“Regal within Excellence for our Honeymoon!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Once my fiancee (now wife) and I honed in our honeymoon to the DR, I spent weeks researching the perfect resort to spend our time. I landed on the The Reserve at Palma Real. When we arrived at the resort it was like stepping into the grand entrance of the likes of Ritz Carlton, THE Hotel at Mandalay, the Bellagio, etc. We had a nice, elegant personalized sign welcoming us. After the smooth check-in process, our concierge, EWING, met us right away. He walked us through the resort and show us all the superb amenities of the The Reserve. EWING was extremely great concierge. I don't think there was any request we had of him that he did not fulfill in a timely manner. He was very efficient and knows how to get things done right. There are a multitude of restaurants on the property for dinner and EWING made reservations for us for the whole week at different ones once he knew what are dining tastes were. Ewing always went above and beyond the call of duty. One example is when he helped track down our late airport transfer transport even though it wasn't his job to do so since we booked it through a local Costco Travel affiliate. And he waited until we got on the shuttle. Ewing is one of the best concierges we've had anywhere. As a matter of fact everyone there is there to please. One of the staff/bar tenders Eusebio Guzman gave a whole new meaning to service with a smile. He always spoke to us where ever he saw us on the property. He got me everything from a OJ at breakfast, to a towel at the pool in the afternoon, to a gin martini at night. The whole staff reiterated the phrase "this is your home." It felt like it. There is nothing we asked for we didn't get. The title of this review Regal within Excellence for our Honeymoon is fitting because The Reserve is the regal private, exclusive, and reclusive part of the elegant Palma Real Resort. I recommend it for those with families and those honeymooners that want the best of both worlds. You can get your crazy, young fun fix in at Palma Real section as this is where all the nightlife entertainment, casino, clubs are. Then a golf cart will take you the one-minute back to The Reserve side for a more quiet "wind down." As a couple in their low 30s It was the perfect place for our honeymoon.

Room Tip: Again stay at The Reserve. Any room there is good
3  Thank Nickolas S
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Nickolas,

Thank you so much for choosing us to celebrate your honeymoon! It makes me feel proud to know your stay was great!

I would share your comments with Eusebio and Edwin. This kind of compliment serves as a great motivation to all of us.

Nickolas, The Paradise waits for you to celebrate your wedding anniversary!

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Write a ReviewReviews (7,502)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall we had a great experience. The accommodations were great and the staff was very pleasant. Our concierge (Gabriel Bobodilla) was excellent and very helpful when booking excursions. We also recommend the restaurant Passion, it was a great experience along with delicious food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kristyn P

Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your honeymoon! I am pleased to know we were able to exceed your expectations and I will gladly share your comments with Gabriel Bobadilla and the rest of our team.

I hope to have the honor to host your wedding anniversary celebration.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just like many of you I sit here and spend countless hours researching on trip advisor before spending hard earned money on a vacation. If your looking for a relaxing vacation at a dream like resort don't be cautious. If you don't thoroughly enjoy yourself here, then you have issues.

5/5 - BEST Service, Grounds, Rooms, and Beach area I have seen at a AI.
4/5 - Food, Drinks

- Running up the beach I saw a bunch of other good hotels at Punta Cana but the beach area by the Reserve was premium. The chairs were great(only padded ones i saw) and huge tiki huts were amazing. I didn't get all the way to the excellence/majestic area however. Props go to Andy Florial and David de Gracia for their friendly service on the beach! These guys were awesome and really went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect

The service in the restaurants and around the grounds was AMAZING - anyone walking by greets you and asks if there is anything they can do. At the Reserve there are countless super comfy day beds and lounge chairs for any time of day. Seating was never an issue, the grounds are gorgeous and pools are spotless. The place looks brand new.

-The Reserve has a pool by the beach as well as at the Resort which was a huge upgrade to the regular Paradisus. Padded beds all around and service really set it apart from the Paradisus and made it feel worth the extra premium. We came to the beach late everyday and didn't have much trouble finding spots.

The drinks and food are what most people complain about on here and there is reason to, however you CAN find what you want if you know where to go. Some drinks are too sweet or cheap liquor and they don't have a cocktail list anywhere. I found that going to the bar vs a server and getting to know a bartender will increase your chances of getting a stiff drink. Props go to Eusebio at Gabi Beach/Hydro grill - He was always a friendly face and was quick to hook me up with a late night White Russian(w Leche - no Carnation!). Also Hector at Gabi Beach for my go to stiff margaritas at the beach.

The general consensus and our opinion was that the Gabi Beach restaurant(Thanks Rosa!) was on another level compared to the rest of the resort. I had a steak and asked for a lobster tail extra and it was great. The problem at the restaurants is that some of the apps/soups(Aqua) are simply inedible but most of the entrees are ok-good. I thought Mizu hibachi was great and seafood pasta at Vento as well. Spicy chicken wings at hydro were good but not available 2/4 days. One night after dinner the buffet chef cooked me up a complimentary lobster and shrimp meal on the fly. If you like fruit - the melons and pineapple are amazing(Sometimes lacking at AI).

3/5 - Entertainment(Dont think its their goal)

They don't have the entertainment crew that walks around pumping people up/hosting pool parties, which i missed from Jamaica, but was really unnecessary considering this resort wants to be more of a chill/relaxing vibe. However, the live cover band at the Paradisus bar was awesome, cant remember his name.

This place is awesome and was a 5 day dream. If you cant slow down and enjoy it then you need to readjust your life's expectations.

3  Thank Mike G
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I loved the experience of staying in this place start to finish! Where to begin? I planned and planned for a perfect honeymoon for my then fiancee and looked at tripadvisor and read all of your comments pretty much and even then was still blown away by this place. Registration was quick and comfortable, (they even brought us drinks while we waited) My wife is a vegetarian and we both do not drink alcohol but everyone was very accommodating with the drinks and making special vegetable platters for my wife. Sarah at the reception desk was VERY helpful and kind. She worked with me on my preference to not a two double queen bed for my honeymoon and instead she upgraded us to a master one bedroom suite. I was AMAZED. We prayed and thanked God for such a blessing. Our room was beautiful. I loved the quiet location and cleanliness of it. Sr. Castro of Room service was very friendly. When he found out it was my honeymoon he delivered beautiful strawberries with chocolate designs. There was soo much love among the staff to me and my wife. We felt so cared about and prioritized. We loved Sr. Jose Ramos the server at Naos he was an excellent server and went above and beyond to provide great service for us. This place is so beautiful like a paradise. The food is top notch delicious and the restaurant environment breathtaking. There are many activities to do that are great for couples and families alike. Make sure to sign up for the SCUBA classes! My wife and I did the snorkeling and paddle boat but unfortunately the weather was bad for SCUBA and we did not get a chance to go. However, we had such a great vacation already that we didn't get too sad about this. Elias the SCUBA instructor was very nice and courteous. Breakfast in our room was always on time and delicious, the entertainment was fun and creative, the beach break taking and awesome. Get ready for a wonderful experience with very loving hospitable people. God bless you all staff of Paradisus, you have made my wife and I's first week of marriage wonderful, a memory we will never forget!

Room Tip: Remember to have some dollars for tips. They do such great service even without the tips but it is a...
2  Thank GabrielTrujillo25
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Gabriel,

First of all allow me to express you my sincerest congratulations on your Honeymoon. It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that we could participate in making this occasion an unforgettable one.

I will share your compliments with each member of our team and I hope to host your wedding anniversary celebration.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have travelled extensively around the world and to many inclusive resorts. This has been by far the all round best inclusive resort. The service, food, and hotel were superb. I understand you cannot please everyone all of the time, but this place comes very close to doing so. All the staff I dealt with were extremely helpful from our concierge Ewing to our server Jairo Pacheco who went out of his way to make sure all our needs were tended to. We met Jairo our first day at the resort and everyday he made you feel like a special customer. I would also like to make a special mention about Richard Desrosiers - our waiter at Noas Buffet. Richard tried his utmost to make sure we had drinks at all times and even helped us get our 2 year old son to eat his dinner. Richard served us on two separate occasions and remembered our drink order without prompting. Juan - our server at Gabi Beach ensured that we always had a drink in hand and always had a smile on his face for our son. We will definitely return to this resort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Frtz123

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to post a review on Tripadvisor and for sharing your comments with us.

I would like to thank you for your kind compliments toward our staff. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to Edwing, Jairo, Richard, and Juan.

Your second home waits for you!

Best regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Place was so great all the way around. Concierge was very helpful, friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. Along with the elegance of the property the staff was fabulous. Everyone wants to make sure you have the best time possible. Friends are returning this year and the bride and groom changed locations to try other places and declared this was the best place of all the hotels on the island! When I return it will be to stay at this beautiful resort.

Room Tip: Swim up pool room was well worth the relaxation and the ambiance. Make sure everything works in it...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travelnickel
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had an exceptional stay at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication of Dalliance. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

my family and i have stayed in lots of all inclusive around the world. the reserve is by far the best one we have stayed!! comparing with the other 2 hotels we have stayed in pc, reserve is , for sure, the best!! everything is perfect there!! we arrived in the end of july 2012 and since the check in everything was super!! fernando, from the front desk, gave as a super attention, showing us the rooms and hotel ( it was 11 pm!!) and gave as a free upgrade in our room , what was super cause we have a baby with us . the whole week was perfect, with super treatment from the employees. We have like it so much that we are coming back this june 2013 , and its the first time we come back to the same all inclusive! we definitely recommend it to every one! reserve is the best all inclusive we know!!! and for sure, the best one in punta cana. who does not like it, should go to psychological treatment..

Room Tip: no tips, the hotel its completely perfect! who does not like it , has mental issues!
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TUTU1977

Dear Guest,

As Managing Director of The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real I feel highly honored to read your comments and on behalf of our team I would like to express you my gratefulness for your kind compliments toward our services and facilities.