“Had it all to myself !” 4 of 5 bubbles

$169.00*
and up
Iberostate Bávaro Golf Course Package
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the fabulous Iberostate Bávaro Golf & Club, created by leading designer P. B. Dye. This magnificent course boasts a length of 6,897 yards, a rating of 73, and a 126 slope. The 105 white silica sand bunkers dotted throughout the course form an eye-catching contrast with the intensely green Supreme Paspalum grass, perfect for this tropical region. Together with the lakes, streams, and even some desert-like features, it creates a combination of colors that is impossible to be forgotten. Simply put, an irresistible temptation for both Pro and Amateur guests staying either at our fine Iberostar properties or at any other resort nearby.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Concord, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Had it all to myself !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I played here and really enjoyed it. The course is as good as any I play here in the states. The greens were bermuda and well maitained. This course I believe was fairly new as they were still developing the grounds around the cartpaths. Easy course if you are hitting it straight and long and I was ! Finnaly ran into another golfer on the 15th hole. He said he paid $235 to play the course. I played for free because I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro. Good course, well worth bringing those clubs for if your going on vacation to Punta Canna ! Lots of wildlife, pink flamingo's, ducks and geese.

Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great resort course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We played two rounds of golf during our stay. The course was in excellent condition and was a challenge. The staff in the clubhouse were very nice as were the starters and staff on the course.

Visited June 2013
Yeovil, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Course Exceptional Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have played a few courses in the UK and Florida but this was my first in the Dominican and I have to say that it is the best course I have played. The course itself is immaculate, there are some really great holes and I think most importantly no matter your handicap you will have a fun round here.

For me what really stands out about this place is the customer service, from emailing before our trip to organise the round, to the pick up from an offsite hotel, the free upgrade to premium clubs as it was my birthday and the great staff in the pro shop and on the course, everything was spot on.

I will definitely be back at this golf course, and if all the iberostar staff are as good as this I will probably spend the extra money and stay at the grand.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must play!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I played 2 rounds here during my stay at the Iberostar Grand. The included golf with our package was a huge plus! I play 70+ rounds a year at home and was expecting a basic resort course....boy was I wrong! This course was fantastic. I played the black tees and found plenty of challenge. The front nine has some deep bunkers and surprising elevation changes. Both par 3s play 200 yds and were no pushover. The back nine was my favorite. Starting on the beautiful 10th hole you will notice a lot more water in play. 13-16 is a great stretch of holes with the par 5 14th playing 590yds with every shot being challenged by water. The course condition was fabulous. Fairways were like carpet and the greens had zero ball marks. Greens are a touch slow but with the constant wind and tourist play I wasn't expecting fast anyway. Some of the really deep bunkers need some attention but most were fine. The whole staff was great. I was picked up at the hotel right on time and immediately dropped off after. Grendy took great care of me by loading my clubs and filling the cooler with waters then cleaning everything after. Julian was on the beverage cart and found me multiple times each day. Yannick the GM took care of all my tee time requests. Do yourself a favor and check out this fun PB Dye layout.

2 Thank Greg H
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice Layout by PB Dye”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I really liked the layout of this course. There was elevation change, the tee boxes were flat and the greens rolled nicely. The only issue I had was the range. It was somewhat scarred and the balls were crappy.