definately will return planning on taking the next step and get licensed. I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to experience diving. You won't regret it.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Derek F
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Professional, punctual, personable, perfect!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Chris & Peter were the consummate professionals. They are a husband-wife team who own this dive shop. They are originally from Germany but have been in the Dominican for 20 years and in Punta Cana for 12 so they are very familiar with the area and dive locations in the area. They were highly knowledgeable and well organized. Their equipment was very well maintained and they had several boats to choose from when taking divers out to dive sights. The dive shop has employees who fluently speak German, English, French, and Spanish so many nationalities are easily accommodated. Diving with Nitrox is free there! Yes, free! I’m a novice (only have 10 dives under my belt) so this didn’t apply to me, but I was very pleased with their patience with me and my limited diving abilities especially considering they are so experienced. The excursion to Catalina was absolutely fabulous! You HAVE to do this, its an incredible dive spot and a gorgeous island. I would also recommend the wrecks and the cave dive…absolutely a blast! Dive with Pelicano…we loved it. There is no better place in all of Punta Cana!

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Heather W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best scuba experience ever!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Peter and Chris were very pleasant to be with. We completed our OWD with them, and they are 100% professionals. Their entire staff was courteous and helpful. I wouldn't dive with anyone while in Punta Cana.

1 Thank Mwiens