The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$457
Melia.com
$262
$230
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$414
$274
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$325
$710
$557
Hotels.com
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$315
HotelsClick
$168
TripAdvisor
7,839 results
All reviewsfamily conciergekids zonehydro grillgabi clubmain resortdinner reservationscarlos penagabi beachangela mercedesprivate gardenbedroom master suitereal resortblue agavepersonal conciergeyhi spafamily vacationgolf cart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I just spend 5 wonderful nights at the Reserve, in a beautiful ground floor suite with a an amazing private garden patio that led right to the pool. The privacy of these rooms is wonderful. The Reserve tends to be for families but was also perfect for couples that wanted some quiet and privacy. The main resort always seemed more crowded and loud. It was nice to come back to the Reserve pool area in the afternoon to just chill out. We never felt that the children over ran the pool area at all. There were so many places to lounge around the pool and areas that you never had trouble finding a spot.
The Hydro Grill lunch was excellent (especially the shrimp ceasar salad) the staff--Carlos and Raul were very attentive and we never waited for drink. We always bring $1 and $5 and tip during our stay --- a few dollars goes along way with the staff and they are very appreciative---but never expect a tip.
I have to mention Carlos Pena-- entertainment director-- he made everyone feel special and welcome and we had a great time, playing fun black-jack, and taking a mixology class.
We really enjoyed breakfast every morning at Gabi Club-- and Ricardo always greeted us with a smile and remembered how we liked our coffee and which juice we liked. Having 4 restaurants just for the Reserve is great-- we also had a great meal at Mizu.
I must say that at first I was skeptical of the distance to the beach---but the walk to the beach only took about 6-7 minutes and it was liking walking thru a botanical garden, absolutely beautiful. We did find that going to the main lobby was the easiest way to get a golf cart if you wanted one. The pool and beach area for the Reserve was large and the beach loungers were the best at the resort--with lots of palapas for shade. Service on the beach was good for us--Julian and Gabriel. We did bring insulated mugs-- drinks lasted longer and you could get a double right away.
We also had a very good steak dinner at Market Grill, and dinner at Vento was good too. The beach party was fun--Andy our waiter could not have been better. Buffet was cold due to wind, but not much you could do about that.
We really enjoyed the live music every evening at Avenue Bar--- it was nice to sit outside in the courtyard and have an after-dinner drink and dance.
Lastly our concierge Victor was wonderful and took really good care of us. I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for fun and relaxing vacation spot.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trvlover_9
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review about your recent stay with us. Positive comments such as yours serve as a great motivation for all of us.

I appreciate your compliments to the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by our team. I will gladly pass your comments to them.

Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded and that you will return to this paradise.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife, my two girls and I had a wonderful experience also this second time at the reserve. The kids club is fantastic and all care gives are great. Our kids loved it. We also enjoyed the pool, beach and tennis facicilitie. The tennis pros Andy and Carlos are great. The service staff overall is very friendly and helpful, eg Octaviano, Julio and Angela. We very much appreciate the privacy and smaller scale of the reserve area. The food in most restaurants was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for posting such a wonderful review about your recent stay with us.

I am glad to know that you have had a great experience in our property. Thank you for your compliments our staff, especially to Andy, Carlos, Octaviano, Julio and Angela. We are aware that it is thanks to our great team that we can accomplish our goal, the total guests’ satisfaction.

Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded and that you will return in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I had never taken our son so far away before (he is 18 months), but we wanted to get away from the cold NE but had a lot of requirements.
I was a bit nervous to begin with. Our son had been away with us before, but not out of the county. I didn't know what to expect from DR, had never stayed with a Melia Hotel, and generally have not had good experiences with an all-inclusive hotel.

From the moment we got out of the car, all nerves washed away. This resort was wonderful. The service, the amenities, the room, the options - everything was flawless.

We opted for the Family Concierge on a recommendation we read here - and I'm so happy we did. Andy was such a pro! Our son loved him, and it was another layer of calm; knowing that any question, change, baby need, we had was a phone call away.
Andy stocked our fridge with milk and juice - brought in a high chair to the room - arranged a babysitter so we could have a night to ourselves - simply; having his insight and help ensured we knew where to go and got a good table :-)

The Kid Zone was a huge hit with our son (and us). He loved taking a break from the sun and heat and playing with some familiar and some new toys. The staff were so professional and caring. It took our son 5 minutes before he was sitting on the lap of one of the women who worked there. He had a new friend, and we felt comfortable enough to leave and grab lunch at the pool. Kid Zone became a daily afternoon stop for him.

TIPS :
Don't worry if you forget something. They have all necessities on property if needed.
if you are prone to get bug bites, bring spray. I brought organic spray, Don't bring that. Bring the real stuff.

5  Thank bexterNYC

Dear guest,

I am very glad to know that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

It is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our services and facilities, as well as the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by Andy Constante. I will gladly pass your comments to him.

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments. I am looking forward to host your family next stay in this paradise.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We chose to go here for a family beach vacation. I have a 2yr old son and 4mos old daughter. Overall, we were very happy with the resort and experience and had a wonderful vacation. The resort was very family friendly. The food and service at the restaurants were excellent. The drinks and bartenders were excellent. This was some of the best food I've had at an all inclusive. Bolivar was an excellent server. We enjoyed having him. My son hated the Kids Club and cried both times we took him, but it looked like a nice facility and the childcare workers were friendly. (he has a nanny, so it may have been that he is not used to a daycare environment). We did have a babysitter for a night out and she was great. Our room was not cleaned the last day we were there, not sure why, but when I called, they sent someone to clean it right away. Did not meet any supervisors/managers and not really sure how to find them-never had anyone introduce themselves or check on our stay who identified themselves as such. We were pressured to go to a club Melia talk (sort of like a timeshare), which I did not appreciate. The kids pool and yhi spa were great! The rooms were awesome, and we loved the balcony with jacuzzi. The Punta Cana airport was unairconditioned and miserably hot. We were not greeted with water or a cool towel upon arrival, which would have been nice. Would have a liked a room by the ocean, but not possible if not in the club. Golf carts were on time to take us for the most part. Overall, would recommend and go back to this resort-would want to avoid the airport though, maybe fly into another one.

1  Thank mboekhaus
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have 3 boys, 17, 16 and 9. We visited the property in March 2014 and had a great time. The property was clean and the help was fantastic. The food was good which is better than I expected at an all inclusive. Always something for each of the kids to do, golf, tennis, kids club, beach activities etc. The catamaran trip my wife booked off property was great and our first experience snorkeling. The Reserve pools/property were less "busy" than the main hotel yet it was at full capacity. I'd have no problem coming back to this property and my kids are already asking for a return trip (rare). The golf is NOT all-inclusive. At $75 per person for a cart (2 waters and 4 beers included) it was a good deal for a nice course. Greens were above average and rolled nice, next time I'm taking a chain saw and ridding the course of the many small trees in the fairways (not that I saw many fairways)....The tennis courts were nice but I'd recommend they turn one of them into a basketball court. I believe another property up the street had basketball - that would have been a big hit with many of the younger/older guests at the hotel. A previous tip on TA regarding bringing $200 in singles and $200 in five dollar bills was great. We like to tip and the help really appreciated the gesture. We had 2 rooms adjoining and would leave $5 in each room for the help each day....the first 2 days they only took the tip from our room and would place the money from the kids bed onto a table, we had to chase them down to let them know it was for them.

I'd recommend the Reserve. The service and people working at the property are great - you will be happy you brought the dollars for tipping!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jason C

Dear Jason,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had a wonderful time at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication demonstrated by our staff.

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments and I look forward to host your next stay in this paradise.