“Fun but expensive”

and up
Fur Seal Encounter in Punta Cana
Ranked #17 of 101 things to do in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Come to our beautiful park and discover the awesome feeling of swimming with dolphins and interact with others amazing animals in an unique tropical environment
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had such a lovely time with picasso the dolphin. Loved being pulled along, kissing him and dancing with him. Enjoyed being kissed by a sea lion too and watching a show, and watching a parrot show. Only shame was the price of the pictures. I was told that you could purchase single pictures from my rep but this way was $20 a picture. Shame about the price. We didn't want to pay $110 for pictures when we spent loads just having the chance to swim with the dolphin. I ended up buying just the one and got the man down to $15 for 1 picture.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,958)
All reviews
in 130 reviews
"trainer"
in 224 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I liked how friendly the staff was. My only issue was the fact that I could only buy the video in a package deal. I hated the pictures but had no choice but to buy the whole thing.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

went on trip organised by our hotel, my son did the explorer package which let him swim with the dolphins , please book carefully as a few people booked wrongly and ended up just the interactive session , before the dolphins you are taken around a short walk to see parrots and watch a sealion show then photo taken with it, then the dolphins , after that the parrot show, in all a very good day out , if you have pics taken and do the dolphins they take pics and a video , you can buy these at the end , we bought a cd with the video and 15 pics it cost $80 not bad for precious moments of your child

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have wanted to swim with a dolphin since I was a little girl...what a dream come true! Best birthday ever!!! Our dolphin Maya was so sweet and boy can she swim.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We are absolutely disappointed in this experience. We were confused about which package we purchased since they all start with EX..explorer, excellence, and extreme. So we only purchased three people for the explorer and one person paid 35 to go and take pictures. They made the person taking pictures wait at the dock a 75 yards away from our family.The dolphin in our group had a big owie on his nose which made me sad. We kissed the dolphin while looking at the camera. We held the fins of the dolphin, the dolphin danced, but we were to look at the camera. We stood in the water and the dolphin jumped over our head. The salt water drips in your face so you cannot really see. Hold onto the dorsal fin and get pulled 25 feet, again with salt water in your face so you cannot open your eyes. Then again with the dolphin on his back and holding onto his other fins for 25 ft. This was the 150$ package, the cheapest one. For me, the experience was not intimate enough. I thought swimming with the dolphins would be more intimate and interactive. I did not realize we were going on a highly choreographed experience that would include about four minutes total of having my hands on a dolphin. Then the pictures. OMG. 130$ for the three of us. Especially after paying 35$ for a photographer to come with us who could not see us much because we were at the water line below the docks so far away. I hear that those that snorkeled with the nurse sharks were happy but I would avoid this company in the future.