Presidential Suites - Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)
whala!bavaro(Punta Cana)
  • Pool
2,461 results
All reviewsentertainment staffbasil tomatoesdecadence restaurantbedroom suitefull kitchensmall resortbeach barcheap caribbeanvip bartime sharethe wait staffbeach bedsbeach staffentertainment groupsales pitchvip servicehaving fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2014

During the second week of March, my family (wife and adult children) and I traveled to the Presidential Suites in Punta Cana. Due to the incredibly low all inclusive package price we received at Cheap Caribbean.com, we were all extremely skeptical about what we were going to receive.

WOW. I still cannot believe they can provide such an amazing week for such a price. The beach and the staff at the Presidential Suites was picture perfect. We walked up and down the surrounding beach for miles and never saw a resort that was even close to the beach front amenities that Presidential Suites provided.

I cannot say enough about their staff. All of the beach, restaurant and bar staff members were incredibly attentive, but our absolute favorite was Fernando. We wanted for nothing in his presence, and I truly felt like he cared about our happiness. The entertainment staff; Charlie, Felix, Mini-Me and a beautiful young woman who’s name I did not get, kept the days as busy as you could want and the evening shows a campy delight.

The breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent, but the dinner service was lacking. We found Dominican food in general to be bland; however, there was never a time when we went hungry. The hotel is trying to sell VIP memberships to their travel club, but we were able to avoid their sales pitches altogether. The dinner problems I mentioned is centered around the fact that they reserve three quarters of the tables in the Italian and Japanese restaurants for VIP members. If you do not get a reservation between 9:00 and 9:05 am for the two specialty restaurants, then you have to eat in the main restaurant, Decadence. Not really that big of a deal, but you will be sick of the Decadence dinner menu after a few days.

The rooms are nice. I would have fired their tile and grout installers, but overall very nice. The cleaning staff does a good job and I really cannot complain. There were a few ants, geckos and a little sewer gas now and then, but again you got a ton for the money spent.

So my recommendation… GO, relax on a picture perfect beach, get a little drunk and let the staff wait on you hand and foot. Just don’t forget to bring about 50-100 bucks, per person, in small bills to tip the heck out of the staff, it is really worth it!

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor if you can help it.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I want to thank the staff for making the vacation as fun and enjoyable as it was! A special thanks to Charlie, Felix, Cappuccino, and Wilson for always being so friendly and full of energy. Thanks for dancing the night away! As a part of the LHVC family we are always impressed with the energy and effort used to make each vacation a time to remember!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Allie B
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We booked this through Cheap Caribbean and the whole experience with them was great from airport to resort and from resort, back to airport. PS Punta Cana was great, we traveled 5/3 to 12/3 with family and friends and we could not have had a better time. Both families have been moaning ever since we got back( everyone wanting to go back ). 1. Accommodation, we checked in and there was a 3 bedroom suite waiting for us, what more can I say ( special mention to Margerita our house maid, we had bed art everyday and she was a great person ). The staff in the office were great, Poalo checked us in and there was champagne as well. 2. The grounds were immaculate, the pools cleaned every day. 3. Beach, was fantastic, we managed to get a few loungers and a bed everyday that we were there, the cabana staff were excellent, with fresh towels on hand and always willing to move beds around for you. 4. Food, I have read so many reviews on the food and I wonder how some people eat at home.........the food was great, I don't care what your tastes are like, there was something for everyone ( and the food is not bland we found it tasty and with a variety of spices ). The omelette counter was my favourite hangout in the morning, with bacon sausage and fresh fruit. The coffee needs special mention, if you are a connoisseur this has to be at the top of your list. Fortunately we found it here at home and we are hooked. 5. Catering staff and servers, these people worked tirelessly to meet your every need. Edison and his crew were the greatest on the beach, if you reached for the menu someone was there asking if you wanted a drink or a snack. Once befriended the marathon started and your glass was never empty. 6. The entertainment staff ( APLAUSOS, APLAUSOS ) I have never seen such a bunch of people engage in activities with such enthusiasm, never pushy and always making sure you were having a good time. So Felix, Cappuccino, Wilson, Charlie and Mini Me, you guys made our vacation.
One more thing to remember about the great staff at this resort, tipping and showing your appreciation for their hard work goes a long way, they deserve it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank FourWheels44
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was fortunate enough to experience this resort with a group of friends, in total there was six of us and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at this location. Even though there were some communication issues with some of the servers and entertainers. (or lack there of for a better word for them) They had impeccable service and seriously went above and beyond for any staff I have ever had the pleasure to deal with while on vacation. I've been to plenty of resorts and travel a lot so when I say this place was amazing, it truly was. The two staff members that stood out the most for me while on my trip was easily Raul a waiter and Felix one of the entertainers at the resort.

Felix always approached with a smile on his face and was very informative about the events for the day as well as goading you and your friends into joining the festivities. Whether they were Volleyball/Yoga/Dance/Language lessons during the day or just one of the many parties/entertainment on the resort scheduled for the evening. Raul was by far my favorite waiter/person at the resort, even though we had a slight communication barrier in the beginning, by the end of the trip by the end I always found myself searching for him and setting up on the beds in his area for service.

Like all the reviews before me, there was definitely an odd raw sewage smell and it didn't matter if you were on the first floor suites or third floor suites because it was there if you turned on your A/C units. For the most part, if you just opened a window or door it went away fairly fast and the smell only came from the unit in the main space and not in the individual bedrooms that we stayed in. Getting house cleaning to come by when people are hanging out in the room is difficult and getting them to come after 12 when everyone was gone also proved to be difficult. For the most part, we pretty much used the rooms for sleeping, showering, and storing our belongings so aside from that we never stayed too much in the rooms.

Security at the resort was amazing when it came to keeping locals from coming up to us to sell stuff and harass us while lounging on the beds but they didn't really care if the college kids on spring break decided to scream up a storm at 2am. Which I'd totally be okay with normally if it wasn't for the fact that one of our group members got sick and couldn't sleep due to the noise.

All in all, the resort was small but not so small that everything felt too intimate. I was able to befriend and get to know a lot of the staff members and will enjoy all the fond memories they help create while there.

As a note for the food, the asian inspired restaurant Kimono was good, not great but very good. There were a few dishes I was disappointed in but thats only because I'm a foodie so i have a high standard for food but I have to say that was definitely way better than Tomato and Basil the Italian place on the resort. Though their "pizzas" weren't technically pizza and all my NYC/Chicago friends would slap me for even saying it was pizza, I still enjoyed it more than their other dishes. Oh yes, they don't care if one person orders two or three entrees since it was all inclusive, they just kept bringing it out to me.

Room Tip: Buildings 5 and 6 are the closest to the beach, so they are also the noisiest during the evening festivities.
1  Thank Alan N
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A friend and I stayed at PS Punta Cana 3/6 through 13, 2014, and could not have had a better time. We booked through Cheap Caribbean in November and got an awesome bargain.

At check in we were immediately upgraded to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment on the third floor (room 3201). The accommodations were very spacious, clean and comfortable. Though the water went off one day for about 15 minutes, we didn't experience any problem with the power throughout our stay. The ac unit was leaking when we checked in, but the gentleman who brought our bags to the room had it fixed immediately, and it worked flawlessly from then on.

The beach was one of the most beautiful we have seen on our numerous trips to the DR, and the beach beds and loungers were the most comfortable we have ever experienced. The staff was always quick to move the loungers wherever you asked, and always had fresh towels on hand.

The food was better than at most all-inclusives we've stayed at, with an a'la carte dinner each night, and having beach service of food and drink all day long was most welcome (thanks, Ruben). The bartenders, as well, were eager to please and quick to serve.
The entertainment staff was very friendly and outgoing. Special thanks to "Cappuccino" (Henry), who was especially nice.

Though I've ready many complaints about the time-share reps being relentless, we were only approached once during our stay, and a simple but firm "not interested" did the trick.

Other than the nightly shows, there's not much nightlife happening at this resort (no casino, no disco), but for us that did not detract from our stay at all.

If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing vacation with top notch service and beautiful accommodations, I recommend PS Punta Cana very very highly.

1  Thank Lislazz