The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Service at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)
View Hotel
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
  • Breakfast included
Now Garden Punta Cana(Bavaro)
View Hotel
NH Punta Cana(Punta Cana)
7,839 results
All reviewsfamily conciergekids zonehydro grillgabi clubmain resortdinner reservationscarlos penagabi beachangela mercedesprivate gardenbedroom master suitereal resortblue agavepersonal conciergeyhi spafamily vacationgolf cart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Reserve at Paradisus was excellent. My husband and I stayed from March 23 to March 30.

The Room: We had a 1 bedroom suit which had a Jacuzzi tub inside and outside – which was wonderful as the nights were so clear and it was a full moon, I was able to relax outside in a hot tub looking into the sky! There was plenty of room and ample places to put clothes both hanging and folded. There are terry cloth robes, iron, and ironing board available in the closet. There is a coffee pot with coffee and a cd player. There is a TV in the living room and in the bedroom. The shower is walk-in with 2 shower heads.

Also, they stocked our beverage fridge every day; if there was something special you wanted (e.g. regular coke instead of diet) all you had to do was ask. In addition, during week the staff dropped off 3 bottles of alcohol (rum, vodka, and whiskey) twice. We do not really drink, but the gesture was very nice.

The Staff: All staff was helpful friendly. If you need something, just ask. It may be helpful to know some Spanish as that could be a barrier to getting what you need. For everything you ask for, their reply is always “it is my pleasure”.

The Spa: It was my husband’s birthday so I scheduled the Surya package for both of us. This included a Green Exfoliation, Lotus, Gold & Rice Wrap, Lotus, Gold & Rice Ritual (bath), and Biomassage. Each service was wonderful and they are very professional. When I scheduled the services, I shared with the staff that it would be his birthday. They took it upon themselves to put a bunch of balloons in our massage room and left us champagne and cut-up fruit to eat during our bath. He was very surprised and was very happy. When you schedule services you can take advantage of their hydrotherapy for an hour prior to your services. This is really nice because they take you through various water activities (e.g. steam room, cold water bath, Jacuzzi etc.) This is free so take the time to enjoy it!

The Food: Overall the food was very good. There were a few meals that I just was into what was offered, but I was still able to find something. To be fair, the only place we ate was the Gabi Beach which offered buffet style food - we didn’t venture out to the other restaurants.

Getting to Hotel/ Excursions: Scheduled our transportation through The Reserve, which uses a company called Sunny-C. They were excellent. They had our name listed on a clipboard when we arrived and they told us exactly where to walk through the airport to make sure we didn’t end up in the taxi area. In addition, I wanted to see the Ojos Indigenas (nature reserve and ecological park with 12 lagoons) without taking an official tour using Segway’s or buggies. They setup the excursion for me without a problem. The only issue was the weather, which was the only day of rain we had, but it stopped us from going. :(

Other: When I arrived I ended up having a bladder infection and medical services were wonderful. I called and they told me to go to the front of the hotel and a golf cart would take me to the shopping center where there was a pharmacy. I told the pharmacist my issue and he gave me an antibiotic. I was very grateful and that could have ruin the vacation if I was unable to find medicine.

The beach was clean and soft. The sand was bright white and the water is clear blue. It was a little choppy and as a result my husband did not snorkel, although he could have if he wanted. The beach was not crowded and neither were the pools. We had no trouble finding a cabana or someplace to lay in the sun or shade. It was wonderful to know that we did not have to get up at 8 just to find a place to lie.

We have been to several island in the Caribbean and this is the first time my husband has said “why did we only come for a week”…we would have loved to stay for 2 or more!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank prosperitylove79
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

I feel highly honored to learn you have had a great stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and that our service went beyond your expectations!

I wish next time you could stay with us for two weeks!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I were guests at the Paradisus Palma Real resort along with our daughter and son in law (Clara and Rod Steele) and family. We had a fantastic experience thanks to concierge Ewing, servers; Dievi, Osvaldo, Santos, Roberto and our housekeeper Yoquelin. These people went out of their way to make our experience to the Dominican so great that we can't wait to go back to this exact resort next year. As well Yowie our driver who took us on a tour of La Orta Bando so we could see where the real Dominican people live, we saw coffee, chocolate, vanilla and sugar plantations as well as the greatest experience of all going to the school and meeting the wonderful children and their teacher.
What a great time we had.......................it was worth every penny! Thank You!
Bev and Gail Baker from Flin Flon, Mb. Canada

Room Tip: First floor is poolside but the second and third floors have their own private hot tubs on their decks. Which we took advantage of.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gail b

Dear Baker Family,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our property, this beautiful island, and staff. For us, it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to exceed your family`s expectations and leave wonderful memories in your family`s heart.

Once more, thank you for extending us your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you back soon at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My friend and I returned from our week at The Reserve on Sunday - and I am still taking mental vacations back to this place! The pictures do not do it justice - it's beautiful! Even though the resort was fairly full, we had no problems finding our own little corner of paradise, whether it was at the beach or by a pool. On top of the beautiful accommodations, the service is completely over the top. We did not have to lift a finger for anything! It happened to be my birthday, and my friend arranged a surprise cake for dinner one evening with the help of a few staff - I think they were as excited as my friend to surprise me - everyone came out singing, and clapping, and they even had a cake for me!! I was completely taken off guard and so touched that they would go to this trouble! And that is why this place is so great - not just the beautiful surroundings and accommodations, but most importantly because of the beautiful people they have working there: Vincent at Vento for our first dinner (he made us feel so welcomed on our first evening, and was totally charming!), Pedro, the best waiter ever at Gabi and Aqua (I can't say enough about his enthusiasm and warmth!), Angela at Gabi and hostess at Aqua (who orchestrated my birthday surprise and enjoyed it as much as I did!), Geoffrey, the bartender at H2O - ask him for the Geoffrey number 3, you won't be disappointed. Also, he has a great voice - ask him to sing some Romeo Santos for you!! Crisitan at H2O was also great. Julian Cabrera at The Reserve pool always made sure we had everything we needed during the day - he was always busy but never forgot about us! Rydin and Felipe at the Gabi Bar kept us entertained as well! I'd also like to thank Domingo and the rest of the staff at Mole for surprising us on our last night. Raphael at Aqua was another great waiter as well. Finally, I'd like to especially thank Ricardo Luis for letting us keep our bracelets on - I still have mine on and will be very sad when I finally have to cut it off! It's a constant reminder of a beautiful week! Everyone had a smile and a hello in passing, which makes this place the friendliest one I've ever been to. I can't say enough about everyone we came into contact with - I wil definitely be back, and although I wish all the best to these great people I've mentioned and hope their dreams take them further than where they currently are, I also secretly hope some of them will still be there to see when I go back! (We're talking to you, Geoffrey!)
Thank you everyone for the most memorable week yet!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jennifer W
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference in selecting our hotel as the place to spend your last family vacation as well as for sharing your experience with us.

I hope you will visit us in the future; The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you again to pamper you at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at The Reserve Paradisus Palma Real for one week with our three year old and 5 month old. We selected the One Bedroom Suite with Family Concierge.

CONCIERGE
Our Family Concierge Victor Medina was fantastic. Always ready with suggestions/reservations for dinner, coordinating in-room babysitting for our date nights, and so friendly with our kids. He really made us feel at home and always left little surprises in our room for our older son to look forward to. They cellphone they gave us made him easy to reach and he was always ready to help us out.

FOOD
Like all resorts, some of the restaurants were better than others, but we found overall there was a good selection of healthy food for us and our kids. We liked that there was a lot of selection for vegetables, fresh fish and fruit, in addition to the good old stand-bys of pasta and burgers.The desserts were done in small portions which made it easier to keep our older son off of a sugar-high after every meal. Our favourite restaurants were Gabi Club, Hydro Grill and Market Grill.

THE ROOM
The room was amazing. We were on the third floor so climbing the stairs with two kids became a bit annoying near the end of the trip, but it was worth it for the view. The crib they provided for our baby was a real wooden crib rather than a playpen, which was nice. The foldout couch was perfect for our older son as it wasn't too far off the ground. The maid service was efficient and friendly.

THE BEACH
One drawback of The Reserve is that you need to take a quick shuttle to the beach because it's a long walk for kids. So it's not exactly easy to go back and forth to your room when you have a baby that wants to nap in a crib rather than a stroller. But being away from the beach gives you great privacy by the pools and you find you don't go to the beach everyday anyways. However, the shuttles are always available and easy to take.

THE KIDS ZONE & POOLS
Our older son LOVED the kids pool with the small slides. Seating is limited in this area as most people put down their stuff in the morning and camp out all day. Around all the other pools is lots of seating in sun or shade. The Kids Zone "Daycare" area was clean and spacious. Our son stayed there for a few hours on two days doing arts and crafts. He really enjoyed his experience.

YHI SPA
Can't say enough about this spa. The Hydrotherapy Baths are wonderful. The decor and mood is so peaceful. The massage was excellent. The staff is so friendly. It isn't your average overrated spa. It was AMAZING. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank MarkSteph_2B
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments about our grounds, facilities, and service. It pleases us to know that we completely fulfilled your expectations.

I highly appreciate the confidence you have placed in us and it will be a pleasure to host your next stays in the future at this your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I was here as part of a group. We stayed in the Royal Service area, and were treated as royalty!!! Our room service waiters Nicholas and Peter made sure our coffee, breakfast and afternoon snack were available when we requested. Always presented beautifully and with smiles and wonderful attitudes. All of the staff were friendly. Refreshments were plentiful, beach chairs and towels were plentiful. The beaches and views were spectacular.

• Stayed: March 2013