“Great food, reasonable prices, lovely atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Balicana

Balicana
Ranked #13 of 279 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Balicana is located in the middle of green gardens, where you can enjoy the typical flavors of Asian cuisine, prepared at home using fresh ingredients, in an intimate place where joy of food is priority.
Toronto, Ontario
“Great food, reasonable prices, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

My sister and I visited Balicana last night for dinner. When we arrived around 7:30 we were only the second table, but by the time we left around 9pm the restaurant was almost full. We had a beautiful spot by the pool.

The food here is delicious and comes out fairly quick. Our waiter, whose name I unfortunately don't know, was super! Really friendly and always on top of things... great service. We ordered two apps - chicken satay and veggie spring rolls - and both were yummy. I ordered fried rice with beef tenderloin and my sister ordered the veggie wok with chicken. Large portions but delicious, and I was able to bring my leftovers home for lunch. For dessert we got the cheesecake roll - highly recommend. I wish we had each gotten two! Crispy wonton filled with cheesecake and baked apple pieces, rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with coconut ice cream. A bargain at only 150 pesos!

All in all reasonable prices and great food. Definitely recommend.

PS. They are open 7-11pm for dinner, so don't go too early or too late!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank barretjl

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Excellent food for great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I used to visit Balicana with my wife twice at month, I can confirm their food and services area tremendous. The prices are liable and you get into a very quiet environment.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank alvinmonegro
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food in peaceful environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

First night in Bavaro we checked out Balicana. We were the only patrons at the time and enjoyed having the place by the pool to ourselves. Staff was extremely friendly. Food came out fast and was excellent. They can make all of their dishes vegetarian, and the green curry with tofu was quite good. Not exactly true Thai style food, but a good meal nonetheless.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mufasa3422
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Excellent food and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Excellent thai food with great service and great ambiance. Very good desserts and very cold beers. We sat right next to the pool by the moon light.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank jystefan
Manassas, Virginia, USA
“Great Service and Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

The atmosphere here is very nice. The food is good and the staff is very honest too!!! I left my credit card there on a Saturday night. They were closed Sunday. Monday I returned and my card was waiting. It doesn't get better than that.

• Visited April 2014