“Fabulous place, great food and very well priced”
Review of Balicana

Balicana
Ranked #29 of 352 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Balicana is located in the middle of green gardens, where you can enjoy the typical flavors of Asian cuisine, prepared at home using fresh ingredients, in an intimate place where joy of food is priority.
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We stay in the El Cortecito area a few times per year and will visit Balicana at least 3 times per week. The service is exceptional, the food is superb, the location and atmosphere are outstanding (off the tourist path) and the value for money is the best I have found in Punta Cana. Keep up the good work Balicana we will be back this week!

1  Thank Stewart C

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This restaurants offers a variety of Asian style dishes such as soops, noodles, curries, and rice. Simple and delicious! The location, in the middle of the Los Corales residential is perfect, the terrasse is surrounded by lushious vegetation and colourful flowers. Also a great place to spend the afternoon in the week, nice lunch menu for a very small price, and the opportunity to take a dip at the pool right by. The very sympathics owners are often there, making sure service and quality of the food is always at the best.

1  Thank Runners A
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We went to Dominican Republic on holiday in August 2013. We stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe. Unfortunately vegetarian food in the hotel was not good. Girish who works in the Hotel suggested the Balicana to us - Thanks Girish. Very warm welcome by the Owner, Sinuhe, and we were looked after by a young waiter who spoke fluent English. When I said I was a vegetarian - straight away - he said no problem - I can cook you any food on the menu using tofu and vegetables. The service was very fast. The fresh passion juice was delicious. The whole concept of the restaurant was good - outdoor eating under a Thatched roof - floating lotus candles in the swimming pool - citronella candles burning all around - no insects biting us - very peaceful atmosphere. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Domincian Republic - not to be missed. Excellent value. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Balicana. Thanks to the waiter and to Sinuhe and Patricia. Well done!

With kind regards

Raj and Tina Shah.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I visited Balicana. We were in search of good Thai food. That is what we got. The service was very good and the food was flavorful - what you expect from Thai cuisine. The outdoor dining is nice - aside from a few mosquitos. However, they offer bug repellent if you desire it.

My only suggestion would be adding more heat to the food. Even when I ordered the spiciest they offered, I found that it still lacked heat.

I will definitely revisit when in Bavaro.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

very nice cuisine,great views by the pool, and the service was very good. The prices are reasonable and the food is delicious