“Stellar service and personalized experience”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Stellar service and personalized experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary and spent 3 glorious days at the all-inclusive “The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real” resort, and we cannot say enough about the resort’s staff, almost everyone that we met was cordial, accommodating and offered a pleasant smile. Selected staff made us feel like part of the family throughout our entire stay.

The resort has an amazing picturesque view, surrounded by beautiful landscaping and impeccably clean accommodation with luxurious bath amenities by Thierry Mugler. Guests at The Reserve were entitled to utilize the facilities at the Paradisus Palma Real resort as well. We booked a One Bedroom Suite and were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a beautifully appointed Suite overlooking the pool along with a private Jacuzzi in the patio. Our arrival experience with Juana and Jasmir was warm and welcoming; Dalliance, the Bellman, provided a detailed resort orientation and ensured that we were well acquainted once in our suite. Our Family Concierge, Sulenny who was personable, consistently ensured that all of our dining needs were taken care of and remained engaging during our visit. The Restaurant Supervisor, Wilfredo extended a genuinely friendly, personalized and highly attentive service throughout our dining experiences in various outlets. The overall service at The Reserve was superlative and kudos to the Chef for the exquisite food presentation in the Aqua Mediterranean Restaurant. Felicia, our housekeeper demonstrated attention to detail as our housekeeping services were meticulously performed. Additionally, we appreciated the General Manager, Isabel’s continuous efforts to make us feel special and welcomed. Her gracious invite to return made us feel valued. On the contrary, we did find that the service at the lively Lobby Bar and the Red Lounge Bar in the Paradisus Palma Real Resort (not at The Reserve) was slow and inattentive. It took a while for the bartenders to acknowledge us even though we were seated at the bar. The bartenders appeared to be more engaging with other regular guests.

Finally, on our last night at The Reserve, Sulenny and Felicia decorated our Suite and Jacuzzi with rose petals and thoughtful amenities along with a personalized note during turndown, which made our anniversary more memorable.

If you are looking for a non-stop party type vacation filled with constant activities and superlative staff, look no further! This resort is a perfect get-away for families and couples alike and we will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had a great and personalized service at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication of Sulenny, Felicia,and Dalliance . You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Once more, thank you for extending us your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you back soon at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Kind regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,434)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was my first time visiting Punta Cana and I had the best time! Staying at the Paradisus Palma Real was amazing. The staff was very accommodating and provided really good service to meet every want or need. Our room was stocked at all times with fresh towels, snacks, and a fully filled fridge. The pools and tikis on the beach were a great place to relax and the service was excellent in these spots too. Devi Couto was our beach attendant and made the days on the beach very enjoyable with amazing service. Our drinks were never empty! There were plenty of restaurants to choose from every night, I would just recommend making reservations before you arrive to make sure you get a chance to try out the ones you want. My week stay was also very special because my finance and I got engaged on our first night there and the hotel and Glenys Martinez helped to prepare a special and private dinner for 2 on the beach to my surprise, as well as a room upgrade! You will not be disappointed by this hotel!! A special thanks to Devi and Glenys for making this trip so special!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashley,

Your kind and valuable words left me speechless as there is not greater satisfaction than learning that all your expectations were exceeded and that Glennys and Deivi participated in
making it possible.

Thank you for preferring The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and we await you soon for another great vacation.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I arrived at The Reserve on July 17, 2013. We stayed for 8 days and 7 nights. We immediately received the royal treatment as soon as we arrived. The resort is spectacular. It is clean and nicely decorated. If you have childern I recommend you have the family concierge. We were fortunate to have this and a very very nice young lady named Sofia was the person who took great care of my family. She was kind and very attentive to all of our needs. She made my children feel special. She knew all of our names as soon as she saw us. Every night when we returned from dinner she had a special treat waiting for us. The kids are 11 and 12 and not easy to impress and they loved her. I recommend this resort because this was one of the few places that I have visited where they really cater to you. There were many others who made our vacation great. I would like to mention Juan Jose Rosa, the staff at the Kids club Natali, Angel, Ynes, Cinthia, Wanda, Nicaurys and Alexandra. Last but not least Eduard Peguero the activities person who made our time at the beach and pool alot of fun. All of these people work super hard to make our vacation the best one we have ever had. We plan on definately going back to this resort.

Room Tip: If you like quieter rooms then ask for a room in buildings 50-53, they are not so close to the beach...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from Juan Rosa, Natali, Angel, Ynes, Cinthia, Wanda, Nicaurys, Edward, and Alexandra. I will personally pass on your comments to each one of them.

The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for a next amazing vacation.

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I traveled to Punta Cana with my boyfriend, his parents and our 3 year old son for one week in July. (13-20) This was our second time in Punta Cana but first time for my boyfriend's parents and our son. We chose The Reserve after reading all the good reviews it had for families and in particular families with small children.

We stayed in Building 53 and had a regular one bedroom suite. The room was fantastic!! It was beautifully decorated and spacious. We had asked for a king sized bed but they didn't have any so they joined two beds for us the same day. This worked out great for us. My son loved the huge bed. The jacuzzi on the balcony was great even though we only used it one time. The bathroom is large and the amenities are a nice touch. The mini fridge was restocked daily with water, beer and soft drinks.

Our concierge Dalmy was truly amazing. She was friendly and explained everything about the resort to us. She also made dinner reservations for the entire week. She always had answers to our questions and was always checking up on us to make sure we were ok and if we needed anything.

The pools were lovely. We went to them everyday. My son LOVED the kiddie pool. Breakfasts were awesome, you get a nice variety from the buffet. Room service breakfast was limited (bread, pancakes, fruit, coffee) but still nice. We ordered room service breakfast a few times because my son didn't like sitting still to eat at the restaurants. With room service he actually ate! The buffet lunches were equally yummy as were the dinners. The dinners with reservations were the best. All the food was tasty and delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed all our dinners at the different restaurants with one exception. The Mexican restuarant Mole we never got to taste because our food was just taking too long to come out. We had a reservation for 7:30pm and by 9:05 we still hadn't gotten our food. My son who gets cranky when he's tired started to cry loudly so we just decided to go. It was a shame because we really wanted to taste the food we ordered. On a positive note, our concierge did call us the next day to find out what happened. I liked that they did this because it shows they care about the service they provide their customers.

My boyfriend lost his camera while riding a golf cart and we reported it and they found it for us. I was shocked because on our first time to Punta Cana he lost a cell phone and never saw it again (at another resort). The only bad thing was that the memory card had fallen out so some of our pictures were gone. Not the resort's fault but we were so happy they found our camera. Just make sure when you ride the golf carts to check the seats to make sure you're not leaving anything behind :)

All the workers at the Reserve work really hard at what they do. They are all friendly and will greet you with a smile when they see you daily. We loved them all!

All in all everyone had a blast during this vacation. If you are looking for a place that caters to families The Reserve is the way to go. It's the best!

Dear Guest,

I feel highly honored to have been trusted to celebrate your family vacation. I am happy to know that you have appreciated the warmth and dedication of some of our staff members. I have passed on your comments to each one of them.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Lake Wylie, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been to punta canta four times in the past 18 months. living in Charlotte makes it a easy trip. We had a swim up suite and loved it. Our butler Glenys Hartiuz did a great job all of the dinner reservations were set up and went very smooth. We even had a phone to contact her with any needs. Great Place we will be back.

1 Thank Robwatson123
Dear Guest,

We are committed to provide the highest quality service beyond our guests' expectations and it is a great pleasure to learn we were able to exceed yours.

The Paradise will be waiting for you!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We recently travelled to Punta Cana as a family (with a toddler and grade school child). It was their first time flying, let alone out of the country. We read previous reviews raving about this resort and were really excited to enjoy our vacation. We ended up splurging for a concierge, Andy, and it was definitely great to have. He made our reservations, helped us acclaimate to the resort by providing a tour, and would do special things for the kids each night. After dinner, the kids loved going to the room to see what special treat was waiting for them- a balloon filled room, cupcakes and milk, coloring books, etc. They even had scented pillows for a night. Great time! We ate at the buffet each morning, fantastic food. Angela Mercedes in particular was wonderful with our kids. Our littlest one was quite energetic, therefore would not allow us to eat peacefully. Angela noticed this and came over and entertained our litte one so we could eat. He absolutely loved her and the attention he was receiving. All in all, the resort was perfect. Unfortunately now, any other vacation will compare and probably not rate as high:) Definitely recommend this resort and we truly appreciated how accommodating and friendly the staff was. It really helped make us feel more at home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauren C
Dear Lauren,

I love your kind comments about our staff and services. It is a privilege to know you consider us a great vacation destination. This kind of comment is a great incentive to all of us.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The grounds were beautiful and well- maintained. Staff was very friendly. I am a single parent with 2 teens. We had a Family Concierge room at the Reserve. The rooms were nice and huge. However, there stains all over the couch and the rugs by the bed reaked of mildew. It was so bad we kept leaving them on the patio. Getting your room cleaned was a hit/miss. One day we went to breakfast, beach & pool came back after 3pm and the room still wasn't cleaned.We had to wait 35 min for fresh towels & washclothes to shower. Unfortunately, we only speak English (our Spanish was awful but we tried) so certain things were lost in translation when ordering meals or requesting housekeeping. Not a huge issue but be prepared to ask for things 2-3 times. Our concierge was very friendly but I would've liked to have been more informed as far as activities etc. I arranged airport transportation before arrival with Sunny C (thru the hotel) which was very convenient. Food was just OK. Our concierge made reservations at Aqua, Vento & Market Grill but we ate most meals at the Gabi Club and Hydro Grill. Gabi Club food was the best out of all places to eat (and I hate buffets).

Rooms weren't available for upgrade upon check-in so our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking bushes/trees (not ideal but it was fine).

Our mini fridge was stocked daily by Juan who was very friendly. He even left a chilled bottle of champagne for us on our last night .

Bottom line...I overpaid for what I received as far as concierge service. This place is ideal for families with young children, couples or anyone over the age of 21. If you have teens there really aren't a lot for them to do besides the pool/beach IMO. The game room looked like a pre-school.

I would probably go back but with adults only.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to post this review.

I am sorry if some of our services did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your observations in these respects and I have forwarded your comments to the corresponding departments.