“A Bit Confusing but Beautiful & Relaxing”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
The Midwest (USA)
“A Bit Confusing but Beautiful & Relaxing”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was our first time at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana and, while I did all my research, I was still a bit confused by all of the options. So we stayed at The Reserve, which is a resort within a resort. As far as I can tell this meant we had access to a specific part of the beach where chairs and umbrellas and towels were plentiful, could use the Gabi pool, could eat at Gabi Beach as part of our all inclusive and, of course, had access to our Reserve resort, which had another huge pool and spa and restaurants. Honestly, I hate the concept of elite on vacation, so it felt weird to me, even though I felt we had access to everything. That said, I think the guests with Royal service and/or family concierge also had a lot of access. The main resort, not the Reserve, has the gift shops and nightlife.
The good: Staff was excellent. The food was great-better than great. Fresh. Amazing resturants-Loved Aqua and Gabi Beach and Vento. Our son loved the hibachi places. Noberto went out of his way to make us great reservations each night. He helped us organize zip lining and horseback riding. The Reserve was quiet, the main pool was huge and never too full, kids pool had happy kids in it, lots of lounge chairs and towels and umbrellas by the pool too. The Reserve pools are amazing. Activities are great too- I did pilates and yoga and I loved the instructor-he was terrific. Water aerobics was a blast too. Our child enjoyed the magic show and some other activities for kids.
The bad: There was no escaping a time-share pitch- but the staff was very polite when we refused and I didn't think it changed anything in the way we were treated. The pools were dead by 630 and they say they do the chemicals at 7pm so there was no late night swimming-which seemed a crime with all the pools and a child eager to swim. Also we stayed 4 nights and they didn't have any openings for the free (included) snorkeling trip until after we left-and I checked the day we arrived. Even the snorkel for hire/glass bottom trips were booked up. That kind of annoyed me because it's what we came for and we paid for it but could not do it. In the end, we spent more time at the pool than at the beach.
BTW there's one English kids channel on the tv, I think it's Nickelodeon, but we didn't spend enough time in the room for it to matter.
The Reserve is like the shy, quiet cousin of the main resort and it suited us very well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank RiaDarling
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to write your comments after having stayed with us.

The comments and suggestions of our customers are of the utmost importance and assistance to us. I regret to hear your perception about our time sharing.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future to your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,519)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was the second time that we were able to spent time at this incredible resort. It's the perfect way to spend quality time with someone you love. It's picture perfect, romantic and convenient. The service is outstanding, food is very good and the activities are there if you choose to participate. We did a bit of both.. Our goal was to relax, play, relax, eat, relax play and enjoy the ambiance. I highly recommend this wonderful resort...I love the attitude of the people who work there...you never tire of "It's my pleasure" when you ask for assistance!!
Can't wait to return once again.

Room Tip: Request the Reserve area if possible. You can't go wrong!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie93063
Dear guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had a superb experience with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received.

The Reserve team awaits you soon at your second home for a next dream vacation at paradise.

Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by several managers and assistants who instantly made us feel welcome. We were told not to worry about anything and were shown to the buffet to start our vacation. We asked for a room change because we did not want to be on the second floor due to having 2 small children and it was done without issue. Our bags were delivered to our room, all dinner reservations were made and anything we needed was done immediately.
The entire resort is spotless and the grounds are constantly being up-kept, as well as all common areas. Our room was cleaned twice per day and every staff member paid extra attention to our two young children. The food that was available throughout the day at the Hydro Grill was top notch and made to order and if you make a request it will be delivered to you poolside. All of the staff, and chefs, at the Hydro Grill pay attention to every detail, prepare specific requests not on the menu and always inquire about your satisfaction. Each night we went to a different restaurant and were very pleased with the quality of the cuisine, except for Bana Bistro (the food tasted good, but took too long to bring it out, it was cold and we had to wait for a long time to even bring water to the table). The Internet connection was not reliable, so if you need to check your email or work while on vacation, that may become an issue.

Overall, it was an excellent experience, highly recommend the hotel and will return.

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike w
Dear Mike,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had a wonderful time at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication demonstrated our staff.

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments and I look forward to host your next stay in this paradise.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was our first time in the Dominican and it was fantastic. We stayed at the Reserve and it was beautiful. Everyone was incredibly polite, the service was fantastic and the room was beautiful. They had a lot of fun activities to help break up our day and every dinner we had was phenomenal. The only thing that was average was the buffet for breakfast and lunch - but that was still average, not bad. I'm already planning on going back in February!

Room Tip: Ground level has a walk out straight into a pool - we were on the second floor which still had a hot...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Katie,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I look forward to have the opportunity to host you again soon at this, your second home.

East Northport, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2014

First off let me say this wasn't my first time at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort, and will not be my last. Last year I had an excellent vacation that was unforgettable. Upon my arrival to the Reserve I was greeted by Lara, she checked me in and went over the amenities of the resort, things to do and places to eat. The bellman who assisted me with my luggage was Francisco. Upon entering the room, I was greeted by my personal concierge Rudy Peno, who wanted to make sure that my stay was comfortable as possible and if I needed anything, anything at all, that I can count on him. I also want to thank the head of housekeeping, Agueda Berroa, for keeping a my room clean & refreshed. The room that I stayed in was number 4304, this is a private & quiet, at the end of the long continuous swimming pool so you don't have children or any other guests swimming in front of your suite. Plus the location of the room is centrally located, right off the Gabi Club, a few steps away from the Hydro Grill & the Reserve reception lounge area. The food all around was excellent, not one bad meal. The beach is only half a mile away from the room. I would walk to the beach every morning it only took me about seven minutes to get there, but if you wanted there would always be a cart driving around to take you throughout the resort. The Yhi Spa, I had massage therapist Ivelise Ramos. She did an above and beyond job making me feel comfortable and relaxed. The Wi Fi reception was very spotty at times. Overall, considering, with some minor imperfections, my stay was very relaxing and enjoyable. I would highly recommend a swim-up suite, well worth the extra cost. Thank You again to all the staff, from The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort, I will be back.

Room Tip: Swim up suite, well worth the extra cost. Building 40 is the furthest from the Gabi club, but closes...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Rob H
Dear Rod,

Knowing all your expectations were exceeded and reading your compliments of the great service you have received from Lara, Rudy, Francisco, Agueda and Ivelisse makes me very happy! You may rest assured they will received your compliments.

I hope you come back in the near future to your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Kind regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went to this resort a year ago. Had a great time with the family. The Family Conceirge Natalya was amazing, We had asked for milk and steamed veges every morning. Without fail 8 in the morning it had arrived. Even the activities for the kids in the room was great. She came around and took pics of our family. She made our trip so memorable.

The food was so wonderful, and so was the spa. The best spa I have ever been to. All the staff was so considerate for my dietary requirement. I was quite amazed.

Thanks Paradisus for such a great vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sm0219
Dear guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful time.

Thank you for preferring The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and we await you soon for a next amazing experience.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My wife & I returned to Punta Cana for our third visit. Previously we stayed at the Paradisus Punta Cana and were so pleased we joined the Sol Melia Vacation club. The Reserve at the Palma Real is great. The entire staff were friendly ,efficient and treated us royally. Staying at the Reserve we had access to all of the restaurants including some just for members. We also had reserved cabana's and waiter service at the beach . The staff at the Club Gabi could not have been nicer . They were all so helpful and friendly that I am sorry I didn't get all of their names to mention them here. I will mention Angela Mercedes the hostess at Aqua restaurant she did more than just check the reservation and seat you. She greeted us like favorite family members and checked to make sure our service and food was ok. It was great. At the Gabi beach restaurant Jose Mateo was fantastic. His recommendation for food were always great and the drinks went perfect with the food. On Wednesday evening there was a "Champagne Chic Cocktail at the main pool at the RESERVE" . there we met a number of the department managers who asked how our stay was going and when we saw them later in our stay they would go out of their way to come over and to make sure everything was good.Genaro GIL the Guest Service Manager was happy to hear that when we called guest services for club soda and cervesa for the mini bar they were delivered in less than 5 minutes. Martin Ubiera the food service manager asked about the food and service and we praised his staff and food. I would highly recommend this hotel and its truly exceptional staff . There is one more manager I must thank. Ms. Laura Alegre. at the cocktail she ask if there was anything she could do for us. My wife asked if the Hockey Playoffs were on the TV's in the hotel or casino (Rangers Canadians game 6) . She didn't know but said she would find out and get back to us. She searched us out at breakfast the next morning to tell us sorry but no. That is the first time we have had the Manager of any hotel let alone a great hotel offer such personal service. It also explains why everyone on staff at the Reserve gives such great service the leadership leads by example. Thank you Laura and staff. Mike and Pat ,Brooklyn NY

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael N
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your valuable comments, I am proud to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

I am sure this will be the first of uncountable fantastic vacation at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.