“Delicious, and Poolside”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Balicana

Balicana
Ranked #17 of 286 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Balicana is located in the middle of green gardens, where you can enjoy the typical flavors of Asian cuisine, prepared at home using fresh ingredients, in an intimate place where joy of food is priority.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious, and Poolside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I went to this restaurant on a package deal with a local spa. I received a massage and lunch for $70. The food was REALLY good, and I was skeptical because it was Thai, and hello, i'm in the DR! But for lunch they had an option where you could choose your base (rice, fried rice, noodles), your meat (chicken, beef, possibly something else, dont' remember), and a series of veggies to make a stir fry or fried rice dish. I ended up with something close to pad si eiw, and they kicked it up a notch with some extra spice. The deal also included fresh squeezed juice, which just sealed the deal.

It was a very quiet, beautiful location. To be able to eat delicious food poolside was awesome. Definitely recommend.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank XelP

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
“My fav. Restaurant in Punta Cana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I've been to Balicana at least 10 times. The food (Asian inspired) is awesome and well priced! We always get the fried veggies and spring rolls for an appetizer. My favorite main dish is the sweet and spicy chicken (they do it with pork as well). My husband swears by the Pad Thai chicken. We had 2 appetizers, 2 meals, 1 soft drink and 2 well drinks for $50. They are located behind Stanze Mare condos/NOW Larimar hotel (near) and you can get to the through beach access or by road. We always stay at the Playa Turquesa condos and it is an easy 10-15 min walk by road. Don't get stuck in the all inclusives with blah food choices...get out, walk with a group....it's safe.

2 Thank januarytnt
Edmonton
“Should never have waited so long to try, now can't wait to go back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

For years I have been hearing about Balicana, I have vacation property here and my friends could not believe I had not tried it out, considering it is a short distance from my condo. Four of us went out, we had six spring roll appetizers, we each had a cocktail, bottled water and then the main courses for 2800 pesos. The service was excellent and the food superb. My friends eat there often and the husband is picky and enjoys eating there. They have never had a bad meal there. My husband had the fried rice/meat dish, which he liked, but when he tried my curry pineapple chicken, he wanted to switch. The menu has the little pepper symbols on it, so one knows how hot their dish will be. The chicken was one pepper and prepared perfectly. The portions are big, but so tasty, could not help but finishing it all. One could probably order appetizers and share a meal and still come home satisfied. I will definitely be going back there again. Great value and price. Surprising to find properly prepared Asian food in the Dominican Republic.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank JustAboutRetired
“Very yummy Asian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My boyfriend and I checked out this place and we were presently surprised! There is no signage, so we had to ask the guard where the restaurant was. There was an abundance of parking and the ambience next to the pool is great! The drinks were great, food was delicious, and service was awesome! It is a great restaurant to get away from the typical resort-style (high prices, bad food) restaurants that plague Punta Cana. The food and drinks are all very reasonable! We will definitely be back on our next trip to Punta Cana.

Calhoun, Georgia
“Excellent Atmosphere, Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

My new wife and I shared an intimate, quite dinner at this secluded restaurant. Very reasonably priced. It is not a place that is packed out and the atmosphere here was romantic and perfect for our dinner. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive. They serve cuisine from Asia and Thia and have other meals as well. A must visit in the Dominican Republic.

1 Thank MWeiser1