“Best Spot for a Destination Wedding”
Review of Kukua Beach Club

Kukua Beach Club
Ranked #21 of 319 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A place with soul!! Kukua is an exclusive Restaurant Beach Club located on the wonderful Bavaro Beach, in our facilities you can relax on the beach and pool area and enjoy the best fresh seafood and fish caught daily by our local fishermen. The best place to celebrate your Wedding Ceremony and Reception or a romantic dinner on the beach.
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Best Spot for a Destination Wedding”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

As destintion weddings become more and more popular, you can not find a better spot than this. Forget the hotel packages, they can't compare with the experience of the Kukua Beach Club. From before our arrival, until the last guest was put in a taxi, this was a remarkable experience combining the best of a destination with a fantastic venue. Beautiful private beach, wonderful food and service all were top natch. Wedding coordinator Bego was wonderful to deal with, creative and committed to making certain her guests have the most memorable time. Everyone of our 50 guests said this was the best wedding they had attended ever. So if you want to travel to a beautiful location and have a wedding you truly will remember the rest of your life - go to the Kukua Beach Club.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Jeff V

• Polish first
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Wedding Better Then We Could Have EVER Imagined!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

To Make a long story short, we had planned on having another venue but last minute( and by last minute i mean 2 weeks before the wedding) we had to change our venue to the Kukua Restaurant. Bego was so helpful and right away asked me to send her my guest list, how I wanted people to sit for the dinner, music and decoration images.

She responded to my emails very quickly and professionally. I still was nervous about everything( only because of previous complications) but all that went away when we went for the food tasting. The Staff was amazing, and Bego showed me all the place cards, decorations and dinner menus for the guests, I was completley blown away with it all.

The day of the wedding was honestly better than i could have ever imagined. When we arrived and I saw all the decorations and how everything came together I was shocked, it looked even better then the preview she had given us when we had gone for our taste testing. The decor went with our look and theme of the wedding, and she did far better than i could have ever imagined.

The staff was very quick to fill up drinks when they were near empty, and they kept making sure everything was fine. I cant say enough about how professional and polite the staff was. My Husband even made one of our guests take a picture with us and our waiter because he was so amazing.

I had sent Bego a list of the music we wanted, and the D.J was perfect and played our list. everything went smoothly and Bego kept looking at me making sure everything was fine. I couldnt have asked for a better day, or venue. The best decision we ever made was with the Kukua Restaurant. Our guests raved about the food and they even want to return there because they said it was the best meal they have had since being in Punta Cana.

My husband never tells me how good things are, he is shy and never really expresses himself. He told me how good i did on planning the wedding, and he was so happy that we picked the Kukua Restaurant. He had originally wanted me to save the money and do something at the resort after our first venue failure, but he said he is so glad we ended up at the Kukua. To me the greatest compliment was from my husband.

We will be going back to Punta Cana next year for our anniversary and we will for sure be making a stop at the Kukua restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Nadine P
Columbus, Ohio
“AMAZING WEDDING AT KUKUA!!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Kukua on March 15th and had the most wonderful experience! Bego is an unbelievably talented woman who listens to every little detail you want for your wedding and makes it happen (plus more). During the entire planning process Bego got back to me usually within a day or two and I don't know how she did it with all the other weddings I know she's planning. She never got me mixed up with another bride which made me feel special :)

We had a food/drink tasting a few days before our wedding which was far beyond what we expected. We had such a great time with Bego and her staff that we didn't want to leave to go back to our resort! We were thrilled with the layout of the restaurant because there are many options to fit your personal style. We chose the private beach area for our ceremony and the pool areas for our cocktail hour/dinner/reception. The restaurant is clean and very well kept, and the location on the beach is breathtaking! We were blown away by the quality of the food and drinks!!

On the day of our wedding Bego knew i was nervous, so she completely took the pressure off me by taking charge of the other vendors we hired for the music and photography and I didn't have to worry about a thing! The entire night was an absolute dream! Bego really understood the specific "feeling" I wanted at our wedding and that I was a detail oriented person. No problem, because she is too!! I also have to take a moment to compliment the rest of the Kukua staff because they are incredible too! All the waiters and bar tenders were extremely attentive to our group and very kind/friendly. My glass was never empty and the waiter even noticed when I spilled something and my napkin and it needed to be replaced. The entire evening we were thrilled to have guests tell us how beautiful everything was, how much they loved the restaurant and what a great time they were having! Nobody stopped dancing the entire night :) I mean it when I say that Bego, her family and her staff truly feel like they became a part of our family!! We were so sad to leave and have already been talking about which anniversary to go back to Punta Cana and eat at Kukua with Bego! This was an unforgettable experience and I have zero complaints! Any brides looking for a special location to have their wedding should book Kukua if their date is available!! Thanks Kukua staff for EVERYTHING! :) XOXO Elizabeth & Mike

• Visited March 2013
8 Thank ElizabethPB107
Ottawa
“My fairytale wedding - Even better than in my dreams!!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

First off, I just want to let any future brides know that if you are thinking of booking here, do NOT think twice. My new husband and I, along with our 38 guests were treated with impeccable service and warmth - never have I had better quality anywhere else. Everything was simply AMAZING!!!!

Communication with Bego was very easy; everything is done through email, and she is very welcoming with pictures and ideas. Response time was perfect, and I did not have to wait longer than a few days for any of my answers. During the last couple weeks leading up to the wedding, response time was within hours.

My husband and I went for a tasting a couple of days before the wedding, and we were so, so impressed with Bego's organization and excitement regarding our day. She had a welcome drink waiting for us (champage sangria - amazing!!), and we sampled every item off our menu, which was octopus ceviche, natural fries, chicken ceaser salad with chicken croquettes, main course chicken & fish, and then creme brulee and cheesecake. Everything was amazing and we were so satisfied with the quailty of the delicious food and service! Bego even had our menucards and placecards all finished and decorated beautifully.

Wedding day - breathtaking. As I write this review, I am getting goosebumps. The whole reception was excellent and blew us all away. Decor was more beautiful than I could have imagined, from the floating candle in the pool, to the welcome table; everything was just magical. Food was delicious, and enjoyed by all. DJ and MC, as well as the dance floor area with a cover over the small pool was so worth it!!

I could go on forever about this amazing venue and restaurant...One thing that stood out the most was the attentiveness of the staff and servers. They are simply the best. Whenever a guest's drink was near empty, someone was there to replenish it with whatever they wanted, both at dinner and during the dance.

To all future brides - if you are lucky enough to have your wedding day available at Kukua Beach Club, book and don't think twice!!! Your day will be one that you will cherish forever.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank cayj1879
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great escape from our all inclusive!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Beautiful walk down the beach from our all inclusive where we thought the food was terrible. The food at Kukua is very good and we would have visited there every night had they not been closed for private parties! Excellent service, fresh catch, reasonable prices. I would recommend to anyone who wants to escape their all inclusive!

• Visited January 2013