“Great Service from waiters”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Paramus, New Jersey
“Great Service from waiters”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Reserve last week and had a great time. The food was good and the serve was wonderful. The wait staff was so sweet to my niece who is 2 years old. In particular, Hamlet Rosa, a server at the Gabi Restaurant, was especially cheerful and helpful every morning. He made it a point to give my niece a high five every day and was so sweet to her. Devri Sabino was also extremely nice. He made sure my family had a table big enough for 8 every morning and was very accommodating and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear guest,

It is a real honour for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from all our wait staff. I will personally pass on your comments to each one of them.

We await you soon at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,489)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We went on vacation to the Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real a few weeks ago with my huge family of 30, including grandparents, grandchildren, cousins and friends. We alll had an extraordinary trip since they had entertainment for all ages.

The kids hung out all day at the beach and kid's pool, and when they were tired of the sun, would move on to the indoor kid's club. The staff at the kid's club was amazing and would entertain our kids for hours! They did crafts, sports, games and even had an outdoor playspace and bouncehouse. We were able to relax by the pool while the kids played at the kid's club!

They have so many restaurants which are all incredibly diverse. We ate great food, drank great wine and the service was great! We especially loved Adalberto Jimonez and Hamlet Rosa who were a couple of our excellent waiters.

Two other fantastic people who made this trip incredible were Isabel Gonzalez, the Hotel Manager and Genaro Gil, the Guest Relations Manager. They made sure that all 30 of us were taken care of and happy throughout our stay. They helped us with dining reservations and excursions which I'm sure is difficult with a family of 30!

The rooms were amazingly comfortable and beautifully decorated. We had all the comforts of home and more!

1 Thank Monica M
Dear Monica,

I would like to extend my gratitude for selecting us to celebrate your vacation and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a perfect stay with us.

I feel proud and grateful for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by Adalberto Jimenez, Hamlet Rosa, Isabel Gonzalez, and Genaro Gil. It is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each of them.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We will be waiting for you and your family at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

When looking for a location for our wedding we didn't even know what country or city to go to. We picked the Paradisus based on the Internet and reviews alone. It lived up to all of our expectations. Massiel and Rosa made our day amazing. Massiel was constantly contacting me and accommodating all of our needs. Rosa was at all of our events telling us what to do and where to be. They were both genuinely concerned with our happiness! It was a comfort and a relief. They even accommodated a vegetarian guest at the last minute. Everything was so beautiful and amazing. It was worth every penny!!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort for such special occasion, your wedding. We are aware that they are few important moments in life as a couple’s wedding, and I feel highly honored to have been trusted with your wedding. I will gladly pass on your compliments to Massiel and Rosa.

We are going to be more than glad be part of your wedding’s anniversary celebration.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We visited the reserve from june 30 to july 7, 2012. The hotel is beautiful, but what stands out the most is the service. Thank you Milly, our concierge and Diane our private nanny. The kids still miss you. Thanks to Pedro Paulino and Juan Peguero from the Gabi club for the excellent mango milkshakes and putting up with the demands of a group of 11 people. Thank you Francisco Estrella for the beach chairs and never letting our drinks go dry. We'll be back next summer.

Room Tip: Mosquitos are a problem. Try to get a third floor room
1 Thank cakyla99
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for selecting us as your vacation destination. It pleases us to hear your comments about our facilities and the great service you have received from Milly, Diana, Pedro Paulino, Juan Peguero, and Francisco Estrella. I will personally pass on your compliments to them.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you again at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband, son, and I were at the The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real a few weeks ago. We've been to over a dozen all-inclusive resorts in Jamaica, Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic over the past several years, and overall this is the best one. Love the size of the rooms, the decor, and the upgrade with a private backyard with jacuzzi, table/chairs, lounge chairs, and cabana. The grounds are impeccably manicured. The service was fabulous. Luis E. Rodriguez was a waiter of ours on several occasions, making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Absolutely loved it there.

3 Thank Gina G
Dear Gina,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review about your recent stay with us. As a service-oriented company, our goal is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guests’ expectations; therefore we put our greatest interest into your opinion. It is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your stay and to leave beautiful and unforgettable memories in your heart.

Kind regards,

Bronx, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My 9yr old daughter and I vacationed in June. We truly enjoyed our stay and vowed to return ASAP. Despite AA delivering our luggage 3 days into our trip, causing me to decide to cut our trip short, the staff at Palma Real really stepped up to the plate. They were truly empathetic and tried to accommodate me as much as possible, even though they were not to blame at all. I was prepared to pay for the week and was surprised upon discharge when they refunded me for our unused days.
The grounds were impeccable, the staff very friendly, the rooms were really nice. My only issue was I didn't enjoy the food (except for the pool bar) and upon checkin there was a used loofah sponge in the shower and the jacuzzi tub needed repair (a repairman quickly responded).

Room Tip: Get a ground level room with private courtyard and private pool access.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jetsetting101
Dear guest,

I would like to extend my gratitude for selecting us to celebrate your vacation and for sharing the impressions of your recent stay. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had great stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We will be waiting for you and your daughter at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Sadly, tonight is my last night at the Reserve at PPR in Punta Cana. My mom and I have been here for the past 7 days and are in love. The scenery is breathtaking. The atmosphere is laid back and very relaxing. The facilities from the restaurants to the rooms and even down to the bathrooms are gorgeous and well kept. There was nothing we wanted for.

I have to note that the service and attentiveness of the staff as a whole was outstanding, including the golf cart transportation. We never waited longer than 5 minutes for those things.

I also must note that the Reserve portion of Paradisus is newer and far more exclusive (fewer people, smaller staff, etc). Most of the activities, gift shop, and most importantly beach access are at the what I call "big hotel" which is just a short walk or golf cart ride over. I will say that I'm am so glad we were at the Reserve - a little piece of heaven away from the crowded "big hotel".

The only issues I have would be, first off, all of the children. Soooo many small kids. But obviously that's personal preference. A plus for families! The other issue is the hours the pools are open. You can only swim form 8am-7pm because they treat the pools outside of that time frame. So no late night or early morning swims. I thought that was a bummer :(

Room Tip: Spend the extra money on a "swim up" suite. Just like the name implies; you can literally...
2 Thank laurhud
Dear guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to learn that you had an amazing stay at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort, and that you appreciated the warmth and dedication of our staff. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Thank you for your wonderful and lovely comments. I do hope to welcome you very soon at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.