“SO AWESOME, We've Gone Back 7 Years In A Row!!!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Seven years ago, the Paradisus Palma Real opened their BEAUTIFUL resort in the Dominican Republic. That first year, I went with my mom and son (then 6 months old) and we were just BLOWN AWAY by the beauty of the resort, the UNBELIEVABLE rooms, pools, service and overall experience. The resort was brand new and everything was just PERFECT!! When we left, we vowed to return the next year.

Well, that was 7 years ago and we've been returning EVERY year since that first year. The staff there have always made us feel like FAMILY and they even call it our "second home". We use their wonderful Family Concierge service and we've had some FANTASTIC concierges including Oliver and Petra, but this year we really hit the jackpot with Milly!!!!! She anticipated our every need and took such great care of my son (now 6), including taking him too and from their BEAUTIFUL Kid Zone. Milly really spoiled us with her attention to every detail and she won my son's heart by leaving him a special surprise in our room every night..some nights a bubble bath in the big jacuzzi tub with balloons, other nights a special pillow that smelled of jasmine and always a special desert just for him. Who could ask for anything more?

Since the Reserve has opened, we have been staying there because of the proximity to the Kid Zone and the HUGE pool with 4 slides for kids. The water is all the same low level across the pool and it makes it easier on parents who are worried about their kids who haven't quite mastered swimming yet. We've always stayed in the 1 bedroom master suite and the rooms are the VERY BEST I have ever stayed in (and I travel a LOT)!!!!!! They have a full kitchen table, with refridgerator, sink, etc. in the kitchen. A full living room, a 2 part bathroom with a jacuzzi tub in one part and a HUGE 2 person walk in shower in the other part, complete with 2 shower heads. Then, walk out onto the balcony and there is ANOTHER jacuzzi tub a couch, tabel and chairs and a beautiful view. Again, what more could you ask for?!?!?

The VERY best part of our trips to this resort though is the respect we are treated with while we are there. The rooms are SPOTLESS and still look brand new. The staff is courteous and goes out of their way to ensure you have EVERYTHING you could ever need. And they truly make you feel like part of their Paradisus family!

I HIGHLY recommend this resort (and we've tried others in the Dominican Republic) and we wouldnt think of staying anywhere else. We are already booking our trip for next year... Check it out, you'll NEVER want to stay anywhere else either!!!!!!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with staying in the Reserve. ALL the rooms are beautiful there. If you have...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Gina B
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear Gina,

I cannot describe how satisfied and proud I feel after reading your comments. I am pleased to hear that your seven stays with us have been unique and unforgettable experiences where all your expectations were exceeded. For us, you have become a very special member of our big and valuable family.

Thank you for preferring The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort and we look forward to welcome you in the near future for an "awesome 8th stay".

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (7,501)

Reviewed May 29, 2012

The resort was beautiful, clean & tons of fun! My brother got married & the 60+ people that attended had nothing but the highest praise for Paradisus. Of special significance were Adenawer Perez & Natanael Silvestre from the Hydro Grill. They knew exactly when to freshen up our beverages & were always within view for the slightest whim. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Peter,

Thank you selecting us for your brother`s wedding and for extending us your comments about service and staff. It pleases us to know that we completely fulfilled your expectations.

I feel proud to learn that Adenawer Perez and Nathanael Silvestre participated in making your stay a great one.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed here in April and it was a wonderful time for my wife and 4 children age 6-13. The stars of the week were the people and the pool at the Reserve. The people were very kind and for the most part very attentive. Big thanks to Genaro Luis as our concierge, Alexander and mgt for helping with Easter Bunny baskets, Juan at the pool and Hamlet everywhere on the property! Genaro kept up with or constantly changing listof requests and priorities with a smile on his face- he is great at his job and I could see him really moving up! The pool was absolutely fantastic, the outer pool winds on and on forever and people who have it as a swim up on the back of their room didn't mind us coming by. Only drawbacks were: some of the food staff (and the food) at the pool could be extremely slow (and sometimes forgetful). Overall the food was good +, some better than others (Vento and you have to go to Passion, it is worth it). and the internet connection never really worked anywhere. But it was a great place to get away from it all and the staff made us feel they were there to help us just enjoy. Wonderful place!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NJtraveler777

Dear guest,

At The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

It is a real honor for me to hear your comments about our facilities and the exceptional service you have received from Genaro and Alexander. I will personally pass on your comments to them.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Making Reservation - Stayed at this resort via RCI September 2011. I had read a number of reviews and tried to cover all the bases before I selected this resort. Right from the start I contacted Alex regarding a request for a room upgrade to a swim-up suite. Poor Alex, no matter how many questions, he promptly answered each and every one of them.

Airport - Arrival : Everyone is hurded in towards customs. Get your money ready for the Tourist Card which you will immediately hand over in order to gain entry. Process is disorganized and hilarious. You have to laugh. It'd be easier to hand them the $10.00. Whatever..it's island time..
and you're on vacation. The drinks and beach are only minutes away.
Transportation - I arranged for my own private transportation recommended by the resort. Amstar transportation which was seamless. I had so much room I offered a ride to Frank and Lisa guests at the resort. There was no additional cost. Plenty of room and drivers were prompt and professional.

Arrival - at the resort and was promptly greeted by Alex and staff. Initially had a glitch with WiFi which was important to me and Alex immediately switched rooms for me.

SPA - I booked a couple of treatments at the Spa. Having been to a number of Spas, I was pleasantly surprised as the staff and treatments were unbelievable! I was walking on clouds.

Resort Mobility: The Reserve is an enclave away from the main resort which is only a golf cart ride away. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes and while walking through the resort they always stopped and offerred rides. That was a huge plus!

The restaurants were very good - The staff, food, (some better than other's depending on tastes), I was disappointed the Hibachi didn't have the "fire" for the cooking show. Breakfast at the reserve was very good and they accomodated any requests. I enjoyed going to the main resort for dinner and events. I especially enjoyed the circus event which was incredible. I regret not having all the names of the superb staff, but do recall Diana and give a shout out to her.

Housekeeping - The housekeeping staff was unbelievable! I asked for certain things to be cleaned daily and she always went above and beyond as though it was her own room.

Swimup Suite - It was fantastic to be able to walk a few steps for an early morning swim without much ado. Highly recommend the upgrade.

Private Beach - The designated private beach area was great and the service was readily available. Ocean was accessible for swimming without issue. Pool was nearby for those who like that option. There were restaurants and with ladies and mens rooms and showers a few steps from the beach.

Shopping - The resort has a shopping mall of many stores, movie theater, restaurants and plenty of security. The shopping area was safe and the resort provided transportation to and from without difficulty.

Golfing - I met a couple who went golfing and although it was hot, they went early and had fun.

Although I belong to Palace Resorts, this was a great but rare option through RCI (1 in 3 rule). I highly recommend staying at this resort. If you have a specific request, please be sure to contact them in advance to allow them to determine if they can accomodate your request, and that it's not always available with a last second notice. As far as tips. No tips are expected or are required. However, having traveled a number of places, I found the service was exceptional and tipped those individuals to show my appreciation for making my stay a delight.

Airport Return - Plenty of shopping at the airport once you pass Customs. Recommend shopping there. It's open air - so be sure to dress comfortably.

Room Tip: I contacted Alex in advance for a upgrade to a swim-up suite. He was always prompt, patienct in ans...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank DreamGirl60

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for selecting us as your vacation destination. It pleases us to hear your comments about our facilities and the great service you have received from Alex and Diana. I will personally pass on your compliments to each one of them.

I look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again at your home second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Our family of 5 spent 5 nights at The Reserve. It was an amazing vacation! The property was beautiful, the service was excellent, and the pool was perfect. A special thank you to Deivi Cueto. He took great care of our family. It was a super vacation!

Room Tip: The suites are worth the money to have more space.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Amy,

Thank you for extending us your valuable comments about our facilities,service, and pool. It pleases us to know that we completely fulfilled your expectations. I would like to thank you for your kind compliments of the customer service you received from our staff. Comments such as yours serve as great motivation for all of us. I will gladly pass on your compliments to Deivi Cueto.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Reserve at the Paradisus Palma Real. This is a beautiful property (so is the non reserve side). What we especially loved was the service by everyone at the Reserve properly but wanted to give one person a specific thank you. Adalberto Jimenez was a jack of all trades. He cooked, he got towels, he got drinks, he made drinks. He was simply awesome. His service and warm personality would be enough to get me to come back to this property. If you stay here, tell Adalberto that his American family (Mama, Papa, and two Brothers haha, what he called us) said hello.

Room Tip: We had a Mastersuite in the Reserve section and it was absolutely gorgeous.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear guest,

There is not greater satisfaction for us than learning you enjoyed a wonderful vacation thanks to the effort and dedication demonstrated by our staff, especially by Adalberto Jimenez. You may rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We spent 9 nights in late March and had a great time there, the place has a very nice infrastructure, pools everywhere, lovely rooms and a superb layout, with the con of being a little far from the beach, forcing you to a 10 min walk, or wait for the golf cart. Some bicycles would be a good idea.
Having said this, their employees made the real difference. We had Dalmy as our concierge and she was excellent, being around and anticipating our needs and providing tips about what to do in the complex and out of it. She was open to observations on the quality of the services provided and quick to mitigate them, involucrating her manager, Isabel, when she felt it was needed. Kudos to both of you!
The restaurants were probably the low in our stay, they don't have a consistent quality. Given their limited menu, anyone would think they would be quick to bring the foods and beverages, but sometimes it took ages for them to even get our orders (as in Gabi beach). Again Isabel was there the next morning to apologise and try to make amends.
But was the last day when we really demonstrate that they go beyond their resposibilities to help any of the guests. A bee stung our eldest daughter and caused a severe alergic reaction, and both Dalmy and Isabel were there helping us, getting a doctor and sorting things so we would concentrate in taking care of our daughter.

Overall we will gladly return if the opportunity arises, and we encourage both Dalmy and Isabel, and through them the rest of the personnel of The Reserve to continue doing what they do, delivering an excellent service

Javier & Carol

Room Tip: The rooms on building 53 are very quiet, as they are on the far side of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank javasa
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear guest,

It is truly a pleasure for me to hear that you had a great stay at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort, and that you appreciated the friendliness and dedication of our staff. We are aware that it is thanks to our excellent team that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests. I will gladly pass on your compliments to each one of them.

Once more, thank you for your valuable comments. I do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again here at our The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.