The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Service at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)
View Hotel
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
  • Breakfast included
Now Garden Punta Cana(Bavaro)
View Hotel
NH Punta Cana(Punta Cana)
7,839 results
All reviewsfamily conciergekids zonehydro grillgabi clubmain resortdinner reservationscarlos penagabi beachangela mercedesprivate gardenbedroom master suitereal resortblue agavepersonal conciergeyhi spafamily vacationgolf cart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2012

And that was all due to our conceirge Domingo. Our extended family of 19 just returned from Christmas week @ The Reserve. The Accomodations and staff are both outstanding. Domingo ensured that my Mom's 80th birthday celebration was exactly as she wanted with all 19 of us having dinner together each night, all arranged by Domingo. We don't like buffets and Domingo ensured that we had reservations and/or dinner arrangements nightly that met our wants. Two extra special evenings he arranged were a 'beach' party and a pool dinner @ Hydro Grill. My mom slipped coming out of the shower one day and Domingo accompanied her twice for medical attention, once to walk in clinic and once to a private emergency facility. This was definitely going the extra mile and just one example of the level of service. We spent most of the time @ The Reserve and I would highly recommend it. Even though it was completely booked, it didn't feel busy and many areas were quite quiet, such as the fitness centre. One suggestion to make the resort top notch would be to address the typical pool chair hogging. Their terrific staff could monitor loungers and remove personal effects such as books and coverups when not occupied for extended periods of time. The one hitch to our trip was room location. Mom had booked 8 rooms, including 4 Master Swim Ups. We covered ages 7 to 83 and wanted the rooms all together. Our travel agent was told 5 days before we arrived that we would be in two adjacent villas, which wasn't ideal. When we arrived @ 6 pm we were spread over 4 villas!!! After 2 hours @ registration we found an 'okay' solution with rooms over 3 villas. If room location is important to you, this is something you will need to address when your reservation is made. Also resort needs to give better information about room configurations, such as being told months ago that there were no connecting rooms, while 4 of our rooms could have connected to adjacent rooms.

Again, let me stress that while we did have some hiccups, due to the staff, service and surroundings the trip ended up being amazing and full of great memories for all of us. It isn't about the hiccups, it is about how they are handled.

Room Tip: Highly recommended swim up rooms. Highly recommend The Reserve. Highly recommend rooms with conceirge service.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to express my gratitude for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us.At the Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real we have a commitment to provide quality service beyond our guests’ expectations, and it is a real pleasure for us to learn that we have achieved our goal.

I feel proud for your compliments on the big efforts and dedication demonstrated by Domingo. It really pleases me to know he went the extra mile to exceed your expectations. I will gladly pass your comments to him.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real.

Best regards,

Rafael Torres
Managing Director

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I am currently looking for a destination and it has become obvious that I stayed at the best first in Punta Cana. The Reserve was it's own paradise with-in paradise... The staff was incredible, and the food was extraordinary. I could have lived there for the rest of my life!!! And not to mention, if you have the chance, the massages in the spa are nothing like you will ever experience anywhere else. But take some extra clothes in with you to the spa because the hot tub afterwards is open to other spa goers as well. We ordered room service for wine, from our very own hot tub on our balcony and was served on the balcony! At 2AM.. WOW... I'm about to give up my search and go back there again. It will always be hard to compare to The Reserve!

Room Tip: Go in The Reserve at Paradises if you can!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FF721
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I will preface my review by stating that I have very high expectations of hotels and prefer to stay in 5 star luxury properties when I travel for business and pleasure. We chose the reserve for our pre christmas vacation in 2010 because it seemed to be a fair compromise between luxury and cost--our expectations were exceeded. For this reason, we returned for another week in December of 2011 with our rather large family.

The property itself is beautiful. Their master suites are well appointed and comfortable. The chesterfields are a bit stiff, but the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are very functional, with a separate toilet room, couple's shower, and 3 sinks. Large terraces boast jacuzzi tubs, ample furniture and great views.

The grounds are beautiful and well maintained as other posters have mentioned. The reserve is a bit far from the beach, but a 5 or 6 minute walk is probably good for you and besides, there are always shuttles going back and forth which the kids always enjoyed. I think walk/ride is a reasonable compromise for the sense of privacy and exclusivity that the distance provides. The pools are lovely, and seemingly adorn every nook and cranny of the property. My one reservation is that they are a bit cold to enjoy for extended periods. They seemed much colder in 2010 probably because it was cooler and cloudier the week before we arrived. If they could somehow figure out a way to get some heat into these pools i would probably give the property another star. The warm pool in the spa is zen like, and was one of the most tranquil places I could fathom. One note: the floor of the spa pool was filthy with the congealed remnants of guests' spa treatments. One wonders why the daily audits of the facility didn't catch something so glaring.

The Dominican people are lovely and warm. While tips are not expected, they are certainly appreciated. A few US $1s went a long way to parting the seas wherever we went. The service was typically Carribean at times, and other times as prompt as the Four Seasons in Munich. They had clearly planned for a quiet week and it showed at times. I take exception to the reviewer who complained about the service and the mismatched night stands and lack of king beds. I was checking in when she brought her complaint and she was extremely rude. The guest services staffer was conversely very polite and patient and was making every effort to accommodate her concerns. Barking to a well meaning employee that "for 150 a night I expect 5 star service and matching nightstands" just seems wrong to me. For 150 a nite you can barely get a Motel 6 in rural New Jersey.

One must bring his or her patience to the casino. The warmth of the island's populace goes straight out the casino door. The dealers are abrupt and officious. Misdeals in blackjack are common--both years I got cards in BJ that I didn't call for. That said, it's great that there is a casino, if that's your thing. I should also note that the main grounds of the Paradisus are lovely.

The food is a solid 7 just about everywhere. The kids enjoyed the Teppenyaki. The Asian sharing place was pretty good considering where we were. The Italian was descent--they need someone to tell them to simplify the menu. everything was needlessly ornate and thus more susceptible to miss the mark. Buffet meals offered good variety and were generally fresh. Fruits and veggies were all fresh and okay to eat without concern of illness. The breakfast at Gabi club in the reserve was very enjoyable and in a beautiful setting. They make specialty coffees for you on demand, although the Americano they bring around was very nice. We enjoyed the poolside buffet just about every day. They make wonderful fresh battered chicken tenders, good burgers, and wraps, etc. Too bad they use a grocery style frozen crust for the pizza.

Overall, the whole experience was positive and memorable. The relative peace, seclusion and comfort that the rooms and facilities provide combined with the beautiful Dominican people make for a great experience. For the money, I am willing to put up with the few hiccups. If it was just my wife and I, I would certainly stay here, but a place like Banyan Tree or the Four Seasons in Nevis would be a more accurate reflection of what a 5 star experience really is.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Luxeslap
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We've stayed at the Paradisus properties in Punta Cana 6 times over the years. While they've gone through a lot of changes, they are still a great value and better than most all inclusives. Rooms were large and comfortable -- sometimes a little noisy as the sound echoed in the atriums, but overall, very nice. Grounds are beautiful, and we found that we were able to find nice quiet places around the pools to relax. The beach was a little far away, walkable, but toasty in the sun.

Most impressive about our stay this year at the Reserve was the extraordinary service we got in all the bars and restaurants. Notable were Alexander (the great) and Kelvin in the dining rooms, and Luis (el Cubano) and Ronnie in the H2O bar were just awesome. Luis made the best pina coladas ever -- he took such pride in his craft, and remembered what we liked every time we went in. We travel quite frequently, and these people truly stood out as the best we've encountered. Overall, a nice trip -- it won't be our last!

Room Tip: No elevators, so while second and third floor rooms are quieter, you will be walking up stairs. Also, rooms farther away from the lobby are quieter-- makes the walk worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
ManagementPPRL, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2011

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your valuable comments and compliments about our grounds and rooms. It is a pleasure for me to hear that you had a memorable stay with us due to the effort and dedication of our Restaurant and Bar staff. Please rest assured that I took a good note of your observations.

We await you soon for your 7th stay at your second home, The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real Resort.

Best regards,

Rafael Torres
Managing Director

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I will start with the cons, just to get them out of the way...
1. Music throughout the resort was not good. Management should really take into consideration that the majority of people who travel to tropical destinations want to feel like they are at that destination... NOT in an elevator! Would've loved to have carribean music while laying out by the pool.
2. Mini bar wasnt filled and we had to call guest services a few times before someone came out and fixed the problem.
3. The food was NOT up to par! It was pretty much impossible to find hot food at the buffet, at best it was luke warm! We were there for a week and only found good food at Passion and Hydro grill. Dont even bother going to the others, you will be disappointed. If you do not plan to drink, I would not pay the ALL INCLUSIVE. breakfast buffet was ok, and you can find nearby restaurants for dinner.
4. The service at the restaurants was horrible. There are too many people involved (one for water, one taking your order, one bringing food, etc.) and even if you come across a good server, good luck ever finding them the rest of the evening to give him a tip! Our worst experience was at Aqua where the server that took our order got to the table with his pen and notepad and simply said "go". We couldnt believe it! When we told him our starters, he said "next" and so on...truly the worst service! The hotel should be embarassed!
5. the concierge that you are assigned to is a joke. While some people liked this hotel feature, we did not. All they really do is try to get you to buy into the timeshare and make your dinner reservations. We personally didnt like it bc we dont want to be on a time schedule while on vacation. I want to eat, when im hungry, not at a scheduled time everyday as our concierge told us we had to. We just called to cancel or showed up at another restaurant and they still took us without a problem.
6. The beach at the main resort was bad. The seaweed and debris covered the shoreline, and there were no servers to bring drinks.

What really turned this trip around for us, and made up for ALL of the negative, was our amazing DREAM TEAM! Adalberto, Francois, and Rey from the HydroGrill and Gustavo and Felix from the bar at Gabi. I have to go person by person bc they truly deserve to be recognized for their amazing service!!

1. I cant say enough kind words about Adalberto. He truly went above and beyond for us! He was our server while at the pool. We had complained to him about how unhappy we were with the food at the resort and how we really wanted some real dominican food. A little while later he personally brought us one of the chefs (Francois), who promised to make us a "special" dominican lunch just for us the very next day! We told him how the music at the bar sucked, and he went and found someone to change it and play some bachata while we were there. There is NOTHING that he wouldnt have done to make everything better for us. Adalberto- you have such a kind spirit and a heart for serving, keep up the amazing work!
2.Francois (Hydrogrill Chef)- He is a great chef who made not only 1, but 2 special meals for us! We ate lobster, shrimp, rice, sancocho, mangu, and the best croquettes ever! Thanks Francois for caring so much and making us feel like VIP! I wish we would've met you the first day... we would've ate at the hydrogrill all week long!
3. Gustavo is a great bartender with a huge smile always on his face! Make sure to order a Chocolate Kiss (beso de chocolate) from him...with the sugar on the lime!
4. I had seen a few reviews mentioning Felix's pina coladas and I had to see for myself... the reviews were spot on! He would take his time, get fresh pineapple, and make the absolute best pina coladas I've ever had!
5. Last but not least Rey (server from Hydrogrill) was very nice with absolutely perfect english! I couldnt believe that he had never lived in the states. He was very nice and also recommended us to eat at the hydrogrill when we complained about the food. He was always willing to take care of us over there;0).

Apart from our great "family" at the Reserve, the spa was amazing---make sure to check it out, the hotel was beautiful, and always had very comfy lounge chairs/seating by the pool.

Tips for travelers:
1.After being warned by the reviews about the whole timeshare sales, we took advice and let our concierge know, as soon as she told us she had a "surprise" for us, that we weren't interested. They will try to convince you that its not timeshare but dont fall for it! Just be firm from the beginning and you shouldn't be bothered again.
2.Establish relationships early with the people who give you good service from the begining and tip them accordingly! These people work so hard (many times working more than 12 days straight)! They deserve to be compensated just as you would treat anyone else in your country back home.
3. Look for Adalberto, Rey, Felix, Gustavo, and Francois and I PROMISE that you will have a great time!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple