WINNER WONDERLAND

$169.00*
and up
Iberostate Bávaro Golf Course Package
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the fabulous Iberostate Bávaro Golf & Club, created by leading designer P. B. Dye. This magnificent course boasts a length of 6,897 yards, a rating of 73, and a 126 slope. The 105 white silica sand bunkers dotted throughout the course form an eye-catching contrast with the intensely green Supreme Paspalum grass, perfect for this tropical region. Together with the lakes, streams, and even some desert-like features, it creates a combination of colors that is impossible to be forgotten. Simply put, an irresistible temptation for both Pro and Amateur guests staying either at our fine Iberostar properties or at any other resort nearby.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good Single Golfer Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went alone and easily golfed through foursome in front of me. Course was well maintained, challenging and fun to play. Staff was friendly and willing to assist.

2 Thank H G

Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Definitely play if you have a free round from Grand Bavaro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

It's hard to mess up a free round while you're on vacation, and this place was quite enjoyable. Course is in pretty good condition, although (i) no yardage markers other than typical 200/150/100 stakes and (ii) it's very, verrrry hot (no ocean breezes coming through here). Make sure to bring appropriate golf attire as this place has strict dress code. Try to play early, I played at 830am and that was still not early enough - the heat flares up dramatically by 10.

4 Thank bdriggs85
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good course, amazing greens but make sure you wear the correct clothing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

The course is beautiful and the greens are immaculate. However, I had to pay $180 to play, despite having a free round ($140 of clothes +$40 to rent clubs). I knew there was a dress code going in, but I took my wife along with me to ride around in the cart and catch some views. She wore a sports dress, which I assumed was 100% OK, but it turns out even women must wear collars, even on dresses. She didn't even play! The shirt and skirts were $70 each. I am probably at fault for trying to interpret the dress code, but I can assure you the clothes my wife bought were not worth $140.

With that said, I would golf there again... as long as its a 7am or 3pm tee time... the middle of the day is HOT.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Joe Z
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Resort Golf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I played a free round on my next to last day while staying at the Iberostar Grand Hotel and wish I'd booked a few more rounds earlier in the trip. I brought shoes with me and rented a decent set of Taylor Made clubs for $40. The staff at the course was efficient and friendly. The Course is meticulously maintained and the greens, even though a little wet during my early morning round, played perfectly. I'll absolutely be back when I return to the D.R.

3 Thank HBR982
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Challenging!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great service at Pro Shop! Great Beer Carts with sandwiches!
Target golf is the idea for this course. PB DYE JR. Design!

Visited May 2014