“The Reserve”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 20, 2013

AWESOME resort, beautiful location, and excellent amenities and service. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. There were hardly any issues with our stay, and if there were, we received help promptly and questions were immediately answered. I was impressed by the availability of Wifi almost over the entire resort (including parts of the beach and pool), but the only downside was the connection was not that great. SInce I was there for vacation, wifi access wasn't near the top of my needs, so this did not effect the quality of my stay at all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Riley,

Thank you for your beautiful comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad to know your experience was a good one.

The Reserve team awaits you soon at your second home for a next dream vacation that comes true.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Reserve for 6 days. The resort itself is Beautiful, peaceful, impeccable, just perfect! The rooms were spotless, big and the private patio jacuzzi is definetly a plus!!!! The housekeeping doesnt get done once but twice a day! The maids are great! The food is amazing anywhere you go. Naos Buffet is great for breakfast. We had breakfast sometimes, but always lunch at Gabi Club! The staff there is just AMAZING!! Special recognition to chefs Felipe Castillo and Leon Rodriguez who always found the way to please us. Alexis Benjoi and servers Miguel and Ovido Bigay had always a smile and would ensure we were getting a great service! They all knew us by name! What a personal and genuine service! Loved it! We truly appreciate all the extra steps they took to make our vacation so special! Our concierge Ewing was very friendly although it was never the same after we refused to listen to a 45 mins presentation to become Melia Club members. The beach is spectacular, the pools are great, the service is fantastic, food is amazing. I would definetly recommend this resort to our friends. The Reserve is the perfect option for families with kids who want to enjoy a truly Paradise in Punta Cana!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Nazirita
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had a superb experience with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from Felipe, Leon, Alexis, Miguel, Ovidio, and Edwing. I will personally pass on your comments to each one of them.

The Paradise waits for you!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Was here from 6/9-16/2013 with husband, 11mos baby and grandma aka nanny. We stayed in building 40 room 4006, master suite with terrace. We wanted the master suite with swim up but unfortunately there was not available, only the regular room with the swim up.

My over all experience mixed with positive and negative incidents. I originally picked this resort based on tripadvisor rating. I might have had high expectation for everything, that's why when encounter the negative incident, I got up set.

1- Positives (high lights of our trip):
a- Kids Zone (babysitter service for 1yr older)- awesome area for kids
b- Baby food can be order in room service or at restaurant (my baby loves the corn cream at hydrogrill)
c- Caring, attentive, and always smiling whom would go out of their way to accommodate our needs. I am going to name a few;
* George at Gabi beach, thank you for finding fresh coconut for us. We missed your smiling face.
*Juan, Felipe, Darling: our waiters at Gabi club/beach, you guys ROCK
* Julio and Leidy at YHI Spa, ushers for man and woman, thank you for massaging our back with the water in the hydrotherapy pool and getting us tea after treatment.
d- Golfing at the cocotal with many mango trees :)

And here are some negatives moment:
a- Concierge service was not informing:
* DID NOT know baby food are available until another mom told us (we ran out of formula and the formula we bought at the supermarket was too bitter, my son could not drink it).
* DID NOT know where to eat for dinner on the 2nd day until we chased one down and demanded to check for us. (they deliver your ticket to the dinner after 3pm)
***The person who covered building 40 and 41 (sit at the table in the middle) was not friendly. I do not want mention his name (I wrote it down) because I do want him to get in trouble, but you really RUIN my impression for the resort. He ignored my question until I firmly asked him the 3rd time. He is also the one who would not call for cart pick up when my baby and I were waiting to go to the beach. He was not responsive, until another girl came and made the call for us.
b- DID NOT get the MICROWAVE until toward the end of our trip (room service for baby food can take up to 50mins so it helps a lot if you can get a microwave in the room, so make sure you ask for it because it is only offerred to members)
c- NO SIGNAL for TV the first 2 days, so they replaced the TV, then the last 2 days of our trip we did not get any signal at all. They said the whole building had the same problem, uhm...5 star resort dilemma...
d- INCONSISTENCY: as a 5 stars resort, consistency is a must. Most of the workers are very friendly, helpful, and caring BUT there was also somes that aren't.
e- BEACH was not calm as I expected, plants and seaweed washed up the shore. I wish they clean the mess up every day because CANCUN resort does this every day when we were there.

***** Our first concierge was gone for a day and half (we could not find her after we gave her our list for restaurants for dinner and refused to go to the time share breakfast). So when we went to the reception on our 3rd day to look help with the RESERVATION for dinner (they said she was off) so another concierge helped us arrange all the dinner rsvp, passion diner and spa. In return, we agreed to go to the breakfast meeting.

****When we played golf at the Cocotal, we saw some nice villas and were interested in a vacation home. So when attending the meeting about club membership, we were hooked into the concept. We ended up spending more than 3hrs with Pastor. (We travel twice a year and spending an average 10k per 7 days vacation. So the idea of paying 42k membership and annual maintenance fee of 800 something for 7-21 days stay at their hotel around the world for 50 years sounds reasonable). BUT because of the INCONSISTENCY, we decided not to be member with the company. I do not want to be stuck to a chain that can not provide a inconsistent services. 50 yrs is a long term commitment.

f- We stop seeing the 2nd concierge after we went to the meeting, then the 1st concierge became extremely friendly and attentive to our needs. WTH??? SO CONFUSING...

>> Bottom line is I rate this resort 3rd after Jamaica and Cancun, and can only give them 4 stars. I left with a bitter taste in my mouth feeling unsatisfied.

Room Tip: They only carry Enfamil, no similac at the store/pharmacy. Baby foods can be puree at your request a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank hoanghac13

Dear Guest,

I apologize if our TV system, beach, and Concierge department did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your observations in these respects and have forwarded your comments to the corresponding departments.

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you back soon at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Reserve while the rest of our family was at the main resort. The Reserve is very nice. Room was good size and modern and pool very nice. The Reserve is far from the beach and shuttle service was not good. The food was very good at all restaurants. Mole was great Mexican food. Service was also pretty good at most places. Our host Jhon was the best. He had everything planned out for our big group. Highly recommend him. The best quality was the beach which is as nice as anywhere.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve S

Dear Steve,

I would like to thank you for the confidence placed in us to celebrate your vacation. I am glad to learn you have had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

Our nice beach and great service wait for you.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at the Reserve which was so beautiful and relaxing with so many great amenities. Pedro our breakfast waiter was the best..he had our mimosas and grand marnier for us every morning! Wilfredo at H2O was our lunch waiter and did a great job! The staff makes the resort such a wonderful place to stay. Deyanira at the lobby bar made the best Pina coladas I ever had and she has a smile and laugh that is contagious...it never stops! Our concierge Dalliance was a big help in making all our arrangements and he always appeared out of nowhere to check on us. The Spa is amazing and Evelyn gives a great massage...make sure you go early to use the facilities. Eusebio another waiter will make you a good martini. The beaches are beautiful, the pools amazing, the shows were fun and the food was really good at every restaurant. My only little complaint is that the bathrooms were too dark and need more lighting especially in the shower.
I would definitely go back here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I greatly appreciate your compliments about our hotel infrastructure, service staff, and grounds. Our commitment is to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

I would like to thank you for your kind compliments toward our staff. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each one of our staff members.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just got back from a business meeting that was held in the beautiful Paradisus Punta Cana. This was my second time organizing a meeting at this resort but this time I have to share my experience because our dedicated group coordinator, Yohanna Genao, did an outstanding job in accomodating all our needs and totally exceeded my expectations!!!
After a long day traveling, Angelica Albuerme, the sales manager, welcomed me and my team members at 11 o'clock at night, since most of the restaurants were closing at that time, she made sure to keep one open for us and the Chef prepared an unbelievable welcome dinner for us. Throughout our meeting, all the staff members, Dany Fernandez, Hector Urena, Jhon Acosta, Darico Avila, Sergio, Ambioris, Andry, Leoncio and Richard took excellent care of us. The meals/menus prepared especially for our group were outstanding. Everyone was so accomodating and making sure our experience was an Exellent one. I can't thank you enough Yohanna for rescuing our Awards dinner by letting us borrow your own awards since ours were stuck in customs!!!! thank you, thank you, thank you TEAM PARADISUS PUNTA CANA!!!!! I can't wait to see you all again, and your beautiful smiles. Besos y Abrazos a todo el equipo!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sami R
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The best service one more time, this was our fourth time on this property, and i love it... The staff is awesome , starting from our family concierge Milly who was so nice to us, helped with everything you can imagine, My barman Freddy Ramos, whom i know for 5 years. Francisco Estrella, Deivi Cueto,Andy the waitress at the beach, Emanuel Velez , room service... and Trevis Padma, the golf cart driver... And, the guy who cut coconuts from the palm trees...love him. Will be back soon...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting us one more time. For us, it is always a pleasure to receive frequent guests; it feels like having your family at the property! Thank you a lot for being an assiduous guest of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and for recommending our property to your friends and relatives.

Until next summer!