“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!!!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I have 2 more days on our vacation, and I wish it did not have to end. This resort is amazing. Everything here is first class all the way. The people are very friendly, and they go out of their way to make you feel like you are very special. There are so many people we would like to thank, but I wanted to give a VERY Special shout out to Darlin Inirio in the Gabi Club restaurant.. He has truly mastered the epitomy of excellent service. I am going to make sure we return soon. I also wanted to give a quick shout out to Francisco Mendoza (Vento restuarant bar) at the Palma Real Resort, he makes the BEST (THE VERY BEST) Chocolate Martinis. Last, but certainly not least, my husband really enjoyed the special drink Tony prepared for him everyday at the Palma Real Casino. He made sure he ended every night with 2 of them!!!! Thanks for an experience we will cherish for a lifetime. We will remember this anniversary for many years to come. All the staff is worth their weight in gold. I wish we could have tipped them all more. April and Carlos W.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Carlos & April,

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments about our services and staff. It pleases us to know that we completely fulfilled your expectations.

We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Kind regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Write a ReviewReviews (7,497)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel itself is very luxurious, with a great location and great restaurants. What really sets this hotel over the top is the staff, they are incredible! They all went above and beyond what is expected, ensuring our stay was a memorable one. We traveled with our 1 year old and they brought us a microwave the very first day. The staff made it that much easier to travel with a toddler.
The bartenders at Gabbi bar at the The Reserve were awesome. Fernando and Raydin, make sure to look for them! They would have our drinks ready before we even asked, making "specials" for us all day and night. Even giving us beers to take back to our room after they were closed!
Wilfredo Vargas, one of the supervisors, was beyond outstanding. He greeted each of us by name every time we came in contact with him and even brought us a little something special not on the menu at Hydro Grill, a plate of delicious shrimp and lobster!
Our concierge, Dalmy de la Rosa, was also very helpful. She made sure to make our reservations for the whole week at all the different restaurants. She showed us around the hotel and explained what was included. We did have to attend a sales presentation the second day, but they were really professional once we told them we were not interested, unlike previous experiences we have had in Mexico where they keep trying to close on you.
Alexis Francisco, the chef at Aqua, and Alexis Colome, our waiter, made our dining experience fantastic the night we went to Aqua. Angela Mercedes, one of the hostesses throughout the Reserve, was also really good to us and very attentive at all times.
Desserts were phenomenal throughout! Overall, the food was great; breakfast was just okay, but everything else was great. One of the negatives about the rooms was the tv, hardly ever worked, but I wasn't on vacation to watch tv, so I did not mind too much. Another one was the towel service in the pool area, the towel racks were always empty. And the last thing they could improve is the drinks in the pool areas. I realize the pools are really spread out but no one ever came by offering drinks, like I have previously experienced in Cabo and Riviera Maya.
The pools at the Reserve were great, we were always able to find our own little "personal" area of the pool, which was nice when we wanted to be alone with my family. Tipping is not mandatory or expected but it definitely helps!
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for families looking for quiet time. Definitely not a hotel to go party at, if that is what you are looking for! Will definitely return in the near future, this time with my whole family!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Christian,

Allow me to express my gratefulness for staying wiht us and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay . Our devotedness is to provide the highest quality service level beyond our guest expectations, and it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to exceed your expectations.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you and your whole family in the near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have travelled extensively and stayed at many resorts but none compare to the Reserve. This was our second visit to The Reserve and once again the service, food and property was amazing. This truly is a top resort and well worth the upgrade to stay at the Reserve. The staff do an exceptional job and work very hard to please all the guests. All staff go out of their way to ensure you have good service and that guests are always happy.

I would like to give a special mention to Jairo Pacheco and Octavio (the chef) who once again exceeded our expectations with service and friendliness. Upon or arrival we walked by the restaurant they both work at and Jairo came running over to us as he recognized us from the last time we were there. Jairo really deserves special recognition for the fabulous service he provides and always with a smile. Both Jairo and Octavio remembered what we liked to drink and eat from the last time we were there. Everyday they would great us and give us fantastic service. Alexander Ozuna and Osvaldo who also works at the same restaurant served us several times that week and also gave us fantastic service. We never had an empty glass with Jairo, Alexander and Osvaldo around. We have a 2 year old son and Octavio would make special meals just for our son to keep him happy. Because of staff like this we will return again to the Reserve.

The service at Gabi Beach was also amazing. Santo Marrero and Carol Rosado were always great at getting us drinks and making special drinks for our two year old son as well as making our son laugh.

I highly recommend this resort and will be returning again in January.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you a lot for trusting us one more time as your vacation destination in The Dominican Republic.

Jairo and Octavio Fransua have received your wonderful compliments. They are happy they could participate in making your stay a great one.

We will be waiting to welcome you back for a third time at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

See you in January!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The staff, atmosphere, and live events were excellent and if you're looking for a 5 star experience, then you've found it. We booked the Reserve for our honeymoon and our concierge "Norberto" was second to none. Also the entertainment at night was world class. Overall we loved it and are looking forward to exploring more "Paradisus" around the world.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real for your vacations. It pleases me to know that we fulfilled your expectations. It will be a real pleasure to host your wedding anniversary celebration next year.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just got in from 5 days at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real. We were very impressed with the accommodations, the property and the staff. We reserved a 1 bedroom suite but has an issue with an unpleasant odor in our room so the staff, particularly Jorge Zorilla, worked tireless to move us to a suite that was satisfactory. We were ultimately moved to an upgraded suite and couldn’t have been happier.

Our concierge was top notch! Dalmy De La Rosa took care of us like we were family. Was very attentive, made sure we stayed busy (which is what we like) and scheduled our dinners and events to make our short vacation fun-filled and satisfying. All the restaurants we ate at were very good. They were Gabi Beach, the Market Grill, Bana Bistro and Aqua. The menus were all gourmet and had many choices. We had a buffet breakfast at the Gabi Club in the Rerseve, which had many varieties and went to Lunch at the Hydro Grill for fish and Naos for a buffet with tons of great dishes. And there were many other restaurants that we didn’t have time to visit. So, the choices are endless.

Both the activities at the Reserve and all the happenings at the main building, Paradisus Palma Real made this a wonderful resort and one I’d recommend to my family and friends. One of the comments I’ve seen in my research about travel to Domincan Republic as a negative was the language barrier and many folks not speaking English. Even though many folks we encountered did not speak English, it really was not a hindrance for us. We would not site that as a reason to avoid vacationing in DR.

Some of the advice I’d give those going to the Reserve; have your concierge make dinner reservations the 1st day you get to the resort for all the nights of your stay. Schedule an excursion as soon as possible, I’d recommend the Ecosafari with Compay. It was an all day experience of the Dominican culture and countryside. You visit a school, the Basilica, a Sugar Cane plantation, a Ranch where you ride horses and each lunch and you visit a beautiful public beach. Just well worth the cost, which is under $100.

I loved my vacation, would rank the Reserve as one of the best resorts I’ve ever visited and give a trip to Punta Cana, DR a huge thumbs up for a vacation choice.

Room Tip: Stayed in building 51, it was very quiet and close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MsJamm

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear that The Reserve is one of the best all-inclusive resorts you have been to! I have shared your comments with the wonderful team of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real as it is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

I am sure we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very much enjoyed our week at this resort. Very clean, excellent gym and spa facilities, basically had the golf course to ourselves when we went for a game. Food was excellent, never had a bad experience with that. Our concierge Luisaida was lovely, very helpful and looked out for us. Very safe resort and good access to the beach. All in all a great place to visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Richard,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from Luisaida. I will personally pass on your comments to her.

The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for a next amazing vacation.

Regards,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel, and the Reserve in particular. A few things could be improved, but in general it was great.
Nice:
the several pools, the beach, the rooms, the beautiful location.
Great food (quality, variety)
Hotel services (diving, etc)

Could be better:
The constant harassment from the concierge to sell us a 50 year pass for Melia.
The ladies who knock to wash the room at 10:30 pm.
The super overpriced stuff in every shops within the complex (14 USD for sunscreen)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments about our property, pools, gastronomy, and rooms.

I truly appreciate your constructive observations about some of our services and I apologize if some of them did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your observations in these respects and have forwarded your comments to the corresponding departments.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future. I am sure you will love the changes we have made since your last visit.

Best regards,