“Fantastic Place!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York, New York, United States
“Fantastic Place!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We loved staying at tis resort. Attention was terrific, everyone loves kids and they go the extra mile for their guests. Amenities are great. Food was ok, but above expectations for an "all inclusive" resort. All the staff was terrific, but a special mention has to be made about Hamlet Rosa and Adenawer Perez, who absolutely went above and beyond to keep my wife, baby girl and I absolutely comfortable at all times. Acuatic activities, including scuba diving, are part of the all inclusive experience. Would deffinitely come back. If you plan to make Punta Cana your vacation destination, make it a priority to saty at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Manuel A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,489)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed here last September for our parents wedding anniversary. There was 10 people total. We decided to to stay and pay a little more at the Reserve portion of the resort which gives you access to everything plus it also offers a more privacy too. The resort was absolute wonderful from the hotel rooms, beach and the magnificent spa.. Overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It was first class all the way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank bcp74
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I went for a friends wedding April 28th and the Hotel is absolutely Gorgeous! We got upgraded to the Reserve and that was just the best. All the servers at the reserve are just super friendly and very sincere. The Kid's zone is great! All the girls at the Kidzone are so very friendly! On the disco night, all the coordinators dance in the Lobby with the guests and they also do routines, very creative! I spoke with the choreographer, she was really friendly. Her name was Maria Cecilia and the dances were awesome! They are all in phenomenal shape. I used to work a resort many years ago in Jamaica and I can really appreciate all that they do. Up at all times, entertaining guests with a smile. It's not easy and they were always friendly no matter what. I really enjoyed that evening. The night of the wedding was the Michael Jackson show so we didn't get to see it, but other people that did said it was just great! The food is awesome. Great hotel, Beautiful ambiance. You get your money's worth for sure, because it's not cheap:)

Room Tip: The reserves were great, nice and private, like a mini apartment with kitchenette. Some rooms had th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have been visiting Punta Cana for years and have always enjoyed the resorts and food, but the service, hospitality and all around quality we just experienced at The Reserve was superb. The resort itself is absolutely beautiful from the pools to the rooms. But one of the many things that stand out was the food, we experienced the most delicious entree you can image prepared by chef Carlos Cabrera. We know his name because we felt we need to meet the person behind the spectacular dishes we were being served. The only other comment we can offer is that the management is doing a great job keep up the good work and we'll see you again in September

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jesus D
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I just returned home from celebrating our anniversary and attending our friends' wedding at this resort. This was our second trip to the DR, last year we stayed at Paradisus Punta Cana and it was wonderful. This year, we were blown out of the water! We felt as if we wanted something, everyone bent over backwards to make sure we got it! I felt so spoiled and pampered! If I asked for something once, I never had to ask again- they always supplied extras after that!
The food was delicious (better than last year-sorry PPC). The omelets, fresh fruit, french toast and pastries at the breakfast buffet were the best I've had! The burgers and salads at the Hydro Grill were awesome for lunch by the pool, and their nachos became our afternoon snack- every afternoon! The various restaurants for dinner were out of this world! Yes, portions were small, but it's all inclusive so we ordered a selection from each menu category-allowing us to try new foods. Expertly prepared and so beautifully presented! Ahh, so yummy!
I've read some of the negative comments about staff members being rude or some complaining about the language barrier. First, they must've been thinking of a different resort, because every single person we encountered smiled, said hello, and often asked if there was anything they could do for us. And second, language barrier? Umm, we are visiting their country and they speak Spanish. Part of visiting another country is their language and culture is different from ours. I took Spanish is high school- 13 years ago and haven't used it since- so I'm a bit rusty! Any attempt at all, even simply using 'hola', was sincerely appreciated by the staff. They worked on their english, we worked on trying spanish, and for the most part, we were able to communicate-laughing most of the time! It was very nice to interact with these people and to learn about their culture and families. If you prefer to be left alone, they understood that as well.
We feel so rested and rejuvenated after our trip- we can't wait to go back!
Also, we loved their wedding and reception so much, we plan on renewing our vows there!

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are wonderful. We used ours for sleeping and bathing. If you plan on enjoyi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank yffracs04401
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had a great time at this resort! It was off-season so we had no issues getting reservations, best seats at the beach, or shuttle service to the main hotel lobby. We had a semi-private swim-up suite at the Reserve which we absolutely loved! It was not on the beach but the pool and gardens were so beautiful. We ate at the Hydro Grill and Gabi Beach buffett almost every day for breakfast and lunch. We tried all the restaurants but Passion because it was not included. Gabi Beach (at the main hotel) was our favorite! We could have eaten there every night. The hibachi restaurant was yummy as was the sushi bar at Bana. Vento and Aqua were not that great. The house wine is awful, but for $50 I could have bought a bottle of wine that costs $30 at home. The desserts at the restaurants were terrible, but most places can get you chocolate ice cream if you ask nicely and tip well.

The best drink on the menu is the Coco Loco! Order it. You will not be disappointed!

Tip early and often. You will develop a reputation as a bad/good tipper and your service will depend on it.

Some people that helped us out:

Captain Gregory Morrell (spelling?) He was wonderful!! We never waited for a shuttle. He even took us in his van if a golf cart was not available.

Roger Rodrigez and David Mendoza were our servers at Aqua and Gabi Beach. They took care of us every day and were just fun to talk to. Roger even helped me with my Spanish.

Felix and Shennly at the Gabi Beach bar were outstanding. The drinks tasted great and they had them ready before we even asked for them! Shennly was sent home due to the slow tourist traffic. I hope they bring her back soon. She is excellent!

Catamaran tour at Squba Aquatic was so worth the $75 per person! It was four hours long with free drinks and chips and salsa on the boat. We snorkeled at a reef, swam with sharks and sting rays, and had a party on the water with other boats. Very cool experience! Look for Eddy on the beach. He is AWESOME and will get you set up in no time.

On the first day, your conceirge will try to set you up for a timeshare presentation. We agreed. It was supposed to be 90 minutes and it took all of three hours! The package they want you to pay for is $30,000 or the honeymoon package which is $14,000 to pay over fifty years. They want $2000 up front and then an $1100 per year maintenance fee. The only "break" you get is not paying for the room on your yearly vacation. You still have to pay the adult, all-inclusive fee of $110 per person per day. Know this up front and don't waste you first morning.

Bring all the bug spray you can! The mosquitos are not bad outside, but if a few get in your bedroom at night, they will have a feast. Bug spray is $15 at the shop so bring citronella candles, extra spray, and calamine lotion for the bites you will get.

Other than that, it was a wonderful vacation! The people here are so kind and helpful. We will be back, because no other resort will compare to the Reserve at Palma Real!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ReeGeeTN
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Kids club kids club, that was our kids (5 and 3 year old) favority place at the resort!
We stayed one week in Paradisus Palma Real in April and payed the upgrade to use the facilities at the Reserve. Well worth it. The kids just love the kids club, the girls looking after them there were lovely. There are so few places left that kids can be free and this is one of them, excellent for vacation, as kids need it too, the freedom to choose a bit what they want to do. The environment for the club is good, they have lots of activities but also let the kids be free and make friends with each other. We were back in Santiago, and my daughter said she missed her friends in Punta Cana!
After Paradisus Palma Real we stayed a week in Club Med. As I had not heard about the kids program in Palma Real, I thought the first week would be our time with the kids, and the second week my husband and I time alone! It was the other way around. While the kids program at club med is also good, it was too structured for my kids. Also the fact that it was mostly in French and English (my kids speak spanish) was a barrier.
For 2/3rd of the price of Club Med, Paradisus Palma Real with the access to the Reserve was a much better deal. We were at Club Med and the kids kept asking to go back to the other hotel, not to mini and petit club but to kids club!
My only complain about the Reserve and Palma Real is the fact people and the resort save places with the towels for VIP clients. It is a waste! I would go to the beach from 9 to 11, nobody would be there, but I wouldn´t be able to use the first few rows by the beach! Other than that, and even with that, it is a great place. Food is good. Service is good. Rooms are very good.

Room Tip: I actually stayed at Palma Real, on the way to the reserve, half way from the reserve, half way from...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family