“Relaxed luxurious atmosphere! Attentive staff! Great food!”

La Palapa by Eden Roc
Ranked #37 of 312 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located at the beautiful Eden Roc Beach Club, La Palapa restaurant opened in 2003, becoming the first restaurant opened at the Cap Cana residential resort. After experiencing an interesting renovation, La Palapa by Eden Roc, began operations in September 2010, under the management of Solaya Hotels & Resorts, a private firm dedicated to developing luxury hotel projects, which operates the Eden Roc Beach Club, a private beach club in Cap Cana. Solaya Hotels & Resorts' premier property is Eden Roc at Cap Cana, the first Relais & Chateaux property in the Dominican Republic.Immediately after its first renovation, the new La Palapa by Eden Roc fascinated visitors with its unique proposal of pastas, fresh sauces, homemade bread, fish and seafood. La Palapa by Eden Roc is ideal for those who enjoy the authentic cuisine, where each dish is perfectly executed incorporating fresh seasonal products, without losing the simplicity, in a casual, elegant and relaxed ambiance. La Palapa by Eden Roc is a place to enjoy the best cuisine and the beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea. The access to the restaurant La Palapa by Eden Roc is free to the general public. For weekends and special nights, we recommend booking a table in advance. The use of facilities Eden Roc Beach Club (beach, pool) is reserved for members or visitors who have purchased an access pass.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxed luxurious atmosphere! Attentive staff! Great food!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My first impression of La Palapa was the atmosphere which was luxurious, yet relaxed. Something only a nice open-air restaurant on a tropical beach can offer! The staff was friendly and helpful, and the chef, Jorge, that prepared our meals took special care on both presentation and taste. The entire experience was fantastic! I highly recommend La Palapa!

• Visited March 2013

Miami Beach, Florida
“Outstanding place”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Excellent food and location.. one of the most beautiful beaches Ive been. Very friendly staff and the view is insane

Visited May 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing location and food combined”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The restaurant is nestled between Punta Espada Golf Course and Eden Roc at Cap Cana Hotel Beach Club. The surroundings are amazing, the setting is open air and perched close to a point overlooking the ocean and a small inlet with clear blue water and a small white sand beach, while the other side is rocky with waves crashing against. The service was impeccable while the wine selection was vast and the food was mucho excellente! I will definitely return here if I am ever back in the Dominican Republic!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Noelle S
Allentown, New Jersey
“Pick your own fish”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Earlier in the day I was casting for some fish near the restaurant and a waiter came out and handed me some fresh squid for bait and offered to cook my catch. I had no luck with the catch but was rewarded with an excellent meal later. My friends and I walked over from the Caleton Villas for dinner. The location is perfect, overlooking the sea and oriented for a nice sunset. After we were seated I noticed some fresh fish on ice. When I went over to look, the chef came out and explained what they were and how he could prepare them for us. Two of us decided to share a fresh snapper. After having some perfect drinks, we were served a very fresh salad. Our fish arrived after the salad. They had cooked it whole with fresh herbs and fresh vegetables. Our waiter prepared it at a side table by removing the skin and carving out two servings without bones The entire dish was excellent. Two others in our party ordered steak and were very happy. All in all it was a top-notch restaurant with timely, friendly, and expert service. This would get 5 stars anywhere, probably should get 6 in the DR.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Chillmann
Newark, New Jersey
“Great food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Everything I ordered here was awesome. The food was excellent and the waiter Johnafly and assistant food and beverage manger made sure my guest and I was treated like a queens. The dessert was to die for and it's the best restaurant on the island.

Visited April 2013