“Great Staff at the Reserve!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great Staff at the Reserve!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

At our recent stay at the Paradisus Palma Real "The Reserve" the staff was AWESOME! Starting with Julian Cabrera at the Reserve pool, he was very attentive with all of our needs. Especially with our drinks!! You must have dinner at Aqua and Mizu so you can have great service with a smile from Felipe Pinales and Pedro Paulina! When we had our morning breakfast we were greeted with a friendly smile from Sanson Santana "Carlos Santana Brother". When it came to having lunch at the Hydro Grill we looked forward to seeing Santo Ozuna, he took great care of us, offering us the local soup which was not on the menu. It was delicious. Lastly many hours at the pool bar we had great service from our bartenders Raydin Delgado, Fernando Mateo and Eusebio. They all made us feel welcome which made our trip very enjoyable. Looking forward to returning and seeing all the staff again. The entire staff was Awesome, these are just a few that stuck out from the rest!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary C
Rafael T, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had an exceptional stay at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication of our staff. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Once more, thank you for extending us your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you back soon at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Kind regards,

Paradisus Resorts Punta Cana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,434)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Clean, up-to-date, beautiful resort. Very helpful and extremely friendly staff. Plenty of restaurant choices. Great breakfast buffet. Good food overall---loved the room service and poolside food options.

All staff at the Reserve buffet breakfast were amazing! I am so sorry that I didn't get specific names of the gentlemen that were the most helpful. The buffet staff was very friendly and helpful each morning. They coached our kids to speak Spanish and a couple of the guys noticed/knew what we wanted to drink each morning with breakfast! The service was so personal and wonderful!

Julio Moya was our poolside food and beverage server and he was awesome! He always had a smile on his face and was frequently checking to see if we needed anything. His service was quick and efficient and he was extremely friendly and helpful!

Eusebio Guzman was tending the bar each day we were at the pool and he was always very friendly and helpful. Fantastic service!

David Mendoza led a wine tasting on our last evening at the Reserve and he was great! He was very professional, knowledgeable and friendly! We enjoyed the tasting very much!

1 Thank SM1968
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us and it is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from some of our staff members. I will personally pass on your comments to each one of them.

The Reserve team is going to be more than glad to welcome you back for a next wonderful vacation.

Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This resort was beautiful, our room was on the third floor which was a little inconvenient because I was in a cast boot, but the view was breathtaking! The room itself was wonderful, we had 2 jacuzzi's which were my 11 year old daughters favorite thing. The check in process was extremely fast and easy. The food was great at the Reserve, however the food at the Palma Real was disappointing. Im so glad we paid the extra money to stay at the Reserve. The pool's are never ending, they go on and on and on. Again, my daughter loved this. My husband became scuba certified and went out on a few dives while we were here and he loved that. I enjoyed lounging at the pool with my books - there was never an issue with finding a seat - there are tons of them available. The kids club was nice, my daughter didnt want to go alone so she only went for about two hours total the entire week we were there, but she did make a very cool tile finger painting. The beach is a few minute walk or a quick hop on the golf cart, not really an inconvenience as other people said it was. We ate at the buffet most mornings and the waiters knew us by name by day 2 and had my cappuccino ready as soon as I got there. Aqua had great food, and excellent waiters. All in all a GREAT vacation. We have been to many resorts around the world, and this is in our top 5, maybe even top 2.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Celena S
Dear Celena,

I am glad to learn you have had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed our services and facilities. Our biggest satisfaction is to know that all your expectations were exceed and that you will return in a near future.

Kind regards,

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

The service was okay overall, but Gabriel Bobadilla in Guest Services was OUTSTANDING. He was kind, well informed, actionable and went over the top. Some others on the property, not so much. The property itself is beautiful and very well kept overall. The rooms at the Reserve are wonderful. Just think about what kind of vacation you want first - there is no Dominican food here, you need reservations for dining, the food quality is so-so on buffets, and it feels more like South Florida than the Dominican Republic. If you don't want any surprises, this is your place, if you're looking for something more authentic, research elsewhere.

4 Thank Ben O
Dear Ben,

I apologize if some of our services did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your observations in these respects and I have forwarded your comments to the corresponding departments.

In other hand, I am glad that you appreciated the warmth and dedication of Gabriel from the Guest Service Department. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Ben, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hotel is beautiful, The Reserve is remote but easy to get back and forth to the main hotel for dinners and activities.

But it was really the staff that made our stay fantastic. We traveled for about 12 hours door-to-door the day we arrived, got unpacked and went straight to dinner which our concierge had already booked for us. We had dinner at Vento our first night and after great service from Felix de lo Cruz, he could tell I was still hungry (since we hadn't really eaten all day) so despite me saying I was OK, he insisted I try his favorite dish...and he was right! Fantastic meal especially because he went over and above to ensure our satisfaction.

We also have great waiter service from Sergio Calederon in Passion. Enough so that we paid to go there twice and ensured we sat at one of his tables.

I'd also like to thank Juan Jose Rosa for making our trip extra special. He is one of the often forgotten and unseen staff members since he was the one who stocks our bar fridge during the day. We tipped well a few of the days (left cash in the fridge), and he brought us champagne when we got back to the room, watched and learned what we were drinking to ensure we got extra of those instead of the stuff we didn't touch. Unsung hero of the staff.

Finally, Julio mo Yia at the pool at the Reserve was so friendly and attentive to us every day it made the vacation truly relaxing and comfortable.

So thanks to all the staff who were all amazing but these four really made our holiday special and helped ensure we come back with our entire extended family in future years.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darcy W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments of the customer service you received from our staff. Comments such as yours serve as great motivation for all of us. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each of staff members.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome your entire family at your home second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real is our annual Christmas getaway. We have been coming here for years and there is some improvement this year.

The setting: A 5-10 minute walk to the beach and the main Palma Real resort. The Reserve is newer construction than the original resort, so the rooms are fresher and larger. The setting is more secluded than the beachfront property with a lazy river type pool circling the interior territory of the property. If you can splurge for the swim up suites, it offers a more relaxing experience as you never have to worry about a bali bed/palapa. The restaurants are fewer than the beachfront resort but of better quality. The short walk to the beach and the beachfront Palma Real is pleasant and is a good way to walk off a meal or generally be a bit more active. The major upside is that there are no loud drunks here, it's serene and much more peaceful than the main resort. There are no hordes of people at The Reserve. If you want more tranquility, this is a better option. Finding beach chairs/bali beds is not hard, but you do have to get to the beach 10 or 11 for a good spot.

The pluses: The Reserve is under new management, which is an annual occurrence. This time the manager of the property really went out of her way. She took the time to personally greet us upon arrival, and checked in with us multiple times throughout our stay. Her warm smile and attention to our needs were remarkable, unlike her predecessors, whom we never saw or heard from. The food has improved at Aqua restaurant, which is the best restaurant among the beachfront Palma Real and The Reserve properties. The service at The Reserve has improved overall.

The minuses: The mosquitoes are horrible. The staff sprays the rooms; the hotel sprays the perimeter at night. However, nothing helps and the mosquitoes persist. You cannot be by the pool after 3pm. The mosquitoes will eat you alive. Inside, the mosquitoes are not as bad as outside, but you will still get bitten multiple times while sleeping. The gym is small but well equipped the only thing missing is a rowing machine. Most of the classes are held at the main gym situated in the beachfront resort, which is an inconvenience. Also, at 7-7:10pm, the electricity blows out at the gym. All the treadmills go dead. I asked for this to be fixed multiple times and it never was. The last major negative is horribly slow internet. You can only get decent speeds very early or very late. At the prices that this hotel charges, it is appalling to have such poor internet speed. The wifi coverage is solid, but using the net is an exercise in frustration.

All in all, The Reserve is a comfortable, enjoyable stay. The small details could be improved but the change in management is in the right direction.

4 Thank Brooklynite_Abroad
Dear Family,

I am glad to know that once again you have selected us as your vacation destination and that your stay was as great and satisfactory as the previous one.

I regret very much that we did not impress you with some of our services. I assure you, that the managers of the various departments involved have been informed of the particular observations, and that appropriate measures will be taken wherever possible.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Where I come from, hot water is a basic, fundamental requirement. Beautiful room had NO hot water. The room directly above might have had some, but that water came pouring down through the ceiling in our room.
Check-in to this hellhole took 3hours or more. Food is crap, service poor.
I am typically not that hard to please but I wish I had never come.

33 Thank jonathan r