“Best surf camp in the world, by far!!!”
Review of Macao Surf Camp

Macao Surf Camp
Book In Advance
More Info
$95.00*
and up
Group Surf Lessons at Macao Surf Camp - Punta Cana Surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Three Jesus loving friends with more than 30 years of experience, got together to share their Stoke and all the benefits that Surfing gave them through their life; teaching kids from 4 to 76 years old to Surf, to respect the ocean and nature in general. We are in one of the most beautiful and undeveloped beaches of the Dominican Republic, on the Punta Cana area: Macao Beach, a localism free beach where everybody is welcome, with six different breaks and one of the safest beaches to learn how to surf, and yet exciting enough for experienced surfers. Literally making dreams come true, specially for those that dreamed all their life about riding waves, for those that want to make Surfing their main sports activity, and also for those that just want to get Surfing out of their "bucket list". Surf Shack with showers and lockers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best surf camp in the world, by far!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

When it comes to surf camps Macao Surf Camp takes the cake. The staff is amazing and so helpful. Armando and Raphael are great instructors who truly make you feel so comfortable and welcome. This surf camp is a MUST if in the Punta Cana area. Children of every age 2-102 will have so much fun and will learn how to surf, but most importantly you get to embrace the Dominican culture and the amazing people first hand. I was in Punta Cana for 6 days and 5 of which we're spent at the camp. The staff really made us feel like family while we were there. I give Macao surf camp 2 thumbs up all around.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mreid003

• Polish first
Maryland, USA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Excellent Surfing Experience”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I highly recommend the Macao Surf Camp. Our positive interaction began before our arrival when emails arranging lesson time/hotel pick-up were immediately returned, and payment instructions were crystal clear. The van arrived right on time, and the Surf Camp staff got us outfitted immediately upon arrival. The on-beach lessons were quick, but well done. The staff made it easy to get up on the boards once we were in the water. They were encouraging when I failed to do it right, and incredibly positive once I figured it out. We were each assigned a staff person who helped you stabilize the board, and pushed you once the wave was coming. Great photos throughout. Excellent experience. My two teen boys are still talking about it.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great location with excellent support and crew”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Thank you Reid for a great time and also the people that you have on staff
Surf lessons and the location is just perfect place to surf. Also a great place to learn how to surf. The waves were a perfect size and gave you a chance to get out. Going up the beach the waves increase in size so as you improve you move up to bigger waves. I am not sure we should tell people about this little gem of a surf spot

1 Thank oxer5
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

After researching online, I signed our 22 yr old son up for a surf lesson. I contacted Rafael by email before we booked our trip and he responded giving me tips on where to stay and details about the surf camp.
When we arrived at our hotel we went to guest services and asked them to book the surf lesson. They did not have the contact information for Macao surf camp because there are many surf schools at Macao beach. We quickly googled it and they made the phone call for us and booked the lesson. Take the phone number with you!
The day of the lesson Rafael, the owner, picked us up at our hotel and drove us to Macao beach, along the way he gave us interesting details about the area.
Every detail of this experience was handled professionally and smoothly.
Note: They have rashguards you can wear. We did not know this and purchased one before our trip. You don't need to do this.
Lockers are provided on site for your personal belongings.
Also, we signed up for a private lesson and it was well worth the small additional cost.
They also have a professional photographer on site that takes photos and video throughout the lesson. After the lesson you will be given the opportunity to purchase approximately 200 photos on a disc for $30. There is no pressure to purchase.
The lesson included dry land instruction before getting in the water. The lesson is advertised as 2 hours. I clocked it and it was exactly 2 hours with a small break in the middle.
We were very pleased with the surf lesson and the professionalism of the staff.
The whole experience from time of pick up at the hotel until return to the hotel was 4 hours.
We highly recommend this activity!!

1 Thank Annette C
italy
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“My 50th Birthday experience!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family and friends picked Punta Cana as the place to go to celebrate my birthday...well I couldnt have been more pleased. To make it more perfect we went surfing..and found a magical beach, the nicest people and definately not something to miss!! I had been writing to Rafael for months and when we got there he remembered the birthday girl. He said not to worry and everything he promised was even more than what we expected! He picked us up from our hotel, we did our surfing lessons, had an incedible lunch and spent the afternoon in the sun. The men in black were great instructors and Ramon was our Photographer! We came home with the most amazing pictures...a memory to remember. It was so good we took a group of 7 the following week! They made me grilled lobster for my birthday lunch...and lots of cold cold beers..A big thank you to everyone. Cant wait to go back :)

Visited November 2013