“Amazing week with family!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Amazing week with family!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I traveled to Punta Cana with my boyfriend, his parents and our 3 year old son for one week in July. (13-20) This was our second time in Punta Cana but first time for my boyfriend's parents and our son. We chose The Reserve after reading all the good reviews it had for families and in particular families with small children.

We stayed in Building 53 and had a regular one bedroom suite. The room was fantastic!! It was beautifully decorated and spacious. We had asked for a king sized bed but they didn't have any so they joined two beds for us the same day. This worked out great for us. My son loved the huge bed. The jacuzzi on the balcony was great even though we only used it one time. The bathroom is large and the amenities are a nice touch. The mini fridge was restocked daily with water, beer and soft drinks.

Our concierge Dalmy was truly amazing. She was friendly and explained everything about the resort to us. She also made dinner reservations for the entire week. She always had answers to our questions and was always checking up on us to make sure we were ok and if we needed anything.

The pools were lovely. We went to them everyday. My son LOVED the kiddie pool. Breakfasts were awesome, you get a nice variety from the buffet. Room service breakfast was limited (bread, pancakes, fruit, coffee) but still nice. We ordered room service breakfast a few times because my son didn't like sitting still to eat at the restaurants. With room service he actually ate! The buffet lunches were equally yummy as were the dinners. The dinners with reservations were the best. All the food was tasty and delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed all our dinners at the different restaurants with one exception. The Mexican restuarant Mole we never got to taste because our food was just taking too long to come out. We had a reservation for 7:30pm and by 9:05 we still hadn't gotten our food. My son who gets cranky when he's tired started to cry loudly so we just decided to go. It was a shame because we really wanted to taste the food we ordered. On a positive note, our concierge did call us the next day to find out what happened. I liked that they did this because it shows they care about the service they provide their customers.

My boyfriend lost his camera while riding a golf cart and we reported it and they found it for us. I was shocked because on our first time to Punta Cana he lost a cell phone and never saw it again (at another resort). The only bad thing was that the memory card had fallen out so some of our pictures were gone. Not the resort's fault but we were so happy they found our camera. Just make sure when you ride the golf carts to check the seats to make sure you're not leaving anything behind :)

All the workers at the Reserve work really hard at what they do. They are all friendly and will greet you with a smile when they see you daily. We loved them all!

All in all everyone had a blast during this vacation. If you are looking for a place that caters to families The Reserve is the way to go. It's the best!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I feel highly honored to have been trusted to celebrate your family vacation. I am happy to know that you have appreciated the warmth and dedication of some of our staff members. I have passed on your comments to each one of them.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,454)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been to punta canta four times in the past 18 months. living in Charlotte makes it a easy trip. We had a swim up suite and loved it. Our butler Glenys Hartiuz did a great job all of the dinner reservations were set up and went very smooth. We even had a phone to contact her with any needs. Great Place we will be back.

1 Thank Robwatson123
Dear Guest,

We are committed to provide the highest quality service beyond our guests' expectations and it is a great pleasure to learn we were able to exceed yours.

The Paradise will be waiting for you!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We recently travelled to Punta Cana as a family (with a toddler and grade school child). It was their first time flying, let alone out of the country. We read previous reviews raving about this resort and were really excited to enjoy our vacation. We ended up splurging for a concierge, Andy, and it was definitely great to have. He made our reservations, helped us acclaimate to the resort by providing a tour, and would do special things for the kids each night. After dinner, the kids loved going to the room to see what special treat was waiting for them- a balloon filled room, cupcakes and milk, coloring books, etc. They even had scented pillows for a night. Great time! We ate at the buffet each morning, fantastic food. Angela Mercedes in particular was wonderful with our kids. Our littlest one was quite energetic, therefore would not allow us to eat peacefully. Angela noticed this and came over and entertained our litte one so we could eat. He absolutely loved her and the attention he was receiving. All in all, the resort was perfect. Unfortunately now, any other vacation will compare and probably not rate as high:) Definitely recommend this resort and we truly appreciated how accommodating and friendly the staff was. It really helped make us feel more at home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lauren C
Dear Lauren,

I love your kind comments about our staff and services. It is a privilege to know you consider us a great vacation destination. This kind of comment is a great incentive to all of us.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!

NJ
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The grounds were beautiful and well- maintained. Staff was very friendly. I am a single parent with 2 teens. We had a Family Concierge room at the Reserve. The rooms were nice and huge. However, there stains all over the couch and the rugs by the bed reaked of mildew. It was so bad we kept leaving them on the patio. Getting your room cleaned was a hit/miss. One day we went to breakfast, beach & pool came back after 3pm and the room still wasn't cleaned.We had to wait 35 min for fresh towels & washclothes to shower. Unfortunately, we only speak English (our Spanish was awful but we tried) so certain things were lost in translation when ordering meals or requesting housekeeping. Not a huge issue but be prepared to ask for things 2-3 times. Our concierge was very friendly but I would've liked to have been more informed as far as activities etc. I arranged airport transportation before arrival with Sunny C (thru the hotel) which was very convenient. Food was just OK. Our concierge made reservations at Aqua, Vento & Market Grill but we ate most meals at the Gabi Club and Hydro Grill. Gabi Club food was the best out of all places to eat (and I hate buffets).

Rooms weren't available for upgrade upon check-in so our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking bushes/trees (not ideal but it was fine).

Our mini fridge was stocked daily by Juan who was very friendly. He even left a chilled bottle of champagne for us on our last night .

Bottom line...I overpaid for what I received as far as concierge service. This place is ideal for families with young children, couples or anyone over the age of 21. If you have teens there really aren't a lot for them to do besides the pool/beach IMO. The game room looked like a pre-school.

I would probably go back but with adults only.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your precious time to post this review.

I am sorry if some of our services did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your observations in these respects and I have forwarded your comments to the corresponding departments.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Reserve for 1 week, and I must say, we were sad to come home! Upon our arrival, we were greeted with a welcome drink "Blue Paradise" to be exact. We booked our vacation through RCI, had a 1 bedroom Master Suite. Our room immaculate! Service was amazing, our mini bar was stocked on a daily basis by Juan Carlos Bautista. He did a great job; he knew that my husband and I preferred Presidente Light, and ensured that's what we got. We did have a reservation issue for the restaurants. On our first day, we made reservations for the whole week. The first night we went to eat at our first restaurant, our reservations were not in the system. However, Jorge Zorilla went out of his way, and made sure we ate at that exact restaurant that same night. He also booked the rest of our reservations for the other restaurants for the whole week, and gave us a confirmation. Every time he would see us walk by, he checked up on us to make sure everything was up to par, and it was. So thank you Jorge! The night life around the lobby was decent, but the bar tender, Raydin Delago, made up for it. He was always in a good mood, making sure my husband and I were having a good time. Anything we wanted, he made it; and strong!
My husband and I wanted fresh fried fish with plantains, and all we had to do was tell the chef. The next day, for lunch, that's exactly what we had; and it was delicious!
My husband and I ate at the Gabi, Gabi Beach, Aqua, Mizu, Vento, and Mole. Mole, the "Mexican Restaurant" was by far, our least favorite, wouldn't recommend it. Our favorite was the Gabi Beach, I had the stuffed chicken, my husband had Filet Mignon with Lobster, and it was an amazing dinner.
On our 2nd to last day, my husband lost his G-Shock watch in the pool. We reported it, and for sure, didn't think we would see it again. They even had the pool boys go into the pool and see if they could find it, but they didn't. Right before dinner, we went to the lobby to see if someone had returned it. The receptionist called security to see if they found anything, and they did! Security came with my husbands watch, and he was so happy!
Overall, we had a great vacation, and would definitely return to this resort!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Erica13181
Dear Guest,

I am glad to learn you have had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our services and facilities. Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceeded and that you will return in a near future.

The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for a next amazing vacation.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had read other trip advisor reviews and had really high expectations of this trip so I was a little worried, it was BETTER then I could have ever imagined. An absolutely spectacular trip and Millie our concierge was AMAZING.... she made the trip so incredible with little notes and gifts at night for our daughter, if we were dining at a restaurant (which all were amazing five star eating for sure) not really geared towards our daughters love of mac n cheese, Millie would arrange it to be special made for us when we arrived. I have never experienced, and I go to All inclusive resorts every year in the Carribean, never has one been this spectacular. I even tried to extend the stay but unfortunately the resort charges are so much higher going direct then going through a air/hotel combo pricing. The price difference is almost 1/2 to do a air/hotel combo for anyone looking to go. Now we stayed at the RESERVE but got to use all the facilities on the property and all were maintained pristine. If I had one and it's a small one, but one negative comment is the language barrier is a little tough, especially for English people as they do not speak very good english. Mille did which was a huge plus for us, because anything we needed, we called Mille by the cell phone provided. If you plan to golf, take your own balls as they charge $4 a ball but the course is very very nice. Overall, this is a trip I would do over and over again, just Amazing!!!

Room Tip: I don't think you could get a bad room in the Reserve. They were spacious, well designed for cl...
1 Thank Naneralls21
Dear Guest,

It is a great honor to hear The Reserve was better than you could have ever imagined! is a real pleasure for us to learn we have provided quality service beyond your expectations!

I really appreciate your constructive observations about language barrier with the staff. We have a great task ahead of us concerning this issue. As a matter of fact, we provide intensive educational courses, including English classes, since we understand their importance in our continuous effort to improve the quality of customer service.

Thank you for preferring The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

new york city
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Having only been to the Club Med in Punta Cana, we decided to try a different resort in this area, especially one that is rated very high to see the difference. I booked the air and hotel package through Expedia and apparently it was VIP.
The check in was smooth, although there was a little bit of a hustle to sell us a more expensive room. We did opt for a large one bedroom apartment with a private garden. This is a beautifully designed hotel located on a very nice property. In general, the service was excellent with all our requests responded to immediately. The reserve was quiet, so in the evenings we headed to the main hotel, Palma Real. There was quite a bit happening there with shows, bands in the main bar, restaurants and all. The a la carte restaurants were nice and a couple of them require long pants and closed shoes for men. We were assigned a guest services person, Dalliance, to take care of us during our stay. He was very nice and made reservations for us at a different restaurant every night at around the time we requested. There was some push to sell us club membership which we were not into and was somewhat off putting. However, everyone was very nice about it and soon it became a non-issue. The beach is beautiful, with white sand and many palapas and umbrellas. On a number of occasions, there was a shortage of towels.
The Reserve, though very nice and beautifully designed is showing signs of wear and tear, with stains on furniture and placemats that are unraveling. Also, there are not a lot of activities during the day at the Reserve or Palma Real. The dance and exercise classes were extremely basic, so I did not participate after the first time. The Volleyball net at the beach would come down between 12 and 3 in the afternoon, which made no sense. My husband and sons, 15 and 10, were not very happy about that. This is really a place for eating, drinking and some entertainment.
At the end, I do have to mention Jeffrey, the chef at the Reserve’s breakfast buffet, because he was extremely nice and accommodating. My younger son asked for crepes on the first day, they didn’t have the ingredients but the chef made sure to have it specially made for him every morning thereafter. Now, that is excellent service with a heart.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 4000 building have the most direct route to the beach.
1 Thank nnouhi
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us and for sharing your kind compliments! Knowing all your expectations were exceeded is our biggest satisfaction.

We cannot wait to welcome you back to the Paradise!

Regards,