8,517 results
All reviews family concierge gabi club kids zone hydro grill main resort dinner reservations gabi beach angela mercedes andy constante juan tiren private garden bedroom master suite real resort blue agave personal concierge family vacation yhi spa
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I don't even know where to begin!?! This resort surpassed my expectations. My husband and I just returned from a 5 day honeymoon in Punta Cana. The grounds are gorgeous and our room was HUGE!! We had room for at least another family. We had the 1 Bedroom Master Swim Up Suite. We were greeted with drinks during check in and it only took about 5 to 10 minutes before we were taken to our rooms. Dalmy was our concierge and had all our dinner reservations booked within a hour after we arrived. This resort is perfect if you are looking to relax and sit out by the pool. The pool was never crowded and there were plenty of chairs always available. The private beach is also a plus. Booking at the reserve gets you access to the Paradisus as well as the private beach (Gabi). At first I didn't know what to expect with the food since it was all inclusive but surprisingly dinner was great every night! Aqua and Vento(Italian) was my private! Yhi Spa is a must, we did the couples biomassage and I didn't want it to end.

Pros: Everyone is so nice!! I mean seriously I have never seen such kind people wanting to help others. Make sure to go visit Juan Banisto at the hyrdo grill and pool area. He will be sure to make you smile. Fernado and Ronni kept a drink in our hand before dinner at the H20 bar!! We made sure to go visit them every night before our dinner reservations. Rooms are enormous. Make sure if you can to get a swim up room. Can't wait to return!!!

Cons: not a big deal but several times we ordered cheeseburgers well done and everytime they came back pink. I can do some pink but they were literally not done in the inside. But this wouldn't stop me from going back.

Room tip: Get a Swim Up Room
1  Thank MMJ_14
Reviewed April 26, 2012

So far this has been a wonderful experience. The grounds ae beautiful, very well maintained and sparkly clean. While it is an all inclusive and tips are included, we felt compelled to usually tip because the service has been over the top. All of the staff are very helpful, always with a smile and usually responding to our saying thank you by responding "its my pleasure". We are staying in a one bedroom master suite. Our daughter is sleeping on the pull out couch which is very comfortable. Two jacuzzis are pretty nice too. A large terrace helped when raining. While the resort is fairly booked, there is never a feeling of crowds. In fact, quite the opposite. The beach is well spread out. I sat at the pool reading one afternoon, and in 1 1/2 hours, only one person swam by. If you need relaxation, this is definitely the place. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because the beach area is lacking waiter and towel service. And did I say the beach is very clean? The restaurants are quite good for an all inclusive resorts. All are decorated very nicely. Bottom line, we definitely plan on returning.

Room tip: Face the pool, not the road.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I came to celebrate our anniversary. Our personal conceige Jordy was fantastic. He helped with everything and he is one super nice guy. The staff here is so friendly and nice. Marlenia Belliard is a hostess for the restaurants. She worked with us so that we could enjoy dinner at Aqua (Men must wear long pants and my husband didn't bring long pants on vacation). We were able to order from the Aqua menu and food was great. I found a friend that I meet last year at the Hardrock. Gustavo Castro has a beautiful smile and is so very helpful and fun to be around. He works at the Gabi Bar with Luis Martinez (another beautiful smile). They are very hard workers and treat you very well. Ronny Gomez is also a very hard worker and is so very friendly. Greated us every day with a smile and "how are you today". Juan Francisco Garcia and Fernando Herrera are 2 bartenders at the h2o bar. Also very friendly and happy to serve you. Hamlet is like no other. He was very attentive to our needs and always very helpful. He made excellent recommendations for wine, dinner entries, etc. The Hydro Grill there is Luis "the Cuban" who works very hard and even got us lunch when the restaurant was closed due to the rain. The Resort is very clean and very relaxing except for the kids whose parents chose to ignore them as they ran around the restaurant, yelling, etc. All in all we had a wonderful time and I would recommend this resort to others.

Room tip: Ground floor is best.
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I don't know what happened since the last time we were here a lot of things changed for the worst.I'm a foodie and also i know everything they had in there menu and room service.they replaced the real American cheese with cheese wiz on the burgers.they no longer have real pina coladas but some nasty slushy machine that makes it taste like a cough medicine.The room service was painful to even look at.Did the manager from last year quit or something?|

Well it rained 5 out our seven days the resort has no entertainment at alI ended up in the other side by the beach with our friend el fuego serving up drinks.Gaby beach was great.the buffet in the palma real side was great at night and the head chef lebron who is a amazing person did special meals for us as he did last year.if it weren't for the staff ill give them a 1 but they need to step there game up for the price they charging.I will never return

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
15  Thank leo_travel_agent
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The third year going to The Reserve and it just gets better, loved the attention and hospitality in special "Juan Bautista" he is the one in charge of the pool at the reserve he is very friendly and helpful, always doing anything in his hands to make you comfortable. If you looking for a upscale place to relax this is your place. WE LOVE IT

Room tip: All rooms are good I had stay the first time at a swim up, second time was a one bedroom suite and this trip we had a master suite which is good if you traveling with the family, overall they are all good and spacious.
2  Thank Yen0