The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ottawa, Canada
“Wow!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Please note this is a review for The Reserve section only. I was travelling with my wife and 14 month old baby.

The Reserve section is more removed from the main resort and as such much more quiet. We were in a 1-bedroom suite with the family concierge service. There are regular shuttles to the main section but we would usually walk which would take approx 10 min.

Resort was overall fantastic! Rooms are very clean, grounds well manicured, pools was a bit cold but also very clean. The pool and beach furniture were also really nice. The beach also had a reserve section with plenty of space. The rooms are fantastic, spacious, and the 2 jacuzzi's (one inside and one on balcony) were well used. What a fantastic feature! The included mini-bar and room service was also really nice to have...we did not have to worry about how much all this was costing us extra! My only "bad" comment is that the beds do not provide the greatest comfort, but even this is not too bad.

Service was overall great in restaurants, but sometimes a bit slow especially for morning coffee! We started ordering in room service (included) for morning coffee when we wanted it...great idea as it was always on time! None of us were sick at any point, and we ate everything with little restriction. The food was fantastic, especially in some of the specialty restaurants which were included as part of the reserve. The main buffet is also very good for both lunch and dinner. Bar service was overall exceptional especially in reserve sections but in order to get drinks regularly, a tip helped. Seemed like the number of "runners" was variable. The bar staff in general extremely friendly...especially Francesco and David on the beach!

The family concierge was fantastic as our week was pre-booked as far as beach huts and dinners go and our primary contact person was amazing! Thank you Sophia! It seemed like we had a new surprise every day including 2 bottles of champagne! Our baby was really too small to take advantage of all features family concierge and the kids zone...but would highly recommend it for 3 yrs and up but not sure you will money's worth prior to this age.

Overall, a great resort in reserve section. We were certainly well taken care of and myself and family were very happy and would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ShakiJen77
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Family,

Allow me to express my gratefulness for selecting us to celebrate your family vacation and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay with us. Our devotedness is to provide the highest quality service level beyond our guest expectations, and it is a real pleasure to learn we were able to exceed your expectations.

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back to this your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,517)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I don't see any reason to go to another resort in my life. I truly loved the reserve at paradisus and plan on going back for many years to come. I went with my wife but you can easily go with children as well. The place can be very romantic with 2 jacuzzis in your room (bathroom & balcony) if you stay in master suite, plenty of lounges, couches, beds around the pool and you can find places to be totally alone if you'd like. The restaurants have such a great ambiance and decorated so nicely. There is a huge kids pool with many slides as well as a whole kids zone with babysitting, jungle gym and activities all day long. Staying at the reserve had many perks. We had a choice to go to many more restaurants, our own huge pool, a roped off area on the beach with beds and hammocks, and better alcohol. Everything was truly unbelievable, including the rooms, restaurants, pools, beaches (but ocean was little dirty).
I have to give thanks to two people who really made our vacation that much better. Julio Moya who works by the reserve pool constantly made sure we were comfortable. He brought us towels, drinks & food constantly and is really such a nice guy.
Another was Alexander Ozuna at Aqua restaurant. We had diet restrictions and he was so understanding and helped us out greatly, offering suggestions and asking the chef to make off the menu items. We ate there twice because he was so helpful and made it easy to order & enjoy. He even remembered the second time what we ordered the 1st.
Few negatives to mention: I hated the fact that you had to make reservations for dinner because it seemed when we got there they only had 9:30 resos available for every night we were there. Book your reservations the day you get there for your whole trip. But then again, I didn't like being so scheduled and deciding what I wanted to eat days in advance.
Definitely recommend to everyone and I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lew G
Dear Lew,

I am glad to learn you have had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our services and facilities. I feel proud to know that we provided you an excellent service making your stay a unique and unforgettable one.

Best regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The Reserve is a great family vacation experience! We stayed for a week in Feb in one of the Garden Suites with our 20 month daughter and had a fabulous time.

She was treated like a princess! We got the concierge service, so she got daily little gifts, had access to 3 kiddie pools, an amazing Kid Zone/playroom and got to ride to the beach on golf carts. The concierge even made her a balloon bubble bath in our suite one day! Babysitting was also easy to arrange and at $15/hr a good deal for a resort.

For the adults, the hotel grounds are spectacular. The design is kind of like a higher end W Hotel, with beautiful landscaped gardens, winding pools, fabulous and abundant loungers and many private nooks. The place is kept clean and extremely well maintained. The rooms are also very spacious and comfortable. I highly recommend the Garden Suite which comes with a large private garden with lounge chairs, outdoor jacuzzi and a cabana.

I also recommend the concierge service. Cesaer was our concierge and he was amazing! He made dinner reservations, got us the best cabanas on the beach, arranged babysitting, made sure housekeeping worked around our daughter's nap times and all sorts of little odds and ends that made the vacation easy. Also he helped us extend our trip by a day when a snow storm made it impossible for us to go back to NYC when we were supposed to.

Why does the Reserve only get 4 stars and not 5?...Because of the food. They have plenty of it -- about 10 restaurants, inclusive room service, kid meals, whatever you want. Unfortunately none of it really tastes great.

All of the Reserve restaurants and all of the restaurants at the main hotel literally share one kitchen. Whether you're eating Italian, Asian Fusion or lunch sandwiches, it all tastes the same. The food tends to be bland, sometimes not fresh (dinner Quesadillas show up in the breakfast buffet, Shrimp Scampi becomes shrimp salad for lunch, etc) and so uniformly monotonous that I ended up wondering why not simplify the selection and focus on quality. No one needs an assortment of 15 breads to choose from or 10 hot buffet entrees at every single meal. Quality over quantity, please.

Food aside, we had a wonderful vacation and would definitely come back here. I highly recommend the Reserve over the main resort for families and also couples seeking more elegant, more mellow surroundings.

Room Tip: Garden Suites with concierge service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank katgut
Dear Family,

For me it is a honor to read your beautiful comments about your recent stay with us and learn you had a fabulous experience. I could imagine how amazing and special it was to receive all the specials surprises and details that Family Concierge offers.

I am so sorry to learn that you did not enjoy our several dining options. I assure you that the appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible.

The Paradise waits for your next visit.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Overall very satisfied with the resort and beach. Would recommend the Reserve portion of resort as it has additional higher quality restaurants that are included in all inclusive and it is more private than main resort. The main resort and beach is a quick 5 min walk or there are shuttles to take you to and from.
**** The 1 complaint we had was the pressure to attend a 90 min presentation on membership to Club Melia. When we arrived, our concierge helped to set up dinner reservations but also continued to bombarde us to go to the presentation despite declining several times. As a guest on vacation, the last thing you want to do is have one of your mornings taken up by being hassled about a presentation you have no interest in attending. So just beware and continue to decline if not interested.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank OmarA617
Dear Omar,

I greatly appreciate your compliments about our hotel. At The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real our commitment is to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

I have taken a good note of your observations regarding to our Club Melia presentation in order to take the appropriate measures.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I took my mom here on vacation instead of going to some store to buy her a mother's day/birthday gift. She and I had an amazing time. Since it's all inclusive we didn't have to come out of our pockets for anything at all. The staff is amazing and food really good. This was my very first all-inclusive vacation and I'm wondering why I've never done this before. I didn't mind spending 4 days on the property because there was so much to do. I am definately going back to stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real but this time I'm going with my significant other. Keep up the excellent work you guys. Kind Regards, K

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kenyatta916
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting us as the special place to celebrate your mother's birthday. I am glad to know both of you had a fabulous time and that you are planning to come back in the near future.

White Plains
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had a wonderful time over December vacation. The Staff could not have been nicer and really wanted to please us. Isabel G. was fabulous and made us feel like VIP guests!
We are a family of 5 and our rooms in the Reserve were among the nicest we have ever had. Spacious luxury suites with all the amenities. The property is large with a lot for teenagers to do at night. The many restaurants kept dinners interesting and non repetitive. The food was very good for an all inclusive catering to so many. Loved the Beach and out little Hut with our name on it. really a beautiful property and the Airport is totally renovated, comfortable and efficient. So pleasantly surprised! Yes I would recommend.

Room Tip: get the deluxe garden suites in the family concierge section. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda L
Dear Linda,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had an amazing stay at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication of Isabel Gonzalez. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A fabulous time for a girls get-a-way. We enjoyed the outstanding service poolside with Jullian. We never had to look around to find him, he found us with Mojitos and nachos. Our friend Drury
Sabino had our drinks at our table when he saw us coming for breakfast. He was always polite with a big warm smile to greet us. The food at all the restaurants was delicious. Our favorite being Vento. Our concierge, Marlenia was a joy. She went above and beyond our expectations.
Our rooms were beautiful and clean. The Spa was amazing. It is a premiere Resort with a top notch staff. I am looking forward to a return trip!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends