“Excellent vacation, couldn't find much to complain about”

Presidential Suites - Punta Cana
Ranked #51 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The entertainers kept you on your feet from shorty, gabby, Mimi me, blues Wellington and DJ. The food was amazing , they are constantly serving you and are always on top of making you happy. Our room cleaner was dimitrias she was amazing as well always accommodating our needs. At the beach bar I will never forget santo he made my week. The foam party which is every Tuesday was the best . Milton at the front desk is very helpful too. Great service I can't complain with the exception that there wifi does suck.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2014

So we went for a girls trip and absolutely fell in love with this place. The beach is really breathtaking! Everything you would imagine, like a fairy tail. It was our first time in Dominican Republic so this experience was everything we wished for.

The staff were great. We had the all inclusive plan and it was wonderful laying out in the beach and ordering drinks. We definitely enjoyed the animation crew. Gabriel is the best!!!!! He remember all our names and made us feel special. He was alway smiling - from 10am to 11pm!!! Thank you Gabriel.

Now to the rooms. They were nice a big! We were on the 4th floor so we got a rooftop balcony which was amazing! (Everyone on the 4th floor seems to have a balcony so try to request one).

We went out to a club near by. It was a lot of fun - not too far from the resort. We got our Dominican experience!! Can't wait for the next!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Isabella279
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This was a last minute trip to DR, Punta Cana, we stayed there from July24-July29.. Based on the previous reviews I was a bit scared to book the vacation especially with the theft review but let me tell you, we had no problems or anything to say about Presidential suites. The staff at the resort makes you fell welcomed at the checking in and you get a beautiful apartment with two large bathrooms and the place was clean and we had cleaning service everyday. The beach was amazing and beautiful, the staff there have the most amazing costumer service and they all wear a badge that says "WE WORK FOR YOU", they are always coming to you asking, can i get you a drink or do anything for you. The place became a home to me, the staff becomes family and we met many wonderful people from all over. They have plenty activities in the day time and the show on the beach were amazing especially the Michael Jackson one... As for food, they had options but the only thing I suggest is that they improve their buffet dinner menu with more options but for Breakfast you have all the options plus and also for lunch... I LOVED LOVED LOVED my stay there and I want go back soon. I posted the pics of vacation on facebook and I was getting tons of messages inquiring about the resort.

Room Tip: For safety check your windows to make sure they are closed. And also rent the save for 3days per day...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My girlfriend and I got back from a girls trip a month ago from a 7 night stay at the Presidential Suites in Punta Cana. Just wanted to stay that is was Awesome! We were treated great from start to finish and the entertainment crew were amazing which were Capuchino, Siliva, Stephanie, Gabriel, Minimi and Ramon. These guys were the best ever and made us feel like they new us for years and we have a lot of fun with them they were the best ever. The grounds were immaculate and the service was even better than that. The Italian restaurant with Pablo Roderiquiz and Japanese restaurant with Santiago was amazing the food was great and so was the staff. When they say that we work for you that is exactly what they mean the service at this resort was the best ever and we travel every year to a different resort. The ocean was breathtaking we would go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I just got home from a 5 night stay at the Presidential Suites and it was wonderful! We were a bit nervous about the resort based on past reviews but decided to book it anyway because we got such a great deal from CheapCarribbean.com, and I am so glad we did! First off, for anyone concerned about booking through them, don't be! We had no issues with booking and their service was wonderful. We booked our airport transportation through Cheap Caribbean and we received wonderful service from their transportation service, Amstar. Amstar had a representative at the hotel everyday for any questions we may have had. They also provided safe and reliable excursion services. We took advantage of the free shopping shuttle that they provided.
As far as the resort itself goes, it was beautiful. The beach is beautiful and the beds are very comfy. The water is calm and a perfect temperature. The biggest complaint we had was that there was quite a bit of seaweed around, but it really wasn't a big deal. The pools are always clean and the water is the perfect temperature. Our room was very clean and we had plenty of space. When we arrived, we requested a top floor room in the hopes of receiving a rooftop balcony. They told us that there weren't any currently available so instead they upgraded us to a two bedroom room. We were on the second floor, not on the pool side. Our balcony view was nothing special but we did not hear any parking lot noise that other reviewers have complained about.
My two biggest concerns were the food and having our room broken into. We had no problem with either of these things. The food was good and we had nothing stolen from us. Everyone we spoke to agreed with us that they were also nervous about these things, but had no problems with either. We enjoyed all of our meals and the drinks were delicious. We rented the safe for $3 a day and all of our belongings were safe in there.
The timeshare presentation is something you have to deal with. We were approached immediately and we decided to just get it over with. It took about two hours and in return they give you two small bottles of Mama Juana. It's an annoyance, but we expected it.
Overall, we had an excellent trip. The resort has only been open for 7 months so I'm sure they are still working out some kinks. Any complaints we had were very minor. My biggest issue was that on our last 2 days there I got a bad stomach ache. My boyfriend also experienced this, but not as bad. We aren't sure if it was something we ate or drank. It could have also been from something we sampled on our day out shopping. My biggest suggestion would be to make sure that you bring medicine with you and also use bottled water for brushing your teeth, just to be safe. Also, no on on the resort tells you this but inside the spa there is an area where they sell sunscreen, medicines, etc. This is good to know in case you are in need of anything and don't want to leave the resort.

Room Tip: There's a counter inside the spa that sells sunscreen, medicine, etc.
1  Thank Krista C
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The ocean was breathtaking, the food was delicious, the drinks were amazing and constant. The service was AWESOME! The room was huge, the grounds were immaculate. All employees wore badges that said 'We Work For You,' and they did...very hard, and always with a smile on their faces. I got back one week ago today and am still on a high...and I can't wait to go back, to this same beach, same resort. Heaven on earth. The beds on the beach were amazing and always available...I'm not sure I'd be happy at any other hotel. It was like I had landed in Heaven. If I had to have a criticism it was the view from our room...it was kinda awful...but we were only there at night, so it really didn't even matter. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! DO IT! PICK THIS ONE!

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Presidential Suites, Punta Cana and are very happy with our experience. Based on the previous reviews regarding theft, we were a little worried about our stay but luckily we didn't experience any problems.

The staff were very welcoming and the hotel grounds are lovely. The rooms were spacious and the kitchen came in quite handy since we did not participate in the all inclusive option. We found that there were plenty of restaurants around the hotel. There is a BAM market and several restaurants (Brazillian, Cuban, a pastry shop, etc.) an eight minute walk out of the front gate to the left and immediately to the right of the hotel is a pizza place and a french restaurant. There are also several places to get fresh fish along the beach. We spoke to several guests and like the reviews here, many people had mixed reviews about hip the food so we didn't regret not taking the all inclusive.

Back to the hotel. The staff do work hard to keep the grounds and beach in great shape, however, housekeeping could use some improvement. It took several attempts to get washcloths and our housekeeper never brought them consistently. I just gave up asking after a couple of days. We did have a 30 minute window where our water was off, but it only happened once during our 7 night stay. As some reviewers stated previously, the finish work in the rooms are sub par. There was a hole in the wall by the closet door in the main bathroom and some wires hanging out of the wall by one of the tables. There was also corrosion on the pipes and sections of the wall that were sparkled and not finished correctly. These things were not deal breakers for us, but the property is so lovely that it would seem that they would pay more attention to detail.

The best part of the hotel was the beach! My husband and I took in the ocean views while lounging on the hammocks and beach beds every morning of our stay. The animation team comes out around 10am and give Spanish lessons, aerobics classes, volleyball games etc. They are very friendly and do encourage guests to participate. We got quite a few laughs watching other guest playing the games on the beach. Also don't miss the foam party on the beach! That was pretty awesome! Thanks to Gabriel for the Spanish lessons! He was absolutely awesome!

We didn't do the timeshare presentation, we just said no a few times and that was that. The guys following people around on the beach and pool is definitely a downside. They have your name, check in date, and room number on a list so they tell you that you have a welcome gift and the chance to have breakfast or lunch at the hotel, but that is the timeshare presentation. If you eat breakfast or lunch, they expect at least an hour of your time in return so be careful saying yes if you don't want to be bothered.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would probably return to this hotel if we go back to Punta Cana. The beach is definitely the best in the area and the staff aims to please. The nightly shows, especially the Michael Jackson tribute, are fun and offer entertainment without having to venture outside of the hotel. Oh and the couple's massage at the spa was awesome! Very relaxing.

Room Tip: Stay on the 4th floor! Also check your laundry room windows to make sure they are secure
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Capri Beach House Hotel & Restaurant
Tako Beach Rooms
Tako Beach Rooms
#3 of 16 in Bavaro

Been to Presidential Suites - Punta Cana? Share your experiences!